Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's a "guy thing"

Go down 
+10
kerrick
Samson
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
Fundy
MikeInFla
metaldude
Xid
ishmael81
BearDad
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 8:07 am

I was driving down the highway with my family and twice during the 60 minute trip crop dusting planes crossed our path. The first one was flying back and forth over the highway, and as we got closer the pilot performed an Immelmann turn, and upon completing his turn ended up coming towards us from our two o'clock position, passing overhead no higher than pheasants I have shot at. Thirty or so minutes later we are driving along and I see another plane coming at us from our twelve o'clock, not much higher than the first one. 

Now there are a couple of things you need to know about me:

1. When I was younger I loved the WWI and WWII flight simulator games -- Red Baron, Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, Aces of the Pacific, etc.
2. I just finished watching the HBO mini-series "Band of Brothers" not even a week prior to this, and I had recently watched the first two episodes of the the HBO mini-series "The Pacific"
3. When the first plane flew over I was actually listening to Iron Maiden, and the song playing was "Where Eagles Dare"!!

So with the above in mind I did what any self-respecting guy in my position would do: I grabbed my air guns and --- RAT-A-TAT-TAT --- I shot those suckers out of the sky!!!!

My wife, being the uber-intelligent and extremely down-to-earth woman that she is, looked at me like I was some type of alien. I don't know what her problem was; I was only protecting my family!! 

lol!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 8:21 am

Lol! I have done the same thing, much to the same response...
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 9:11 am

If your wife only knew how close you all were to dying she'd have thrown her arms around you and said, "My Heeerow!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 9:14 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 9:57 am

Kind of like the Great White in the Gulf Of Mexico. I thought it was cool but my wife was "ehh". Katherine was last tracked near here (Panama City, FL) and Great Whites in the Gulf are rare.

It's a "guy thing" Safe_image.php?d=AQDUvY8-kpiV46IS&w=484&h=253&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.cdn.turner.com%2Fcnn%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F130924124214-great-white-shark-story-top

It's a "guy thing" 10409330_10154207941310167_4323707521742318422_n
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:01 am

BearDad wrote:
I was driving down the highway with my family and twice during the 60 minute trip crop dusting planes crossed our path. The first one was flying back and forth over the highway, and as we got closer the pilot performed an Immelmann turn, and upon completing his turn ended up coming towards us from our two o'clock position, passing overhead no higher than pheasants I have shot at. Thirty or so minutes later we are driving along and I see another plane coming at us from our twelve o'clock, not much higher than the first one. 

Now there are a couple of things you need to know about me:

1. When I was younger I loved the WWI and WWII flight simulator games -- Red Baron, Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, Aces of the Pacific, etc.
2. I just finished watching the HBO mini-series "Band of Brothers" not even a week prior to this, and I had recently watched the first two episodes of the the HBO mini-series "The Pacific"
3. When the first plane flew over I was actually listening to Iron Maiden, and the song playing was "Where Eagles Dare"!!

So with the above in mind I did what any self-respecting guy in my position would do: I grabbed my air guns and --- RAT-A-TAT-TAT --- I shot those suckers out of the sky!!!!

My wife, being the uber-intelligent and extremely down-to-earth woman that she is, looked at me like I was some type of alien. I don't know what her problem was; I was only protecting my family!! 

lol!

As I was reading that I was thinking 'yesssss!'  I think most self-respecting guys would do exactly the same.  It was only yesterday that I shot a couple of kids (one being me son... although he shot me back!)

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:23 am

BearDad wrote:

lol!

Dude! It's like we are living the same life!  Laughing 

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:23 am

Beardad YOU ROCK !! Yesss !!! haha !! I love it !
Just as young girls talk incessantly and young boys make brum brum sounds with a hotwheel, we never change ! Our bodies just get bigger  Laughing 
I would've done the same thing. Many times when a car is going WAY too slow in front of me and I can't pass, I would press an imaginary button on the dash and make the machine gun noise blowing that car into little pieces so I could drive through the firey wreckage - my kids loved it when they were young  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:30 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Just as young girls talk incessantly and young boys make brum brum sounds with a hotwheel, we never change ! Our bodies just get bigger  Laughing 
I would've done the same thing. Many times when a car is going WAY too slow in front of me and I can't pass, I would press an imaginary button on the dash and make the machine gun noise blowing that car into little pieces so I could drive through the firey wreckage - my kids loved it when they were young  Very Happy

I would pretend I was driving KITT and hit the turbo boost button.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:33 am

^^^^^ YEAHHHHHH !!!! ^^^^^^^  

lol!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:39 am

Shall I blow them to itty, bitty bits, Michael?
Back to top Go down
BearDad

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:52 am

I'm glad to hear my actions apparently had nothing to do with the song, recently watched shows, or computer games from my past and is just a naturally male response.

It's a "guy thing" Whew_whitebg
Back to top Go down
BearDad

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:00 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

When I was a kid I read "With Friends Like These ...", a book of short stories by Alan Dean Foster, and in "Why Johnny Can't Speed" he pursued the possibility. The following is from Amazon:

"Why Johnny Can't Speed" (1971) What if Congress opted to pay for a nationwide mass transit system by eliminating highway patrols, and the Supreme Court ruled that attempts to regulate interstate highway systems were in violation of the 1st Amendment? Machine guns and rocket launchers built into cars, that's what. Frank Irwin, learning of the death of his only son in a lane change dispute, prepares to exact payback

I have always loved that story!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Wow ! that sounds like a wild story  Shocked
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 12:46 pm

Haha I remember walking through campus in college with a friend and shooting some obnoxious squirrels with my air shotgun... right as a campus security was driving by...  He gave me an awfully funny look but just kept on driving.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 2:39 pm

When my kids where young I used to make sound effects noises while I was driving (like squealing tires when I turned any corner, and up and down shifting noises like we were in some kind of race). Then I would weave the car back and forth (staying in my lane) so the kids could pretend they were on a roller coaster. The kids loved it....wife not so much.

ishmael81

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 2:57 pm

I did that once and my wife got car sick. Not a good day.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 3:48 pm

these stories crack me up, and just go to show that all of us guys have the same tendencies ingrained into our very being.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:02 pm

^Very true!  I intentionally run over stuff while driving just to hear it pop (coffee cups, apples, dry leaves, etc.).  I also like dodging the little reflectors while changing lanes (my dad is the master of this) and at night if there's someone driving towards me, I always try to beat them at turning off one's brights.

And speaking of guys/stereotypes, a couple years ago I cooked dinner for the gal I was dating one evening.  We hadn't been dating for very long at this point.  She went into my fridge to get something and looked at me and said, "Kerrick, I never thought those stereotypes of bachelor guys were true... until now."  My fridge has basically nothing but beer and condiments hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 5:22 pm

kerrick wrote:
^Very true!  I intentionally run over stuff while driving just to hear it pop (coffee cups, apples, dry leaves, etc.).  ...

There is this low point in the road right next to the sidewalk in front of our local police station that fills up with a lot of water every time it rains.  I almost always steer to the right so I can hit it and spray a bunch of water up on the sidewalk, the kids love it (even now that they are all older).  I did it one time and my son said "Dad you got that pedestrian all wet!".....took me a second to realize he was joking.

Last edited by Staybrite on Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Haha that's great!  I [used to] do that too.  The road I live off of gets a few massive puddles during the winter.  I actually managed to get water into my distributor because I was hitting those so hard.  (I drive a 2000 Dodge Stratus.)  It caused my car to run really rough and I couldn't figure out why!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2007-06-03

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 9:01 pm

There are times while driving that the road turns continually and you go up and then down and up again. I usually end up visualizing that I am on a rollercoaster.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 6:39 am

Oh staybrite, that's the best. My parents watch our son after school (and soon all day, till school starts back up) and just outside their neighborhood on the way back home, there's a stretch that's probably 200 feet where a puddle gathers every 10 feet or so. You'd think my five year old was riding something at Six Flags when we drive through.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 8:03 am

ishmael81 wrote:
Oh staybrite, that's the best. My parents watch our son after school (and soon all day, till school starts back up) and just outside their neighborhood on the way back home, there's a stretch that's probably 200 feet where a puddle gathers every 10 feet or so. You'd think my five year old was riding something at Six Flags when we drive through.
Oh yes, very cool!

Xid

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 8:56 am

ishmael81 wrote:

That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's a "guy thing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a "guy thing"   It's a "guy thing" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's a "guy thing"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next