Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strange song listing...

Go down 
+5
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Strange song listing... Empty
PostSubject: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 10:44 am

Why would a cd, ONE cd list their songs as SIDE 1 and SIDE 2 ? Maybe they only intended to release it on cassette ?

Strange song listing... Detrit10
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 11:22 am

When CDs first came out, this was not unusual.  People still thought of an album with two sides from the old LP and cassette formats.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 12:57 pm

Artistic license.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 2:58 pm

If it was something released on vinyl, they would often just use the same album art for both the vinyl record and the cd.  It it was a cd only maybe it was just meant to be nostalgic.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Quite interesting... indeed
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 5:28 pm

True reason: Well, you see what happened was....
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 8:02 am

trogdawn wrote:
Autistic license.

FIXED that for you.  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 8:24 am

lol! 

Yes, I know LPs had side one and side two.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:16 am

Detritus, eh? Yep, it was released on cassette.  Not sure about vinyl though.  But they probably just copied the listing from the cassette as-is.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:29 pm

Question about tapes… The time limit per side was usually accepted as 45 minutes (x2 = 90 per tape). However, most albums were about 40 minutes long, give or take, due to the limitations of vinyl, so tapes were pressed with Side A and Side B, each side as long as the vinyl side, so about 20 minutes. But (and this is what the question actually is Laughing) did bands ever do double albums where they put one full 40-minute album on each side? I know people who taped from vinyl often did that - my dad, for instance, has several home-recorded tapes with one vinyl album on each side.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 12:23 am

Seemed a lot of cassette releases back in the day were custom made. Short albums simply had less tape. However, there were some tapes I remember getting to the end of side one and waiting forever for it to get to the end to auto-reverse to side 2. I'd end up FFWing all the silence to get to side 2.

Another thing I experienced in my mega collection of tapes back in the day was an entire album's content on both sides. ie Songs 1 thru 10 were all on side 1, then flip to side 2 and the same 10 songs were on side 2. Had a few like that.

Andre, have you looked at Brent's tapes for sale ? I've been buying from Brent for years now, and I noticed he has a ton of tapes -GOOD titles too - for a mere 2 bucks each. Check him out... and please tell him Jim Willis sent you  Smile
http://brentschristianrockmetal.com/
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Thanks for the link, but my mother would never let me buy tapes online… only either buy tapes for cheap in thrift/pawn shops, or receive them for free (plus shipping).
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 6:19 am

Driven wrote:
Question about tapes… The time limit per side was usually accepted as 45 minutes (x2 = 90 per tape). However, most albums were about 40 minutes long, give or take, due to the limitations of vinyl, so tapes were pressed with Side A and Side B, each side as long as the vinyl side, so about 20 minutes. But (and this is what the question actually is Laughing) did bands ever do double albums where they put one full 40-minute album on each side? I know people who taped from vinyl often did that - my dad, for instance, has several home-recorded tapes with one vinyl album on each side.

not sure, I think vinyl is limited to around 23 minutes on each side. I have several double LP's and have gotten most of them to fit on an 80 minute CD. The most recent vinyl rip I made was Rare Earth In Concert and it JUST fit on the disc with about 30 seconds of free space left. I know one side has a 24 minute version of "Get Ready". And Led Zep's Song Remains The Same has a 26 minute version of "Dazed and Confused" on side 2 of the album.
Back to top Go down
Livna

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 12:30 pm

I remember putting one of those newfangled CDs on my turntable. I dropped the needle on it and I'll I hear was scratchy noise. No music at all and I'm like gee willikers I don't understand what all the hoopla is over these compact discs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Livna wrote:
I remember putting one of those newfangled CDs on my turntable. I dropped the needle on it and I'll I hear was scratchy noise. No music at all and I'm like gee willikers I don't understand what all the hoopla is over these compact discs.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked                                         ROTFL

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 9:35 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange song listing...   Strange song listing... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange song listing...
Page 1 of 1