Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21

Go down 
+6
metaldude
Xid
Samson
Driven
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 3:08 pm

Ok with as far apart as I am posting these installments I'm in danger of having to call this the "Dumb Kwestion of the Quarter" or even "Dumb Kwestion of the Year".  So if anyone is still interested I have another "questionable query" for you to lament over!  This one will really make some of you stretch that grey matter you call a brain (or maybe not).

What is your earliest memory?

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 3:36 pm

In a house with 2 older brothers (and a Dad who encouraged them Rolling Eyes  ) - my earliest memory would have to be my oldest brother holding me upside-down by the ankles, flushing the toilet and, holding my head just an inch above the water, lowering me slowly yelling "YOU'RE GOING DOWN, YOU'RE GOING DOWN !!!!"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
In a house with 2 older brothers (and a Dad who encouraged them Rolling Eyes  ) - my earliest memory would have to be my oldest brother holding me upside-down by the ankles, flushing the toilet and, holding my head just an inch above the water, lowering me slowly yelling "YOU'RE GOING DOWN, YOU'RE GOING DOWN !!!!"

Once again you (the collective you) with siblings have made me very happy I grew up as an only child!

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 4:27 pm

ahhh, that is but ONE story of many my friend. I had to develop some thick skin at a young age... but looking back, I wouldn't have changed a thing. We 3 brothers have the best of relationship, and can look back and laugh at all they did to pick on me. (when I got a little older, I learned how to play the "unfairly treated youngest child" card... hahahaaaa suckers !!)
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 9:38 pm

I can't figure out what my earliest memory was. Might be my house, might be the principal's office at my elementary school.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Driven wrote:
I can't figure out what my earliest memory was. Might be my house, might be the principal's office at my elementary school.

Getting sent to the principal's office at a young age I see.  You were trouble from the start!

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Being born

No, I'm not joking, or being sarcastic. I seriously remember my birth.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Samson wrote:
Being born

No, I'm not joking, or being sarcastic. I seriously remember my birth.

You are not the first person I have heard say that, and it always surprises me.  I'm certainly not saying you are wrong....but I barely being able to remember stuff from when I was 5...let alone anything remotely from my first few years.

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:24 am

My earliest memories are from 3 to 5 and I'm not sure where they start.  I can't trace to my earliest memory as they all blur together and I have no idea the order of occurrence.  Everything from my dad digging up the septic system, Christmas Tree hunting, the old Ford being hauled away, playing war and getting hit in the eye with a stick, stepping in dog poop with bare feet, my brother using me for a measuring stick to find the depth of the hole he dug and the list goes on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:30 am

I remember getting in trouble for dumping a bushel of pears off the back porch. My grandmother made me pick them up. I was about 3. I, to this day,  haven't eaten another pear.
Back to top Go down
Livna

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 1:57 pm

Looking in a mirror and recognizing my own face and hearing my mom saying my name Henry
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:13 pm

metaldude wrote:
I remember getting in trouble for dumping a bushel of pears off the back porch. My grandmother made me pick them up. I was about 3. I, to this day,  haven't eaten another pear.

That's kind of a cool memory, even if it did spoil pears for you.

Livna wrote:
Looking in a mirror and recognizing my own face and hearing my mom saying my name Henry

How old do you think you were?

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:15 pm

I was relatively young but at least 3 (maybe 4) and I remember being at the apartment of a couple of my parent's friends and they had some newborn puppies (or possibly kittens).  I was just mesmerized by them and remember being very concerned about their eyes not being open.

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:22 pm

I think I was maybe 3
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:35 pm

I was around 3 and there is a family picture that was taken with my brother (sabidoo) and our older sister.  I was standing up where I had ridden up on my Big Wheel.  Our family dog, a German Shepard named Cindy, was running around the yard with us and ended up in the picture.  I can remember Mama and Daddy taking the picture and a couple of the day's events. I especially remember riding that Big Wheel.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:00 pm

Big Wheel's ruled!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:17 pm

Xid wrote:
... stepping in dog poop with bare feet....

There is a pleasent early memory! ROTFL

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 6:56 am

I was probably three.  My parents were divorced and Mom worked as a keypunch operator at DuPont.  She had to work late one evening so she ordered pizza for dinner.  We had just sat down to eat, she had put a slice of pizza on each of our plates, when my grandmother called.  She answered the phone and talked for what had to have been a very long time because I ate my piece and helped myself to another.  And another.  And another.  By the time she came back, I had eaten the whole pizza except for the slice that was on her plate.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 8:37 am

messiaen77 wrote:
I was probably three.  My parents were divorced and Mom worked as a keypunch operator at DuPont.  She had to work late one evening so she ordered pizza for dinner.  We had just sat down to eat, she had put a slice of pizza on each of our plates, when my grandmother called.  She answered the phone and talked for what had to have been a very long time because I ate my piece and helped myself to another.  And another.  And another.  By the time she came back, I had eaten the whole pizza except for the slice that was on her plate.

A little bit hungy, eh? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 9:01 am

Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'm still scarred by that experience.  It's probably why I have an aversion and an instant gag reflex to odors that be stinky.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 10:28 am

I remember another one... very faintly though - my Mom worked at some huge office as a secretary and I'd go with her sometimes cuz no one could watch me (or maybe no one WANTED to watch me), but there was this Tea and Coffee cart she'd let me make my own tea when I'd bug her that I was thirsty. I must've been about 3 or 4 - I remember pouring so much sugar in the tea that you could SEE it settling on the bottom of the cup.

That began my sugar addiction at a very young age Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 2:37 pm

Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'm still scarred by that experience.  It's probably why I have an aversion and an instant gag reflex to odors that be stinky.

I can imagine. Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 Bleh

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 2:39 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I remember another one... very faintly though - my Mom worked at some huge office as a secretary and I'd go with her sometimes cuz no one could watch me (or maybe no one WANTED to watch me).....

When I was around 5 or 6 my mom would get stuck taking me to work with her on occasion.  She was a bartender.  (this was in the early 70's and people kind of looked the other way about a kid being in a neighborhood bar).  I remember one of the regular customers would spend about an hour on the pinball machine and rack up about 20 free games for me then let me play them all for the next several hours.....good memory.

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 2:40 pm

When he was a young boy, he played the silver ball...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Xid wrote:
When he was a young boy, he played the silver ball...

Thankfully I wasn't also deaf, dumb, and blind.

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21   Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion of the Month #21
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: