Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Equalizer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

The Equalizer Empty
PostSubject: The Equalizer   The Equalizer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 8:25 am

I am finding that as I get older I care less and less for violent movies.  However, I really want to see this one.

http://www.equalizerthemovie.com/
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

The Equalizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Equalizer   The Equalizer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 10:30 am

I rarely go to the theater, but I think I'll pay to see that one.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

The Equalizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Equalizer   The Equalizer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 10:51 am

Meh, it looks like every other Denzel movie to me...
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

The Equalizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Equalizer   The Equalizer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 2:38 pm

Most of his other movies are good, you...you...movie snob!  Tongue
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

The Equalizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Equalizer   The Equalizer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Hahahaha I will never deny that I'm a movie snob!  Twisted Evil   I dunno, I never really cared for him much.  I think because he always plays the same exact role and for whatever reason I just don't like that role.  He's not a bad actor though.  I did like him in Training Day (yay for something different!).
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

The Equalizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Equalizer   The Equalizer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 3:04 pm

This particular trailer reminded me of Taken.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

The Equalizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Equalizer   The Equalizer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 4:21 pm

kerrick wrote:
Hahahaha I will never deny that I'm a movie snob!  Twisted Evil   I dunno, I never really cared for him much.  I think because he always plays the same exact role and for whatever reason I just don't like that role.  He's not a bad actor though.  I did like him in Training Day (yay for something different!).

See, the only other movie I've seen him in with a similar role is Man on Fire.  And I guess I like the "just leave me alone ... OK, now you've ticked me off" type of movies.  And you're wrong ... his role in Glory was very different! Smile
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

The Equalizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Equalizer   The Equalizer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 4:38 pm

I dunno, he seems to always play the super-smart, competent, confident, often fast-talking, champ who kicks butt and takes names but has a big heart.  I'm thinking of movies like Man On Fire, Deja Vu, John Q, Inside Man, Fallen, The Book Of Eli, Unstoppable, The Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3, etc.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

The Equalizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Equalizer   The Equalizer I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 2:03 pm

As I enjoyed the original TV series,I may check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Equalizer

Back to top Go down
BearDad

The Equalizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Equalizer   The Equalizer I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 2:21 pm

^^ Me too. I was wondering if it was at all related. Sure seemed to be ... ex "agency" man helping the helpless. The only thing is in the TV show he actually did it as a service, sort-of a one-man A Team (with more class!), while in the movie it looks like he does it on his own without being asked.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

The Equalizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Equalizer   The Equalizer I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 2:24 pm

kerrick wrote:
I dunno, he seems to always play the super-smart, competent, confident, often fast-talking, champ who kicks butt and takes names but has a big heart.  I'm thinking of movies like Man On Fire, Deja Vu, John Q, Inside Man, Fallen, The Book Of Eli, Unstoppable, The Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3, etc.

I forgot about those last three. I understand what you are saying, but that's the kind of roles he likes apparently. For some actors that's all we expect from them I suppose. It's just another Hollywood shortcoming ... it seems no-one can write a completely original script anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Equalizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Equalizer   The Equalizer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Equalizer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: