Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SCORE!!!

Go down 
+2
MikeInFla
BearDad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 2:15 pm

cheers 

I have been looking for a CD player and a "new" tape deck. These were used in a garage, so I'm not sure they're what I want, esp. the tape deck, but the speakers themselves must be worth more than the $50 I'm paying!

SCORE!!! Stereo
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Cleaned up I bet it all works good! Just try some old tapes first to make sure!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Now you just need an reel to reel and you can party like it's 1984!!!! (well except for the cd player)

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 2:44 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Now you just need an reel to reel and you can party like it's 1984!!!! (well except for the cd player)

Actually, I still need a turn table. I have been itching to play and record some "new" vinyl I've bought, but my TT is tot.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 4:02 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Actually, I still need a turn table. I have been itching to play and record some "new" vinyl I've bought, but my TT is tot.

I have an Audio Technica LP120USB. Excellent turn table!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Very nice ! Thumbs Up

This is my Media-Center:

SCORE!!! Media_12

Turntable, Dual Cassette deck, CD-R recorder deck, Amp, and on the very bottom- an 8-track player/amp.  When I retire, I'll probably spend most my time in front of this stack. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BearDad

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 11:52 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Good TT from what I've read, but pretty price at $250+. I've been eyeing it's little brother the LP60USB; it's only $100. Whatever I get it needs to be switchable; I don't anything about this receiver, so I don't know if the TT needs a pre-amp or not.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 12:11 am

It all cleaned up nice and purty and evertying sounds great. CD's play

cheers
and tapes play

cheers 

and the receiver has switched plugs in the back ---everything plugs into it for a single power button 

Way Cool

I don't know if tapes drag or not, but this tape deck is MILES ahead of my old one! Digital controls (meaning the play button is not a mechanical button that moves the play head into place!) and the recording is electronic ... it records from what is playing not via a separate record head! That means either side can record. Of course, I'm not going to record anything to tape (can you even buy blank tapes anymore!  scratch ) but it is still cool.

The CD player is a 5-cd changer. I've always been a bit leery of those as I had a buddy that had one many years ago and it scratched his CD.  I guess we'll see.

The speakers are good. They're not Bose or anything fancy, just your standard 3-way speakers -- woofer, mid-range, and tweeter. I hooked them up to verify they work, buy my real intention is to hook them up to our theater system. I have another set of speakers, KLHs that used to belong to a buddy of mine, with some MASSIVE subs in them! I am hoping to have a booming Superbowl party this year! 

So here's what I got for my $50. it's a Kenwood system, and while they are separate components they were obviously designed to be sold together. 

KT-591 Quartz Synthesizer AM/FM Stereo Tuner - found some on eBay for $15 - $30
KX-W891 Stereo Double Cassette Deck - found some on eBay for $55 -  $89
DP-R891 Mulitple Compact Disc Player (5 disc tray) - found some on eBay for $60 - $65
KA-891 Stereo Integrated Amplifier - could not find any anywhere
JL-901 3-Way Floor Speakers - found a pair on eBay for $90

So assuming the prices people are asking for on eBay are fair and that the items sell, I paid $50 for a system worth between $220 and $275, and that's not counting the amplifier.  Not too shabby a deal! Very Happy is it a GREAT system? No, particularly not by today's standards. Is it better than what I had. Oh yeah. And here's the best part ... from what I can tell it's from 1991!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 12:34 am

Nice deal ! Double nice that everything works ! Way to go man Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 12:45 am

That's an awesome score!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 9:26 am

BearDad wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Good TT from what I've read, but pretty price at $250+. I've been eyeing it's little brother the LP60USB; it's only $100. Whatever I get it needs to be switchable; I don't anything about this receiver, so I don't know if the TT needs a pre-amp or not.

The LP60 is one of the best out there for the price. Stay away from anything with the name "Crosley" on it. The only downside to the AT-LP60 is that you cannot change the stylus, it is permanently mounted. But a friend has one and loves it. In fact, I almost bought it but decided on the LP120 instead. I think I paid 239 for it from zzounds, which offers zero financing on it for 60 bucks a month. 

The LP60 (and 120) both come with an internal pre-amp for use with AUX hookups. It also comes with a preamp BYPASS so you can turn it off and hook up to a PHONO switch. It will do all you need it to do!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 6:22 am

My mother-in-law has a Crosley and loves it.  Of course, she likes music but she is not a serious audiophile.  It serves her purpose of being able to listen to her old cassettes, CDs, and old LPs.  I should use her Crosley to burn a couple of cassettes to CD.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

SCORE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCORE!!!   SCORE!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCORE!!!
Page 1 of 1