Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14

Go down 
+4
Xid
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 Empty
PostSubject: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 11:20 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Fun

Not too many familiar songs to me, but I'm sure it's gonna be hilarious no matter...

Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 220px-MandatoryFun

1. "Handy"   Amethyst Kelly, Charlotte Aitchison, George Astasio, Jason Pebworth, Jonathan Shave, Kurtis McKenzie, Jon Turner, Al Yankovic "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX 2:56
2. "Lame Claim to Fame"   Yankovic Style parody of Southern Culture on the Skids 3:45
3. "Foil"   Joel Little, Ella Yelich O'Connor, Yankovic "Royals" by Lorde 2:22
4. "Sports Song"   Yankovic Style parody of college football fight songs 2:14
5. "Word Crimes"   Pharrell Williams, Clifford Harris, Jr., Robin Thicke, Yankovic "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and Pharrell Williams 3:43
6. "My Own Eyes"   Yankovic Style parody of Foo Fighters 3:40
7. "NOW That's What I Call Polka!"     A polka medley including the following songs: "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus
"Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People
"Best Song Ever" by One Direction
"Gangnam Style" by Psy
"Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen
"Scream & Shout" by will.i.am featuring Britney Spears
"Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye featuring Kimbra
"Timber" by Pitbull featuring Kesha
"Sexy And I Know It" by LMFAO
"Thrift Shop" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Wanz
"Get Lucky" by Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams
 4:06
8. "Mission Statement"   Yankovic Style parody of Crosby, Stills & Nash 4:28
9. "Inactive"   Alexander Junior Grant, Dan Coulter Reynolds, Daniel Wayne Sermon, Benjamin Arthur McKee, Joshua Francis Mosser, Yankovic "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons 2:56
10. "First World Problems"   Yankovic Style parody of Pixies 3:13
11. "Tacky"   Williams, Yankovic "Happy" by Pharrell Williams 2:53
12. "Jackson Park Express"   Yankovic Style parody of Cat Stevens 9:05
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

First World Problems (Lyrics)

My maid is cleaning my bathroom, so I can't take a shower
When I do, the water starts getting cold after an hour
I couldn't order off the breakfast menu, cause I slept in till two
Then I filled up on bread, didn't leave any room for tiramisu
Oh no, there's a pixel out in the corner of my laptop screen
I don't have any bills in my wallet small enough for the vending machine
Some idiot just called me up on the phone, what!? Don't they know how to text? OMG!
I got
First world, first world problems
(First world problems)
(First world problems)
I bought too many groceries for my refrigerator
Forgot my gardener's name, I'll have to ask him later
Tried to fast forward commercials, can't - I'm watching live T.V
I'm pretty sure the cookies in this airport lounge ain't gluten free
My barista didn't even bother to make a design in the foam on the top of my vanilla latte
(First world problems)
(First world problems)
Can't remember which car I drove to the mall
My Sonicare won't recharge, now I gotta brush my teeth like a neanderathal
The thread count on these cotton sheets has got me itching
My house is so big, I can't get WiFi in the kitchen
Uh, I had to buy something I didn't even need just so I could qualify for free shipping on Amazon
(First world problems)
(First world problems)
(First world problems)
(First world problems)
(Laughing)
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 11:34 am

I love the video for "Tacky" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Dang G/F, it's almost like he wrote that "First World Problems" song with you in mind.

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Ah, gotta love Weird Al.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:06 am

Even better, Al's current song proves we are kindred spirits  Laughing  (a lot of stuff in this video is parody of Robin Thicke's video, not just his song.... I don't recommend Thicke's video or song, it's another ridiculous song glorifying sex and objectifying women.... but AL'S VIDEO REDEEMS it with Word Crimes)  cheers 

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 2:26 pm

Did you lobby Al to make these songs for you G/F?

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:37 pm

I love Weird Al, as I may have made known. Despite this, I'm not too interested in the new album, because it's mostly new songs in which I have no interest. I think that's why I like ApologetiX a bit more, in fact: they do all styles - particularly classic hits. Also, I think Apo' does a better job of writing similar-sounding lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:42 pm

I agree for the most part. I've enjoyed more lyrics and song writing by Apo, but with Al, I've never laughed so hard.
Headline News by Weird Al still brings tears to my eyes.

I'm enjoying the new songs on this Al album, but I also agree that Apo spans more ground song-wise, where Al's focus has always been on current song parodies.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:23 am

Al's gig has always taken songs that were fairly current top 40 hits and redid them.  It is what has kept him popular for all these DECADES.  His shows get bigger year after year. 

