Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do

Go down 
+3
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
BearDad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do Empty
PostSubject: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do   Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 1:46 pm

Well, not really Lucy.  Just an admin/mod/boss/manager ... you know, wonadem folks what's in charge.

What is the deal with PMs.  (and no, I don't mean that!).  I typed out a message to someone and clicked send, got the happy "your message has been sent" message, and a day later there it still sat in my "outbox."  Not the "sent box," but the "outbox."  So I opened it, made a small change to it, clicked "send", and once again was told, "your message has been sent," only to see it land in the "outbox" rather than the "sent box".

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do Confused  Eh?

I'z corn-fused! Did someone forget to feed the mailman? Do I need to leave him a tip or something? And what is the outbox for? I'm assuming it's for offline message storage until sometime when one is online again and the mail daemon [ ... hmm .. maybe that's the problem.  There's a demon at work here ... ] can pick do its due diligence and send the stored messages.  But this is an online forum .... Is an outbox really necessary?  I mean really?  Just send the blasted thing! 

edit: I just saved this post and checked, and my message still has not been sent. wuddupwiddat!!!???  Where do I insert my dollar bill!!!???
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do   Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 2:46 pm

I've always been under the impression that it sits in the "Outbox" until the recipient opens it, then it goes to "Sent" status.
But you're saying it tells you it's sent after you edit it - I wonder if you're not allowed to change PMs after you send them, regardless if someone read it or not ?? ((shrugging shoulders))
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do   Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:00 pm

Jim's right.  It stays in the outbox until the recipient opens it.  Only THEN is it in your sentbox.  Very Happy

(And your PMS comment made me chuckle by the way hehe.)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do   Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:09 pm

On a side note, I had sent a PM to someone way back in 2007, and like 4 years later I went into my box and realized he never got it - (someone who ended up checkin' out of the CHM hotel)
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do   Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:23 pm

BearDad wrote:
Well, not really Lucy.  Just an admin/mod/boss/manager ... you know, wonadem folks what's in charge.

What is the deal with PMs.  (and no, I don't mean that!).  I typed out a message to someone and clicked send, got the happy "your message has been sent" message, and a day later there it still sat in my "outbox."  Not the "sent box," but the "outbox."  So I opened it, made a small change to it, clicked "send", and once again was told, "your message has been sent," only to see it land in the "outbox" rather than the "sent box".

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do Confused  Eh?

I'z corn-fused! Did someone forget to feed the mailman? Do I need to leave him a tip or something? And what is the outbox for? I'm assuming it's for offline message storage until sometime when one is online again and the mail daemon [ ... hmm .. maybe that's the problem.  There's a demon at work here ... ] can pick do its due diligence and send the stored messages.  But this is an online forum .... Is an outbox really necessary?  I mean really?  Just send the blasted thing! 

edit: I just saved this post and checked, and my message still has not been sent. wuddupwiddat!!!???  Where do I insert my dollar bill!!!???

Garth! Garth! Take your Ritalin!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do   Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
On a side note, I had sent a PM to someone way back in 2007, and like 4 years later I went into my box and realized he never got it - (someone who ended up checkin' out of the CHM hotel)

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...

Last edited by ishmael81 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do   Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:37 pm

Ooooh! Shiny things!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do   Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Quote :
CHM hotel

On CHM we love it when people check in.
But we don't like it when the check out.

It's a long time ago sabidoo has posted on CHM.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do   Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:44 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I've always been under the impression that it sits in the "Outbox" until the recipient opens it, then it goes to "Sent" status.
But you're saying it tells you it's sent after you edit it - I wonder if you're not allowed to change PMs after you send them, regardless if someone read it or not ?? ((shrugging shoulders))

Actually, I can edit it.  I go to the outbox, click the message, click edit, and viola: I can edit it and resend it.  And yes, every time I click "Send" I get the message stating it has been sent.

azzamattafact, the message in question is to you, Jim. So howzabout checkin' your inbox and seeing if it's there.  If so, open it and I can the verify your impression.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do   Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 8:37 am

If the person you are trying to send the message to has a full inbox they will not receive it.  Sounds like Jim might need to clean out his inbox...start with those offers to help that Ethiopian widdow trying to smuggle her dead husbands money out of the country.

PostSubject: Re: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do   Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:12 am

I was originally offering to pay all his medical expenses, but since he didn't answer right away I gave the money to some homeless guy.

Joe-king of course!  What a Face
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do   Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:58 am

BearDad wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Actually, I can edit it.  I go to the outbox, click the message, click edit, and viola: I can edit it and resend it.  And yes, every time I click "Send" I get the message stating it has been sent.

azzamattafact, the message in question is to you, Jim. So howzabout checkin' your inbox and seeing if it's there.  If so, open it and I can the verify your impression.

It appears Jim's impression is correct. Now I'm impressed (which is better than being depressed)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do   Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do
Page 1 of 1