For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Happier

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Happier   Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Things are going pretty well in general. I haven't been feeling too down lately or anything. I'm getting better at seeing the good things about myself instead of just beating myself up. I'm trying to get better at talking to people. It's still tough at times. I'm not miserable like I used to be all the time. I have low moments or days sometimes, but in general things are a lot better. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3135
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Happier   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:24 pm

Glad to hear it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14569
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Happier   Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:35 am

That's so good to read you are doing better.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18066
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Happier   Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:55 am

Great news!  Praying things will continue to get better.  And remember you can always talk to us.

Number of posts : 3327
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Happier   Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:13 am

Great to hear!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8866
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Happier   Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:50 am

Way 2 go ! As someone who's struggled with depression for 44 years (love those genes - thanks mom and dad !), I can say that life is not lived based on feelings but on purpose.  If I lived my life from feeling to feeling, I would've checked out years ago. In my darkest times, I use my logic to remember my purpose and those in my life who need and want me around.

May God bless you and reveal His presence to you in awesome ways.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Happier   Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:34 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Way 2 go ! As someone who's struggled with depression for 44 years (love those genes - thanks mom and dad !), I can say that life is not lived based on feelings but on purpose.  If I lived my life from feeling to feeling, I would've checked out years ago. In my darkest times, I use my logic to remember my purpose and those in my life who need and want me around.

May God bless you and reveal His presence to you in awesome ways.

It helps me to think about the people who need and want me around, too. It helps a lot. Smile It would hurt them deeply if I killed myself. I don't want anyone to feel bad because of something I've done. Sometimes I get really anxious thoughts like "What if they are faking it and don't actually like me?" but I can tell that they are not faking it because they probably would have done something that would make it obvious. Also, I really don't need to worry with my really close friends. My closest friends are usually strange and silly like me and we can relate very well. Smile It also helps that I'm getting better with social cues and voice tone. Those can be challenging for me. I don't feel like people are afraid of me so much anymore. Sometimes I do worry that people will be afraid of me when I get older though. I know I don't need to. Lately, I'm been becoming more comfortable with who I am. I don't like to put on a show for everyone when I go to places. That's really tiring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happier   

Back to top Go down

Happier
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The WORD - Biblical Discussion and Prayer Requests-
Jump to: