For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Situation at work

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18088
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Situation at work   Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:14 pm

I have some personal issues at school with a possible new assignment that I am about to be forced into.  This situation is terrible and I don't want the job.  I have sent an email to the principal voicing my concerns about the position.  This could lead to other considerations about the situation (I wish I could say more) or my possible dismissal.  Please pray that God will take this and make this out to be a positive conclusion.  I love working with my special needs kids, but I need to stand up for myself and not be forced into a situation that would be depressing and possibly even dangerous.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Number of posts : 3196
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:51 pm

You got it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18176
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:58 am

Sad news, praying for you brother.

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:06 am

Praying.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:31 am

Keep praying!  Things got crazy yesterday and it looked like a few of us could either lose our jobs or quit in frustration.  However, while things were at their craziest, we had something happen that now has the county rushing for a real solution.  So, I am definitely interested in seeing what they pull together.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14634
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:48 am

Praying for this situation.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Well, the county has i's collective head up its own rear end.  As it stands, I will probably be forced to become the private aid (aka babysitter) of a very violent autistic student.  For whatever reason, the county seems unable/unwilling to come up with any solutions that might actually help this young man without staff people getting hurt.  I am sporting some serious bruises on my arm from an outburst from last week that started with the student throwing and breaking things in the classroom before attacking me.  My training kicked in and I was able to stop the physical attack long enough for the school vice-principals and SR officers to help keep him down until his dad arrived to take him home.  He attacked a wheel chair bound student days ago.  So, the solution?  Put a personal aid with him in a walk-in closet sized room alone for 7.5 hours.  Ludicrous!  That's like putting the circus elephant poop scooper into the tiger cage for a show even though they've not been fed in days and the trainer is out with the flu.  Something is bound to happen.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:56 am

I would  request an additional staff to be there to witness any incidents that may occur, as well as your own safety.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Oh man that's not cool at all.  Can you possibly transfer to another school or something, I can totally understand you not wanting to be exposed to that on a full-time basis.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Right now, they have put two people in the room with this kid.  The principle has agreed that this will be short term thing and that it is too much to ask.  She is trying hard to get this student removed from the school and into a program more suited for his disabilities.  I hope that can happen as all the staff in the special needs dept. is super stressed out.  There is some power struggles between teachers and one of those is the teacher I work for.   However, in those issues, I am beginning to agree with a teacher that I don't work for.  Man, this just gets harder.

Thankfully, we have one more day before we go on fall break for two weeks.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:11 am

That's something to pray for that there comes a place for this boy at an other school or so.
I can imagine the atmosphere at school is very stressed due the situation with the teachers and the autistic boy.
What a problems at school last weeks.
Yes, a two week break is what you need.
Hopefully the situation will change after the break.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:35 pm

Still praying for a favorable solution to a difficult situation.

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:37 pm

How is the situation at school after the Fall break?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:09 am

No change.  The student is currently out due to sickness, so no decisions are being made at this time.  We are all in a "hurry up and wait" mode.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:51 am

Hope that will change soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Situation at work   

Back to top Go down

Situation at work