Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ressurection Band

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Ressurection Band Empty
PostSubject: Ressurection Band   Ressurection Band I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 8:38 pm

I just getting into this band. I dont have any music from them. I had a sampler that had when the love came down but that was years ago but it got ruined. Ive never been able to find much of their body of work. They are the real deal. Love the music. Im assuming some of their stuff most be outa print. Did they ever put out a best of or live recording thats out of print that has "when the love came down on it that someone would consider making mp3s of for me. Really would like to get some of this great music on my mp3 player. Anyone know how wendy is doing?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Ressurection Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ressurection Band   Ressurection Band I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 9:22 pm

Here's a good place to start: http://www.grrrrecords.com/rez-band
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rich71

Ressurection Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ressurection Band   Ressurection Band I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 10:14 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Ressurection Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ressurection Band   Ressurection Band I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 7:40 am

Much of their music is still available through Grrr Records.  From time to time, Grrr will reissue one of the albums that is out of print.  You also might want to check with Retroactive Records and see what they still have of their Rez reissues.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Ressurection Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ressurection Band   Ressurection Band I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 10:52 am

Most of it is easy to get on Amazon or ebay.
Back to top Go down
rich71

Ressurection Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ressurection Band   Ressurection Band I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Can anyone here who knows there catalog work reccomend a particular cd to start off with maybe a best of. I really like When Love Came Down. I know thats off of Between Heaven and Hell or vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Ressurection Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ressurection Band   Ressurection Band I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 9:22 pm

The Light Years is a good sampling of their early stuff and Innocent Blood is my fave of the later stuff.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Ressurection Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ressurection Band   Ressurection Band I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 10:33 pm

rich71 wrote:
Can anyone here who knows there catalog work reccomend a particular cd to start off with maybe a best of. I really like When Love Came Down. I know thats off of Between Heaven and Hell or vice versa.

It really depends on you. Do you prefer ...

... the more Zeppelin-ish sound? Go with Awaiting Your Reply or Rainbow's End
... late 70's to early 80's rock? Colours, DMZ, Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore, or Hostage
... harder 80's, a la Van Halen? Between Heaven and Hell or Silence Screams
... blues/rock? Innocent Blood or Civil Rights
... conceptual? Lament
... unplugged? Ampendetomy

Resurrection Band is one band that truly evolved over the years, keeping their music fresh and staying ahead of the masses for the most part. As was said, the CD Light Years gives a good sampling of their older work. However, it doesn't cover their Grrr releases. If you really want a good sampling, but you don't want to buy all their work (or simply can't find it) I recommend the Music to Raise the Dead Box Set (not to be confused with the 1972 demo tape of the same name OR the 1984 "Best Of" compilation). This set includes thee CDs with songs from every album, including the demo tape, and a live concert footage DVD. I've ordered it just to get the DVD!

And speaking of the '72 demo, it was never commercially reproduced and can only be heard if you are lucky enough to find the cassette or know someone that has made it available for download. But don't pay for it, as the seller is making money off of something they didn't produce or purchase themselves, which IMO is unethical. What you need is someone that simply places it on the Net and says "help yourself", just like the band did at concerts back in the '70s. Oh wait, that someone is me! Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pdti3vnawzum3kj/AAB7n0kB0AvBYFncKD4DrGK3a

Mind you, this is literally a demo tape. It is very raw and doesn't stand up to what the band later produced professionally. But it is a great look at their beginnings.

Last edited by BearDad on Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Ressurection Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ressurection Band   Ressurection Band I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Most of it is easy to get on Amazon or ebay.

But sometimes with a pretty hefty price tag for the OOP albums.  Someone wants $60 for Colours!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Ressurection Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ressurection Band   Ressurection Band I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 8:16 am

Grrrr Records has several of the Resurrection Band albums for sale on their website.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Ressurection Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ressurection Band   Ressurection Band I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 2:40 pm

^^ Download as well, with the some available for streaming.

http://www.grrrrecords.com/rez-band-mp3s
Back to top Go down

Ressurection Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ressurection Band   Ressurection Band I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 2:51 pm

Lament is my personal favorite of the latter day releases...Awaiting Your Reply and Rainbow's End from the early years.  Thumbs Up 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ressurection Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ressurection Band   Ressurection Band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ressurection Band
Page 1 of 1