For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Stateside Mission Trip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18174
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Stateside Mission Trip   Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 am

Today I am leaving for Cincinnati, OH for 5 nights with a team from Wilson County for a mission trip.  We are going up to do day camps, VBS, mild construction, etc.  The church as a whole is in crisis there.  In Nashville, the ratio of churches to people is 1:300.  In Cincinnatie, that has dropped to 1:30,000.  It's staggering to say the least!  We are just one part of an ongoing team that is helping to spread the gospel there and to try to keep some of these churches that are near failing open and reaching more lost souls.

Pray that people will be saved.  Pray that we all will come back refreshed and on fire for Jesus.  Pray that the Holy Spirit will do a might work in the hearts of the people of Cincinnati and in our team.  Pray for our safety.  Pray that this will be what will pull me out of my funk that I've been in lately and that I will come back fully trusting in Christ and with a fresh vision for my own youth group & life.  Yes, that's a big menu, but I know you all can do it!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

Number of posts : 2353
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Stateside Mission Trip   Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:35 pm

Praying!  Yup, that's a big menu indeed, but thankfully our God has an even greater appetite for that sorta stuff!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18213
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stateside Mission Trip   Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Great news praying all will be safe and that _God will use you all to the fullest.

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Stateside Mission Trip   Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Chris,

Who is leading the group?  Make certain that individual understands the value and importance of each person that is part of the team.  Specifically, see to it that no individual on the team is singled out for negativity.  Rather, whoever is in charge needs to understand that every team member is there for a reason and the focus should be on said individuals strengths as they apply to the goal and tasks at hand. 

Keep Philippians 4:13 in mind: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".  What are the things that each team member can do as opposed to cannot?

If there are any flaws, weaknesses or problems with a team member, then that person should be confronted one on one.  If the issue is brought up in front of everyone, then said individual will be alienated within the group and everyone else in the group will get involved.  If you want to have unity within a mission team, then said team cannot be fractured by negativity. 

I say all this based upon past experience.

Philippians 1: 6 comes to mind in that capacity: "...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus".

View each person part of the team as a "work in progress" from this standpoint and encourage one another, as reinforced in Hebrews 3, in this regard.

Based upon past experience, I believe that the ministry of any short team mission team starts internally.  If you cannot effectively 'minister' to on another then how can you minister to those around you?

What I like to refer to as the three 'one another' passages come to mind:

"Serve 'one another' in love" - Galatians 5:13
"Encourage 'one another' daily" - Hebrews 3:13
"Accept 'one another' just as Christ accepted you - Romans 5:7

Please forgive me if I am wrong, but in my opinion the key for any short term mission team to come together is to first learn how to serve, encourage and accept one another.  Once this is established, everything else will fall into place.

OK, my sermon for the say is over.  Thanks for listening. Very Happy 
"
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Xid

Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Stateside Mission Trip   Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Gotcha covered!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14671
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stateside Mission Trip   Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:57 am

I pray for all the things you have asked for.
I hope that the powerful working of God's Holy Spirit will impress you all.
That you come home renewed and full of new strength from God and His Holy Spirit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stateside Mission Trip   

Back to top Go down

Stateside Mission Trip
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1