For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Prayers please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Prayers please   Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:24 am

Hi all, need some prayers today. I'll keep it personal for now but I NEED prayers today, this morning preferably. It's one of those issues that has me so bothered that I can't even pray for myself. Ever feel like that? That something has you so stressed out that you can't even think straight long enough to pray for yourself? Well, it is one of those. And I am not one who stresses easy, normally I can roll with it but this one is doing a number on me. Thanks all....

Mike
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14629
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:02 am

God know why you ask prayers for.
Sometimes that's enough.
I've said a prayer for you MikeInFla.
Yes I know what it is not being able to pray for yourself.
That's why you have others so they can pray for you.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18172
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:45 am

Praying for you brother.

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:53 am

Thank you. At work right now and cannot focus because I am so stressed out. Luckily I am unsupervised at work today
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3194
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:27 am

Praying for you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:34 am

praying.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:39 am

Sending up a prayer right now for you.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:28 pm

I'll be praying for you.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18083
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:18 am

Definitely praying!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:20 am

Thanks all, keep them coming I can feel the power of prayer helping. Today is a much better day but the "thorn in my side" is still there, not quite all the way out. I think a good night's sleep helped last night and I do feel less stressed today, however this situation could blow up fast if all doesn't go well today. So please keep them coming!!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14629
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:35 am

God will give you His rest. Keep you in prayer MikeInFla.
Back to top Go down
Xid

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:36 am

Praying for God's peace amidst the storm.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:50 am

Just an update, I can say the thorn has either been removed from my side, but it is still very sore... We are not all the way there but it is getting close. I can say the stress level has gone from 100% to about 20%... Things are looking up and I will give the full details once everything is in the clear. 

I can say my wife and daughters are a bit more relaxed with the situation but it is far from over.

Thanks all,

Mike
Back to top Go down
Xid

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:26 am

God is good!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:57 am

Ok, everything is over and better. FINALLY and it is almost a laughable situation. I can explain now and it seems odd to pray over something like this but it really did have an impact on the whole family. I want to thank ALL OF YOU for your prayers in this matter over a..... bath tub!

Our house was built in 1956. The tub was showing signs of wear. So we needed a new tub but didn't want to do the whole bathroom. got an estimate for a tub install and everything seemed fine. He told me where to get a new tub and I bought it.... It sat on my carport for 3 weeks before they installed it. They were in no hurry to get it done. Tubs nowadays are normally 30 inches across and 60 inches long. Well, my OLD tub was 32 inches across and 58 and 3/4 long so it posed a problem for them during the install and they had to cut out more tile than what we wanted cut out.

As you can see we had a huge hole in the wall and were unable to take showers. They told me "we are not tile guys, we are tub guys and now you are on your own". I worked with the plumber to try and find a tile person and this took another 2 weeks before I could get anything.... Which was nothing so I knocked 100 bucks off his payment and told him nevermind, I would find someone else. To top it off they DAMAGED the tub bottom corner when they installed it!

So we had to hang up shower curtains on the wall to take showers... Not to mention the "old tile" is something that is not used any more, the tile itself OR the way it is installed. In the old days they installed it like stucco, threw mud on the wall with a metal lathe and then tiled it... The metal lathe is extremely dangerous and sharp and posed a hazard to any of us so we had to be careful.

So I finally get a tile guy to come out and he pulled out the old tile around the tub.

but in the process HE damaged the tub even more. He said he wanted a receipt to return the tub and he would get me a new one and install it. I was very skeptical... So I did it and it worked, but he did not return the same day... We thought maybe he would go AWOL on us so on this day we were limited to baths with no more than 2 inches of water in the tub because of the damage.

He also found TERMITE damage on the 2X4's, but luckily it was very old and there was no active colony. We have our house sprayed every year and there was really no way to find how old the damage was (and I have been in the attic recently and have looked for termite damage, luckily there wasn't any that I saw anywhere else and the damage cannot be seen in the photo). It was only one board and not even the whole board but enough to scare us....

He came the next morning, took the tub out and replaced it with a new one. My wife said he worked ALL day with no lunch break and completed the project, replaced the 2X4's and didn't charge me to put in the new tub. He tiled all day and finished. Here is the end result.

but still -- the story doesn't end there... When my youngest daughter was taking a bath the water leaked out at the drain. We thought it was the stopper so I bought a new one.... STILL leaked! Where was the water going?!? Probably under the tub onto the floor! Upon further investigation I saw it was leaking out around the drain, not the stopper. I went on line (thank God for YouTube) and found out how to replace a drain. Turns out he didn't use enough plumbers putty around the drain to seal it off. Since i didn't have any putty I screwed up the drain and put shower silicone underneath it and screwed it back down. Then I put some more around the top of the drain. Luckily it dries in 3 hours but i let it sit over night. 24 hours later at bath time I am happy to report no leaks. Someone from work recommended I look under it and see if there was any water. About 2-3 years ago we had some plumbing work done and luckily in the bathroom closet (which is located on the left of this picture, behind the spicket) is a small access door to the plumbing. My friend recommended looking for water and if I didn't see any to spray bleach around the area to control any mildew that might form later. So I popped off the door, saw no water and sprayed bleach in the area. 

So this was the "thorn in my side" for over a month that caused an extreme amount of stress to me, my wife and two daughters. So again I thank you for your prayers. I know there are better things to pray about with sickness and such but this is something that had a huge impact on all of us. I really couldn't afford to have this done, but all said and done it NEEDED to be done (you homeowners understand). We are quite happy with the end results.

We have had similar issues in the past with other "handy men" in the past. They are terrible in this town from tree guys, roofers, carpet companies, plumbers, AC men, etc. None of them EVER show up when they say they will and it takes weeks sometimes before they ever show up. I asked my next door neighbor about it and she said everyone in this town is that way, they are lazy and never show up and hardly ever return to fix anything they install when something goes wrong. 

I'm just glad it is over.
Amen
Back to top Go down
Xid

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:17 pm

Glad it all ended well!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 2940

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:51 pm

Glad it eventually had a happy ending. You'll have fun getting the drain out again if you used silicone. I imagine you hope it's someone else's problem by then. Razz

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:48 pm

I'm happy it's over now.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:58 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Glad it eventually had a happy ending. You'll have fun getting the drain out again if you used silicone. I imagine you hope it's someone else's problem by then. Razz

I hope I don't need to remove it! The last drain lasted 50 years so I hope this one lasts just as long. I know silicone can be tough to remove once it is installed but I thought it would hold better than caulk, which tends to crack over time but is much easier to remove.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 2940

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Properly applied plumbers putty should not crack and last forever.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:33 am

And I think he just didn't use enough as it was seeping out one small side. All I had on hand was shower silicone. Hope to NEVER touch it again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers please   

Back to top Go down

Prayers please
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1