For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Good preachers who you can listen to online.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
I_cut_rocks

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2014-07-15

PostSubject: Good preachers who you can listen to online.   Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:59 am

Because I found myself temporarily embroiled in the KJV only conflict and their (I can't think of the right word) insistence that preachers that use the King James version of the Bible are the only ones really preaching the Word of God I have sort of lost my way on who is a good preacher and who isn't. Who teaches the Bible and who is caught up in a new age mysticism or witchcraft as some put it. They often point to John MacArthur's statement that one could take the mark of the beast and repent. I have studied this issue forwards and backwards and I am still unclear on the issue. But here is what the Bible says:

Quote :
 Revelation 14:9-11English Standard Version (ESV)
And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

I don't know how you can get much clearer than this. But then, there is the unforgivable sin...and it's not taking the mark of the beast. From the NET which I have come to like very much. The reference is Matthew 12:31
31 For this reason I tell you, people will be forgiven for every sin and blasphemy, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven

In any event the subject comes up often in the KJV only circles. Until I understand just exactly what John MacArthur was thinking when he said that, I think it disqualifies a preacher whom I had the utmost respect for.

In any event I am appealing to you all to help me find a preacher that I can be confident that he is preaching directly from the Bible with good knowledge of the Bible, preferably knows Greek and Hebrew, understands the culture of Biblical times and how they might relate to us in modern times. I can read the Bible for myself and I do, every day. Nevertheless there are problematic passages in the Bible that not all of us understand. A clear reading of Genesis 1 says that the earth was created in 6 days of 24 hours length about 6000 years ago and then there is the different views regarding the flood and Bible prophecy. I take a literal approach to the Bible unless it tells me not to do so. In that regard I would expect a preacher that I were to listen to, to take that approach.

Can you all give me a list of recommendations? I cannot go to church because I work a double shift every Sunday. 8 in the morning until midnight. I can't reasonably attend a mid week service because I have to be to work at midnight on Wednesday. I miss church, but I haven't been able to go in years because of the kind of work that I do. If your own pastor fits the bill then maybe you want to recommend him.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Good preachers who you can listen to online.   Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:23 am

I enjoy Voddie Bacham, Jr., NT Wright, James McDonald and my own pastor, Josh Burton. You can get our podcasts on iTunes for free - search remedystl
Back to top Go down
Driven

Number of posts : 5627
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Good preachers who you can listen to online.   Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:24 pm

The speaker at my church is very good, and to my judgment, grounded in the Word. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you can download recent sermons: http://calvarybaptistpembroke.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good preachers who you can listen to online.   

Back to top Go down

Good preachers who you can listen to online.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1