Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Saint Song - Times End

Go down 
+8
Through The Dark Radio
MikeInFla
BearDad
Redeemed Fool
Follower of Jesus
Xid
metaldude
Staybrite
12 posters

Pick Your Favorite
In The Night
Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_lcap21%Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Island Prisoner
Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_lcap7%Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Space Cruiser
Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Through You
Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Time's End
Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_lcap21%Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Primed & Ready
 21% [ 3 ]
Destroyers
Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_lcap14%Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Phantom of the Galaxy
 0% [ 0 ]
Steel Killer
Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_lcap14%Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Favorite Saint Song - Times End Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 12:35 pm

Now we come to my favorite of the classic Saint albums!

Favorite Saint Song - Times End TimesEndCover_zps00fc2682Favorite Saint Song - Times End TimesEndBack_zpsedf2420c

Times End

This album was originally released in 1986 (on the Pure Metal label) and recently remastered and reissued through Retroactive as part of their "The Orginals" series.  The album was also reissued in the earlier 2000's as a two cd set including a live set of the band at Cornerstone (I believe from 1986).  I would have loved to have seen a young Saint storm the stage at Cornerstone, it must have been  quite a show.  I find it very difficult to pick a favorite song from this album as it has so many great tunes "In The Night" "Island Prisoner" "Space Cruiser" "Phantom of the Galaxy" "Steel Killer"....quite honestly I could pick any as a favorite, and I'm really torn between Island Prisoner and Steel Killer.  (gonna just go with Island Prisoner to end my torment!!!).

So what is your favorite from this classic album?

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 1:15 pm

The poll for this album needs an option for "all of the above". I literally wore out my first copy of this album. This is an old-school heavy metal throwdown from front to back. A "must have", in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 1:26 pm

In the Night...Tykkus used to do it live and it was  Headbang 
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 2:36 pm

metaldude wrote:
The poll for this album needs an option for "all of the above". I literally wore out my first copy of this album. This is an old-school heavy metal throwdown from front to back. A "must have", in my opinion.

That would have been cool, where where you when I was making this thread!?  Laughing 

trogdawn wrote:
In the Night...Tykkus used to do it live and it was  Headbang 

Oh man I would have loved to have seen/heard that!

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Oh man I would have loved to have seen/heard that!

There's a live version with Robin Ryvord on vocals (the guy before me) on the new anthology.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:14 pm

Steel Killer is the song that always comes to mind first from this album so it has my vote.  I had a 1st issue CD that got sold when money was really tight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:33 pm

The guitar solo in Primed and Ready is one of my favorite solos ever. My favorite song, however, is probably Destroyers.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Like picking my favorite kid but went Primed and Ready as I like the kind of lower register it's sung in.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:16 pm

I like Primed and Ready ... just something about its groove.  And I agree with RF in that I like the lower register ... a little easier for me to sing along! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 5:42 pm

Easily In The Night. First Saint song I ever heard when this was a new release. To this day it is my all time favorite Christian Metal tune.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 3:24 pm

Time's End.  Still one of my favorite Saint songs.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 7:04 am

Once again, the mark of a great album...everyone's favorite songs are all over the place. When you see poll results like that, you have found a gem of a metal album.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 9:41 am

I agree.  There are two songs without votes that I still get stuck in my head,  even when I haven't heard them.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 4:43 pm

Drat! I can't pick! Razz

I'll have to think about this for a couple of days. This is really hard. Several excellent songs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Driven wrote:
Drat! I can't pick! Razz

I'll have to think about this for a couple of days. This is really hard. Several excellent songs.

I had the same problem.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 8:30 pm

Went with Time's End. I love the groove of that song. In The Night and Destroyers were close.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 8:51 am

I also had to think about it.  I ended up picking "Destroyers".  While the album is great, I kept hearing this song in my head every time I'd read this thread and think about my favorite song.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Have to go with Time's End....but it could be any of them, really.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau

ze_mau

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 4:47 pm

I bought the m8 version back in 2001 , but Ive actually never listend to the physical CD. as soon as I could I downloaded the album and checked the music.  Saint are in fact a great band , but the "Judas Priest clone" tag still applies to them.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau

ze_mau

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 4:49 pm

the song I chose was "Primed and Ready"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - Times End   Favorite Saint Song - Times End I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Saint Song - Times End
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: