For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My schizophrenic employer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8894
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: My schizophrenic employer   Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:07 am

Everyone's heard about my health, back surgeries and now the possibility of a "forced" job change. The Dr I work for owns this practice. She was sued over something petty and ridiculous, but is now paranoid of going through that again (the whole experience shook her up bad).  In her paranoia, she has become completely insane and making so many new rules that everyone is being driven crazy by her new nervous persona. Long story short, she can't make up her mind on what she wants to do - one day she wants to close the practice and take only the mngr with her (Lisa, my wife), the next she's wanting to sell the practice so the patients and employees can just continue on, the next she wants to stay and hire another Dr, giving her time to be with her kids and not be so stressed, the next she wants to sell the practice again and move to Palm Springs - and she's the kind who wants to make a decision and DO IT right away... problem is, these things take time.
Lately she's been claiming to have told us stuff, when she really hasn't.... she's driving everyone crazy, and the only 2 who know about the previous lawsuit and her plans to move on (Lisa and I) are in a blender of "what's gonna happen to us ?" "Do we start stashing cash in case we're out of work for a while, or do we just keep on keepin on - business as usual ?"  
We're both sick of the schizo-ness and wonder what her plans are today, or tomorrow.
With my health, I'd really like to cut back to part time... but it's gonna depend on what our current employer finally acts on.

I just needed to vent this out. Thanks for listening  Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18172
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: My schizophrenic employer   Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:19 pm

My boss is similar.  He has threatened to quit and close up shop 5 or 6 times in the last year and a half.  Fortunately things have been going well finacially for the last several months and that has kept him from wanting to quit.
The last firm I worked at was sued around 4 times in something like 6 years.  Most of those had nothing to do with our firm or what we did for the client(s).  Sadly it comes with owning your own business (at least in this country).

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: My schizophrenic employer   Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:12 am

This is one of the reasons I'm glad I work for a good-sized, private company.  We actually have company lawyers at the ready for any and all lawsuits.  Adn we're a fairly stable company as well with plenty of sells with plenty of plans for additions.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: My schizophrenic employer   Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:28 pm

I prayed for your boss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My schizophrenic employer   

Back to top Go down

My schizophrenic employer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top