For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My pain dilemma... crossroads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18236
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:12 pm

So very happy to hear you are having success! Praise God (I pray it continues)!

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:13 pm

Great to hear it is helping! Also, this is much better on your stomach Wink

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
And trust me, this is a new perspective for me, someone who has looked down his little self righteous nose at all these pro-cannabis people as just "wanting to get high" - I can admit when I'm wrong.

Man I can understand, I have learned too, that I don't always understand things, or where someone else is at. My experiences are not the same as someone elses :p

I am so glad to hear this is helping your pain!!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3245
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Glad to hear it's relieving the pain!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3366
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Good news!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:23 am

Currently adjusting the dose to find the right balance. Learned so much about properly tapering previous medications down, rather than just saying "hey, I feel fine, I'll just drop these tablets" - this can be a very dangerous action as your body will not react pleasantly.
Stopping Xanax abruptly can actually cause seizures. Stopping Neurontin can cause panic attacks and severe anxiety and sleepless nights. Same goes for Norco and Soma, stopping these cold turk can result in withdrawal.
It is recommended to taper over a period of 6 weeks (which, even though I know this as a pharmacy technician since 1989, I felt no pain or anxiety on day 1, that I cut my meds down by 80%. Foolish.) By cutting my meds so abruptly, I experiences flu like symptoms, restless nights, and horrible anxiety to the point of panic attacks (and anyone here who's experienced P/As know it's the worse feeling you can have).
ANYWAYS, I'll be discussing my symptoms with my immediate Dr who initially recommended this course of therapy as she has a certificate in this area of medicine. I've also consulted many reputable websites that have vastly educated me as to times of day, dosing amounts, and what to do with your previous medications - how they interact and how they should be tapered.
Again, this is a whole new thing for me, and though it relieves my pain practically 100%, I have a lot to learn.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Yikes! You crazy medical professionals always make the worst patients.

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Yikes!  You crazy medical professionals always make the worst patients.
Seriously!! I hope these side effects pass quickly with the right care!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:08 pm

My wife would agree 100% with that. I am a horrible patient. AND I have no patience.... but like my wife said: There are NO fixes in this life where the pain goes away and you have no other affects.

I'm learning this and though I'm stubborn, I plan on figuring this out. My biggest thing now is, my wife wants this to work for me so badly, but I don't really see doing this the rest of my life. I'd like to just get off all pain meds, then do the vaporizing only occasionally when I'm in terrible pain. I know I can live with pain when the level is around 4 to 6... I can go without any meds at that level.

So we'll see... the journey continues. (This is not the life I planned on - course we don't get to choose what life throws our ways.... selah)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18184
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:39 am

When you get off the pills and just do the vaporizing, there are some other natural medicines that you can try when your pain level is lower.  You can try Arnica (available at GNC) and Formula 303 (found it cheapest at Amazon).  These are both a natural anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxer.  Neither are addictive and won't leave you sleepy or hyped up.  My chiropractor is big into natural medicines and highly recommends these (and sells them too).  I did not believe that they would work when he sent me home with them the first few times I saw him when I first found out I have a degenerated disc.  I wanted some PAIN MEDS.  These are what I got.  However, they do work.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Number of posts : 5641
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:52 am

I would always try natural remedies first.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:35 am

Very good recommendations Alldat. We actually sell the Arnica gel where I work (the Dr I work for has a degree in Integrative Medicine, so she's big on natural medicines as the first option). I haven't tried it yet as I have been on hard RX treatments since my first back surgery in '05. But now that I've already tapered off the Norco and Mobic completely, and I will be doing my final taper this week of the rest of meds, I will be definitely pursuing more natural remedies. I will finally be free from the chains of all those meds and look forward to the feeling of not popping pills all day long ! It's going to be glorious !
I will be considering those remedies as you mentioned Alldat. Thank you.
God gave us so many plants and herbs, I believe cuz He's merciful and knows that since we're stuck on this awful planet with all the pain, we would need different remedies, and so He showed His mercy in placing remedies throughout the world.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:28 pm

I say do what you have to do to function normally.....and I may find myself in a similar situation having just been diagnosed with glaucoma. Not really surprised because my eyes have always been garbage, but still pretty scary.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:55 am

I'm completely shocked at what a "big deal" opponents make of cannabis use ! Remember, I was an opponent for most my life - now that I use it medically twice a day, I don't see what the big fuss is ! 

Alcohol, Percocet, Norco, Soma, Oxycontin etc - ALL have much worse side effects, feeling "under the influence", etc.... Medical Cannabis has been so bred and hybrids created that you can pretty much get pain relief without any head trips or highs. They've really come a long ways with this herb - it really is a medicine !  Opponents have never educated themselves it seems. It is medically impossible to overdose on MJ. This is a fact, not a statement that's been said over and over. You can't say that about all the other medications for pain, anxiety, etc. ODing is easy with all other meds and alcohol.

Shame... we really need to educate the masses, so they're not prejudiced and ignorant as I was for the first 43 years of my life.  Right now, because of people's mis-conceptions about this plant, thousands of children are suffering and dying horrible deaths. Kids with MS, Cancer and MuscDyst and a host of other conditions could be successfully treated with small doses of vaporized cannabis, but the laws won't allow it.... so instead, they give these poor kids, and adults, a cocktail of narcotics or psychotic drugs which just makes the conditions worse.  The CDC has proven that cannabis would greatly help those suffering with multiple different conditions. But our government has tied so many practitioner's hands. It's really sick.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:39 pm

It's funny but I have noticed many people that have knee-jerk opinions about things that they really don't know enough about.  I have been guilty of this myself as well, it's amazing how much an opinion can change with the right exposure to the real issue at hand.

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Exactly.
When I was on several Percocet, Soma and Xanax a day, my wife use to say I had slurred speech and forgot things all the time. Oh but those were legal and acceptable !
With my current medicinal herb, I kicked all those kidney destroyers and am thoroughly alert and pain free... I can function way better now than when I took a bunch of tablets.

Ironic.
Back to top Go down
Driven

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:41 am

I tend to agree with the medical purposes, since I've always been a "natural cure first" kind of guy. I just hope people won't abuse the system - but of course they would.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:09 am

Let's just put it this way - I decided to go to the Dispensary in Palm Desert cuz they have "Weighed Down Wednesdays" where they throw extra in your bottle (so if I buy 1 gram, I'll get 1.3 grams for the same price)... by the time Lisa and I got there at 4pm on Wednesday - their entire leaf stock was cleaned out !! They told me and some others who showed up at that time that their entire leaf stock was bought out and they only had tinctures and edibles.
Let's put this in perspective - that means they sold, in one day, approximately 8 to 10,000 bucks in pot in ONE DAY !!! So my reasoning tells me that most of these buyers aren't all using their purchases for legitimate medical reasons, I gather that many are stocking up for parties, or even to re-sell for profit (which is BEYOND illegal). So yes, Driven, there is probably quite a bit of abusing the system. Especially seeing how easy it is to get a license. Anyone over 18 can walk in, tell them they have a medical problem verbally and they will give you a license. This part I don't agree with. I think ONLY those with legitimate health issues should be able to obtain. They'd have to PROVE that the person has medical records and diagnosis' from Drs that are legit.

This is the area I disagree with. It's similar to clinics that let anyone come in at pretty much any age and obtain condoms for free, no questions asked. I mean, these outfits just let anyone walk in and get what they want.... I think Cannabis Drs should require medical records on all patients, and turn down those who do not qualify, those who are just trying to get loaded legally - that's abusing the system.

Any thoughts on this ?
Back to top Go down
Driven

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:50 am

Agreed to a tick. It's like any other medication.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:44 pm

We have the same issue with the legal mj here as well.  I guess tons of people have fake cards so they can buy it.  And recently our state just legalized marijuana, but have haven't passed the laws to allow growth...but I hear they are just about to release licenses to some growers.

Last edited by Staybrite on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:38 am

Maybe it should be treated more like a regular prescription. First Dr writes script,  then you go to pharmacy & fill it. I don't really get why it is controlled differently.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:10 am

It's in what's called a transition stage. Going from an illegal herb to a controlled and carefully grown medication. In doing so, there remains many who are against it, calling it a "gateway" drug, believing if it's been illegal, then it should remain illegal... basically, the group of "don't confuse me with facts" people.
When more people realize the CDC and multiple other Government sites are lauding Cannabis for it's amazing results in Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis, Cancer, Seizures, Chronic Pain, Panic Attack, and the list goes on. Multiple sites are making headway by separating the facts and the fiction about Cannabis.

Currently, I have had incredible sleep for almost a month now - compared to before when I had lots of insomnia due to pain... not to mention it's cured me of snoring too.
Unfortunately I'm finding that even the hybrids put me to sleep ("couch-lock"). So it's great for night time use, but I'm not having much success for during the day, when I need pain relief the most. I think my body is still way too new to this and it's gonna take time to get use to it enough to medicate during the day.
A second problem is on the horizon too. A possible job change may be forced on me, and if I have to go back to retail pharmacy, they're not usually too cool about strong medication use among pharmacy employees... this may hinder me getting hired on to a new job. I may need to tough it out or go back to pills for a while. Idk. I hate change.
Back to top Go down
Driven

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:37 pm

Here's hoping you can find a new job that suits you. Have you thought about changing fields entirely?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:49 pm

Quote :
Have you thought about changing fields entirely?

Every second of every day for the last 15 years.

Unfortunately I'm State licensed and Certified in a career that makes pretty good money. I have no idea what else I'd do... or if I could make enough money doing something different.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
Have you thought about changing fields entirely?

Every second of every day for the last 15 years.

Unfortunately I'm State licensed and Certified in a career that makes pretty good money. I have no idea what else I'd do... or if I could make enough money doing something different.

Exactly my dilemma.  The job I have is too filled with stress and uncertainty, but I make too much money at it to quite and do something else.

PostSubject: Re: My pain dilemma... crossroads   

Back to top Go down

My pain dilemma... crossroads
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2