Besides, who buys his stuff for the parodies anyway?  The best songs are always the originals.  The parodies are what the kiddies get to hear on the radio to get them to check out the album.  The most hilarious songs are the original tunes.

So, when I see this on the Walmart shelf, I will definitely have to snag this to add to my "Weird Al" collection.  Except for this one, I have the entire collection on CD.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 11:00 am

Personally I don't like parodies of songs I know, as I think they ruin the song. If I hear a tune I know, especially if it's one I like, I prefer to recall the correct lyrics rather than someone else's modified lyrics.  For this reason I do not own and will never own an Apologetix CD, since they seem to like to parody classic tunes and harder music.  I enjoy Wierd Al parodies, however, since he seems to prefer poking fun at pop stars, songs I don't typically listen to.  Sadly, I cannot hear "Beat It" without thinking "Eat It". Smile
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 5:16 pm

On the other hand, parodies can but improve some bad lyrics, y'know? Razz
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 5:51 pm

I've noticed that there are no "indifferent to parodies" music lovers - I've only ever come across people who LOVE parodies, or hate them.

I had 2 older brothers who played Dr Demento every Friday night in the 70s and I'd record the shows. It was then I fell in love with humorous takes on serious songs. Ever since, I've been a huge fan of song parodies, especially, as Driven just said, when they take lyrics full of foul language or other junk and change them to Godly or even just funny lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:03 pm

I really dig parodies, but for the life of me I cannot listen to them on a regular basis like most music.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I've noticed that there are no "indifferent to parodies" music lovers - I've only ever come across people who LOVE parodies, or hate them.

I had 2 older brothers who played Dr Demento every Friday night in the 70s and I'd record the shows. It was then I fell in love with humorous takes on serious songs. Ever since, I've been a huge fan of song parodies, especially, as Driven just said, when they take lyrics full of foul language or other junk and change them to Godly or even just funny lyrics.

Well, sure, if it's a junk song that I would never listen to, then I don't mind the parodies. But Apologetix tend to go after the classics that I enjoy: http://www.corpusquest.com/kbnj/ApologetiX/songs.htm
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:40 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Actually, I'm kinda indifferent. Weird Al is hilarious and talented but I own nothing by him. After the second or third listen I get bored with most parodies.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:40 am

I love parodies and think they are hilarious.  I also have to be in a mood to listen to them, though, or I don't find them as enjoyable.  I do, however, play both Weird Al and Apologetix quite frequently.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:01 am

Ditto.

The other day I was looking for something different to play at work, when I casually opened my "Comedy" folder and there was Weird Al. I put on "Headline News" and my staff must've thought I was losing it as I was in my little office just laughing my head off.

Sometimes a good dose of parody is just what you need.
I guess I'm wired for parody. I grew up reading Cracked, Crazy, MAD - watching movie parodies, and of course, listening to Dr Demento where song parody reigned supreme. Today I have lots of Dr Demento compilations and albums by some of the parody artists from the show including ALL albums by Weird al as well as Apologetix.  Guess it's just in my blood to laugh at serious things being made fun of.
I even have every issue of the only religious parody magazine called "The Wittenburg Door" or just "The Door".  They take many stabs at the "sacred" but are all strong Christians that ran the magazine. One of my favorite articles is the parody of Chick Tracks - fun stuff. (at least for me)  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:23 am

I loved Cracked and Mad Magazine when I was younger.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 8:01 am

My local Walmarts do not have this disc.  Looks like I am Amazon bound.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 5:34 pm

So far I'm a bit under-impressed with this album... I like it, but don't love it. I think with Lynnwood and ALpocalypse he really knocked em out of the park, but this album seems a bit bland. Again, I don't hate it... it's just not looking like it's gonna be a fav. Could be cuz I'm not familiar with any of the parodies and the originals are just so so.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
So far I'm a bit under-impressed with this album... I like it, but don't love it. I think with Lynnwood and ALpocalypse he really knocked em out of the park, but this album seems a bit bland. Again, I don't hate it... it's just not looking like it's gonna be a fav. Could be cuz I'm not familiar with any of the parodies and the originals are just so so.

I'm definitely with you on the parodies. I haven't kept up with the latest viral stuff. Haven't listened to the originals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14   Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wierd Al new album released today 7-15-14
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: