For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Jobs, Careers and the unknown

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8894
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Careers and the unknown   Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:58 pm

Gonna weigh my options. I know what I can't do - gotta figure out what I can do. My goal is to say goodbye to the medical field. (after 25+ years I know I don't belong in the medical field, I cannot stand all the sickness, death and rules that I have to follow that piss off patients)
I'd really like to do something that is NOT customer oriented. Some sort of assembly line type of job - something I can go to, do my job and go home. 
Should be interesting....
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Careers and the unknown   Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:24 am

I remember in 2005 I changed careers and it was frightening. I was a DJ in radio for 18 years but changes in the industry and lousy pay had me royally burned out. I just couldn't survive any more raising a family on radio pay. I had a decent desk job but that's about it. I always had to ask my dad for money, which I hated doing. So I left and went into industry. Something I knew NOTHING about and it was physically taxing. I took a job at a paper mill, where I still am today. I am much better off mentally and financially. It was very scary leaving my profession and getting dropped into a totally foreign environment. But, I have found a "home" here at work and love it. I made the right decision and had prayed for a better job for over a year. Someone from church helped me get on at the mill. 

I'm so happy that things worked out for you. Career changes are terrifying.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8894
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Careers and the unknown   Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:59 pm

Thanks man. I need encouragement, cuz quite frankly, it IS scary to just up and "move on".

It's not set in stone yet, but if they give Lisa what she's asking for (and totally what she's worth - she is WAY smarter than me), then she told me I can just take my time finding a part time job and take a little time off. 
This would be ultimate, as my neck herniation and my recent Lumbar surgery sight have been killing me lately. I'm well medicated at night and sleep great, but during the day at work, I'm just a wreck... makes me unintentionally grouchy some days. Living with pain sucks.

I think that's my "psychological" hang up with God - the fact that I believe I'm holding anger in my heart - anger for being in pain all the time... I've drifted away from my loving Father as if He's to blame... man, we humans can be so stupid. I gotta get back in fellowship with the Lord.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Careers and the unknown   

Back to top Go down

Jobs, Careers and the unknown
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2