Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

There's a girl!

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
BearDad
kerrick
Livna
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Livna

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:19 pm

There's this girl that I've been seeing for a little while. Her name is Alexis. We met at a singles group at a church. We hit it off right away. It's weird because I wasnt looking for anyone at the time. I had given up on that 10 years ago. I asked her if she wanted to go out for coffee sometime we talked about everything from our favorite sports teams, music and cooking. And yes she actually likes hard rock and metal. Oh and she's a phonominal cook, I like to bbq. We've been together for a while now. She is rock solid in her faith and really puts me to shame. My love for her grows stronger every day. In the short time we have been together we have developed a deep friendship. I've never  had these feelings for a woman before. She IS my best friend (outside my relationship with The Lord). I'm not getting any younger. I'm seriously thinking of asking Alexis to be my wife but I'm afraid to take that plunge.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Wow dude, congrats!  That is really exciting; I am stoked for you!

As for asking her to be your wife, well, that's a big plunge indeed.  How long have you known each other and been together for?  If you were 20, I'd hope that you two would have known each other for a long time.  But I think the older people get and more set in who they are, the quicker you just know that it's right.  So in your guys' case, if you're well situated (in The Lord) as individuals and as a couple - and you know you want to spend the rest of your lives together... I don't see why not?
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Run Forrest Run!!!!
Back to top Go down
Livna

Livna

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Thanks Kerrick! We've known each other a little over a year. Our relationship started out as just friends and has just grown stronger over the last few months. We have been official couple since last April. I'm in my 40's and so is she. We've both had previous relationships that ended badly. My ex wife didn't want to be married anymore. But we were young and foolish. This time I have this peace that Alexis is the one for me. It's weird but I just know she is the one.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:25 pm

Even though you haven't proposed yet, have you two even discussed the possibility of what your relationship in the future looks like?  It is a great conversation to make sure that both of you are on the same page.  It would also signal to her that you are interested in the ultimate commitment.  You can feel her out this way and still plan ahead for something romantic when you do pop the question for real.

Other than that, all I can advise you to do is proceed prayerfully.  Pray about this privately.  If you do discuss the future with her, pray about this together.  If you do decide to marry, you definitely need the Lord to help you keep it together.  My wife and I could not have made it without Him.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:09 pm

Wow, scary and exciting both at the same time!  I would say that given your age and experience it isn't beyond reason for the two of you to get married after having known each other for about a year.  In the original post you said that you were scared.  I would say you need to come to terms with why you are scared before you even get engaged.  And I also echo the advice from Alldat regarding communication with Alexis as to what your marriage would look like, and lots of prayer.  Like Alldat I have been married for a long time (27 years next month) and I will say that marriage takes a lot of work....just ask my wife.

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:12 am

I haven't been around for a while, so a belated welcome to the board.

I'm another long-timer, just celebrated 20 years with my wonderful and longsuffering wife. (I did say she has been married to ME for 20 years and we've actually been mostly together for 24.  Hey!  Today, actually!!  Sorry, I'm off track.)  I'll just say ditto to alldat and Staybrite.  If I were to guess, I'd say your fear comes from 1) having been burned in marriage before and 2) being afraid of being rejected.  The best advice is definitely to talk to her and see if you are on the same page.  She may be having the same thoughts and feelings as you, right down to the fear.  Communication helps to drive fear away.
Back to top Go down
Livna

Livna

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 10:33 am

Thanks guys for your kind words of encouragement. btw this is a real cool forum you guys seem real down to earth. So yes last month Alexis and I had that DTR talk. If you've read the book Not A Fan by Kyle Idleman it stands for Define The Relationship. We both are on the same page of where we want the relationship to go. I guess the reason I'm a little scared is because it's happened so fast. But then again at age 43 I'm not getting any younger. Anyway I have an appointment with one of the pastors at my church today. I'm gonna get some guidance and/or confirmation if they think we are ready. But like I said I just have this feeling of peace about this. Next I'll have to decide how I'm going to ask her. I need to find the right moment and right place.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 10:46 am

Wow, that's exciting news.
I can imagine that's scary for her to propose her.
Ask God if your plans are His plans too.
For such a very important decision it's very wise if your plansare the plans of God too.
I can't imagine how it was to marry and do it without God.
Back to top Go down
Livna

Livna

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement. I got some great advice from some very close friends along with my pastor. I think I know what I'm gonna do.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 5:28 pm

That's good.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:12 pm

Keep us posted!

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:24 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Keep us posted!

Yes, please.
Back to top Go down
Livna

Livna

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Will do!  She said she was bummed that we have nothing planned for Halloween
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Well better plan something!  Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

There's a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a girl!   There's a girl! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There's a girl!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: