Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

User Rankings?

Go down 
+6
Xid
rockerVu2
BearDad
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
kerrick
10 posters

Should we have member rankings?
Yes, that'd be fun!
User Rankings? I_vote_lcap21%User Rankings? I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
No, that's a silly idea.
User Rankings? I_vote_lcap50%User Rankings? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
Meh, I don't care.
User Rankings? I_vote_lcap29%User Rankings? I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:30 pm

So whaddya guys and gals think?  I just implemented user rankings (based on post count) on CMR on a scale of one to five stars.  I dunno, I think it's kinda fun!  Would y'all be interested in doing that here too?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 11:07 pm

Define what you mean a little more for those of us who are slow of mind.

So what you're saying is Alldat, for example, would have a 5 star rating due to his massive number of posts, and I guess I'd be somewhere around a 3 maybe.. ?

Only bummer about this is, we'd all have MORE post counts had CHM not been a victim back in '07 (was it?) and had to move from one site to this niceboard site... so some of us had more posts than we do now, but they were erased.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 6:26 am

I'm gonna vote no as that's a lot of work for me.  I know--I'm a killjoy.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 7:39 am

I really don't care but I voted "no" because I think it is an unnecessary "fluff", like colored sugar flakes on frosted sugar cookies.

I for sure don't want what CMR has, with the "holy unblack knight" stuff. That's fine over there as it's more of the metal mindset, but here it should be more traditional. IF it's turned on that is.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 7:40 am

My vote was no.

It's not the meaning to rank the CMH family on their posts.
Some post more, others less.
It's not a competion.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 9:22 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
It's not a competion.

What?  Since when?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 10:55 am

Ok, well it's pretty unanimous then!  G/F, yes you're correct, that's what it'd be.

Alldat, it took me about three minutes to set it up on CMR.  The hardest part was coming up with the names, but I had received some input from other folks.  Ok then, no ranks here, that's fine!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 11:42 am

I shall be defiant . . . YES, IT'S A GREAT IDEA!!!

Down with the nay-sayers geek
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 3:49 pm

I dislike them myself because they seem to encourage a certain group of people to make a substantial number of incredibly stoopid posts just in an effort to change their ranking.
I might be talked into it if the rankings were increasing insulting the more posts you had...but that seems a little to "negative" for our type of community.

0-100 posts - Blessed Member
101-500 post - Mildly Annoying
501 - 1000 posts - Time Waster
1001-2000 posts - Has No Life 
2001-3000 posts - Master's Thesis Student
3001+ - Social Pariah

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 8:46 pm

Staybrite wrote:

3001+ - Social Pariah

If I had my own forum. Or all of them would say time waster except the admins. Theirs would say no life.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Really I don't care if there are rankings or not. Do whatever.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 7:52 am

I don't like it the CHM users are ranked on how much they post.
Some have lots to reply, others don't reply so much.

I agree with what Staybrite has written.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I dislike them myself because they seem to encourage a certain group of people to make a substantial number of incredibly stoopid posts just in an effort to change their ranking.
I might be talked into it if the rankings were increasing insulting the more posts you had...but that seems a little to "negative" for our type of community.

3001+ - Social Pariah

I would be a time waster. I think that describes my life pretty well.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Staybrite wrote:

3001+ - Social Pariah

Can we add:  10,000+  - Idiot Savante?  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Oh, by the way, Staybrite, my prediction has finally come to pass.  You have finally usurped me with your post count.  I can no longer call you "Grasshoppah".

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Staybrite is our 5 star super poster now.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 12:16 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Oh, by the way, Staybrite, my prediction has finally come to pass.  You have finally usurped me with your post count.  I can no longer call you "Grasshoppah".
Oh no....didn't do it on porpoise.  Should we relocate the board again and set everyone back to zero?  Laughing

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 2:52 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Oh no....didn't do it on porpoise.  Should we relocate the board again and set everyone back to zero?  Laughing

Not until I surpass you both! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 6:26 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

No, I could just do things the easy way and delete your account and make you sign back up.  lol!

I don't mind that you passed me up.  I just predicted that it would.  You may now refer to me as the Prophet Phullofcraptis!

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 7:32 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

No, I could just do things the easy way and delete your account and make you sign back up.  lol!

I don't mind that you passed me up.  I just predicted that it would.  You may now refer to me as the Prophet Phullofcraptis!

Are you at all related to the famous seer Donojackus?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 8:57 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Now if you could use those powers for good instead of the lame or trivial. lol!

Admin
alldatndensum

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 4:43 pm

But lame, trivial, and sarcastic are what I do best!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 6:38 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
But lame, trivial, and sarcastic are what I do best!

Me too brother, maybe that's why we are here.  Laughing

User Rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Rankings?   User Rankings? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

User Rankings?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: