Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For Xenonlion.

Go down 
+7
Redeemed Fool
kerrick
xenonlion
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
Staybrite
rockerVu2
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

For Xenonlion. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 4:28 pm

xenonlion wrote:
Whoa. We have a Derek and a Kerrick. Very Happy

This is no joke:

When I lived in Denver I worked at a place that had a Mary, a Gary, a Larry, a Harry, a Terry, and a Barrie (me). All we were missing for a complete set was a Kerry (or Carrie).  (please, no fairy jokes! Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 7:50 pm

I feel like I've read that somewhere before. Have you mentioned that before somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 8:45 pm

In our band, Judah we had Dave, Derek, Darren & Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 11:52 pm

xenonlion wrote:
I feel like I've read that somewhere before. Have you mentioned that before somewhere?

I don't think so, but anything's possible. The older I get the more I forget ... what were we talking about?
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 9:36 am

So your name is Barrie and you're a dad. I see why you are called BearDad now. Heheh BeerDad.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 10:13 am

xenonlion wrote:
So your name is Barrie and you're a dad. I see why you are called BearDad now. Heheh BeerDad.

That's part of it, but not the whole story.

- When I was a kid I remember hearing my dad jokingly refer to himself as Bildad, after Bildad the Shuhite in the book of Job.  I'm sure it was just wordplay (his name is Billie and he was ... is ... a dad); after all, Bildad is not someone any sane Christian wants to be confused with (just read Job to understand).

- My folks and closet friends have always called me Bear. My wife doesn't, though; things to make you go "hmm." Sad

- When we got an XBox 360 and I had to create a MS Live account I picked the name BarrieDaddy; not sure why, just did.

- At one point or another I needed to create an online account and for some reason BarrieDaddy wasn't accepted, so I shortened it to BearDad.  I have used that ever since, or some variation if it is already being used.

And no ... it is not beerdad! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:43 pm

BearDad wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

This is no joke:

When I lived in Denver I worked at a place that had a Mary, a Gary, a Larry, a Harry, a Terry, and a Barrie (me). All we were missing for a complete set was a Kerry (or Carrie).  (please, no fairy jokes! Very Happy )

I'm a Gary and I approve of this hilarity.  I worked at a Brick factory for a brief period that had about 50 employees (most of them ex-cons).  There were two other Garys besides me...highest concentration of Garys I have ever seen.

Xid wrote:

You missed out on an opportunity to name the band "Quadruple D"!

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:57 pm

Haha at my high school job (Christian conference center dining hall), we had three Tiffany's.  My boss would just love to walk by when all were working, say, "hey Tiffany," see them all turn around, and just laugh and keep walking.  It was pretty classic.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:58 pm

Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

This is no joke:

I'm a Gary and I approve of this hilarity.  I worked at a Brick factory for a brief period that had about 50 employees (most of them ex-cons).  There were two other Garys besides me...highest concentration of Garys I have ever seen.

Xid wrote:

Dave #1 & I already had already picked Judah while we were searching for Darren & Dave #2.  But when we found out that there were several "Judahs" out there we thought about making a play the D's but went with Cross-Eyed Clyde instead.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 6:10 am

I remember one time that I went to youth camp at Covenant College  Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga, TN. My youth group went with another church youth group from the Nashville area. One day I was in line for the diving board at the pool. A guy in the shallow end yelled " Hey Rick!" Myself and 3 others in line said "Yeah?". Realizing there were others I looked up and down the line. Then all 4 of us at once looked out and said " Which one?"
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 7:12 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
I think Kerricka is not cool.
 lol! 

I'm only kidding Kerrick.

Kerrick was Kerricka BEFORE the surgery.   lol!

Kerrick, put down that hammer.  Kerrick..........KERRRRRRRRRICK!!!!!   MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!

I am sorry that I missed the birthday announcement, Xenon.  I've not been online as much due to church trips and a brand new computer that has already died.  I am trying to get the warranty to kick in a fix the darn thing.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 9:20 am

It's okay.

My name is not common so I'm the only person who answers to it. Sometimes I mishear other people's names though.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:35 pm

Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Xid wrote:

Dave #1 & I already had already picked Judah while we were searching for Darren & Dave #2.  But when we found out that there were several "Judahs" out there we thought about making a play the D's but went with Cross-Eyed Clyde instead.

"Cross-Eyed Clyde" is a much better name then "The D's". "The D's" makes it sound like you were a bunch of under-achievers in school.

Xid

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:27 pm

There should have been an "off of" in between "play" and "the".

I liked Cross-Eyed Clyde but unfortunately life side swiped us and took Dave #1 to California and Dave #2 decided to call it quits.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 3:30 pm

Just like Bryan Adams lamented in his song "The Summer of 69"...."Me and some guys from school, had a band and we tired real hard. Jimmy quite, Jody got married, shoulda known we'd never go far."
Same thing happened to my first band (only I was the guy who got married and moved away).

Xid

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 4:35 pm

It's an all too familiar story.  Though Cross-Eyed Clyde would have been band #6.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 5:02 pm

Xid wrote:
It's an all too familiar story.  Though Cross-Eyed Clyde would have been band #6.

I only made it through 3 bands before I realized I was essentially talentless and just gave up.  lol! 

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 6:13 pm

I've been in 0 bands. When I was in 6th grade I wanted to be in a black/death metal band.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 9:02 pm

xenonlion wrote:
I've been in 0 bands. When I was in 6th grade I wanted to be in a black/death metal band.
I didn't get into my first band until my Senior year in High School.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:20 pm

In my Grade 10 math class, there were two Stephanies and two Zachary/ies. So our teacher designated a Steph, an Annie, a Zack, and a Zatch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Xenonlion.   For Xenonlion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Xenonlion.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2