Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wait, What!!!???

Go down 
+5
alldatndensum
ishmael81
Staybrite
xenonlion
BearDad
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 7:18 am

I don't usually post political comments, but this story cracks me up.  

Hillary Clinton wrote:
[In 2001] We came out of the White House not only dead broke but in debt ... we struggled to piece together the mortgages for houses ... "

(http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/09/politics/clinton-speeches/index.html?hpt=hp_c2)

First of all, she said "houses" ... plural.  Umm, really!?  'Scuze me Mrs. Clinton, but many Americans do not own a single house, much less more than one. And what kind of house did you own? Was it this one? 

Wait, What!!!??? Clintonhouse
http://www.celebrityhousepictures.com/bill-clinton.php

To be fair, this may not have been one of the "houses" the Clintons "struggled" to own upon leaving the White House, but my house isn't even as big as the guest house! And get a load of the multi-vehicle parking lot!!!

Concerning salary; here is what US presidents have "earned" annually since 1789:

Wait, What!!!??? Pressalary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_the_United_States

Umm. 'scuze me Mrs. Clinton, but I don't even make today what a US president made in 1909! And while I am in debt (serious debt by some folks' standards), I would in no way call myself "dead broke". You guys made that much money annually, and you had an expense account ... what the heck did you spend all your money on!!??  Donuts!!??

Keep diggin', lady ... keep diggin'!

Wait, What!!!??? Digginghole
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:11 pm

I've heard about this, too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:24 pm

It would be funny if it wasn't true. Guess that's what happens when you tie up your income in shady real estate schemes.

Isn't slick Willie rumored to get paid $100,000 plus for a single speech?

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:09 pm

Yes he does Staybrite and she gets almost that much.

And I don't even make as much as a president in 1873... so I'm even less sympathetic.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:00 am

If they were really so broke, then they could sell off some of those "houses" they own.  There are assets that they could liquidate.  Being broke doesn't just mean you don't have a petty cash fund.  Being broke means you have no money and no assets in which to liquidate in order to pay off debts or other financial commitments.  She's just trying to connect with America's poor people so she can make her 2016 presidential bid.  It ain't happening, Shillary.  Her natural language is lies and I have trouble believing anything this woman ever says.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:50 am

Amen
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:32 pm

I don't think she is necessarily lying.  I just think this is yet another example of wealthy politician-types being incredibly out of touch with the realities of the citizenry.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Is her "broke" the same as ours?  Did she have to sell off her personal belongings to meet her commitments?  If not, she ain't broke and she's lying about it in order to promote herself to voters who are down on their luck.  Shillary is a chameleon and will attempt to mold her public image to whatever people want to hear.  Therefore, she is a liar plain and simple.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 10:32 pm

Steve Taylor (Whatever Happened to Sin?) wrote:
A politician next door
Swore he'd set the Washington arena on fire
Thinks he'll gladiate them
But they're gonna make him a liar

Well he's a good ol' boy
Who was born and raised
In the buckle of the Bible Belt
But remember when you step
Into your voting booth
He'll never lie
He'll just embellish the truth

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 7:05 am

Steve hit the nail on the head with every verse in that song!

There is something that disturbs me with this, though.  Why is our Andre playing saxophone for Steve?  Did Andre invent the time machine in a couple of years, learn saxophone, and travel back in time to play for Steve Taylor's band?  Go back and look at the video and tell me that doesn't look like Andre back there!

lol! 

Also, is Steve Taylor living a double life?  If he put on the right glasses, bow tie, and elongated that coat, he could easily pass a a younger Bill Nye, the Science Guy.

affraid

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 8:10 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Is her "broke" the same as ours?  Did she have to sell off her personal belongings to meet her commitments?  If not, she ain't broke and she's lying about it in order to promote herself to voters who are down on their luck.  Shillary is a chameleon and will attempt to mold her public image to whatever people want to hear.  Therefore, she is a liar plain and simple.
Well of course; she's a politician.  I think I actually misread the original quote as something she said back in 2001.  I'm totally not defending her or what she said and I still think she is completely out of touch if she thinks any down on their luck voters are going to think she can relate to their problems.  If she ever could--which I seem to remember was NEVER the case--it was in a time so remote and distant that it might as well have never happened.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 8:12 am

alldatndensum wrote:

There is something that disturbs me with this, though.  Why is our Andre playing saxophone for Steve?  Did Andre invent the time machine in a couple of years, learn saxophone, and travel back in time to play for Steve Taylor's band?  Go back and look at the video and tell me that doesn't look like Andre back there!
Yes he did!

I thought Andre was playing bass for DeGarmo & Key.  Looks like someone found the keys to the DeLorean.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:44 am

alldatndensum wrote:

lol! 

Nah, man, can't be me. He's tall. I'm not.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Is this really for real?
This is ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wait, What!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, What!!!???   Wait, What!!!??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wait, What!!!???
Page 1 of 1