Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Friday

Go down 
+3
drumdude
rockerVu2
Staybrite
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 12:48 pm

I get a kick out of this day "Black Friday" it sounds like the anniversary of some tragic event.
Well maybe that isn't too far off base. Check out this entry from wikipedia. And no, I will NOT be shopping today.

Quote :

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving in the United States, where it is the beginning of the traditional Christmas shopping season. Since Thanksgiving falls on the fourth Thursday in November in the United States, Black Friday may be as early as the 23rd and as late as the 29th of November. Black Friday is not an official holiday, but many employers give the day off, allowing consumers to get a head start on their Christmas shopping. Retailers often decorate for the Christmas season weeks beforehand. Many retailers open very early (typically 5am) and offer doorbuster deals and loss leaders to draw people to their stores. Although Black Friday, as the first shopping day after Thanksgiving, has served as the unofficial beginning of the Christmas season at least since the start of the modern Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1924, the term "Black Friday" has been traced back only to the 1970s. "Black Friday" was originally so named because of the heavy traffic on that day, although most contemporary uses of the term refer instead to it as the beginning of the period in which retailers are in the black (i.e., turning a profit).

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 4:13 pm

Ahhh now I got it why it's so quiet here in CHM.
You all are doing your shoppings for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 7:11 pm

im not ive been home all day
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 8:49 pm

WE left out about 10 this morning and just got home about 7 PM. We hit a lot of stores, but we didn't really buy a lot. Most of my Christmas shopping is for my wife, and it's really hard to shop for her with her with me!

For most of my Christmas shopping, I'm doing that online and having the stuff shipped to the house. No crowds, no long lines, no screaming children!!! OK, you don't get some of the sales, but there are plenty of websites offering promo codes for your favorite online stores.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 9:04 pm

I don't go shopping on Black Friday.

I was drywalling ("mudding") a couple rooms at the church today.

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 2:53 am

I worked all day today. We do all our Christmas shopping online and avoid all the freaks.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:12 am

apologetixfreak wrote:
I worked all day today. We do all our Christmas shopping online and avoid all the freaks.

WAIT JUST ONE MINUTE....I resemble that remark. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 9:34 am

Shopping from 10 am till 7 pm?
Ohhhhhhh I am glad I don't have to do that.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 10:54 am

We didn't have to. We just did. You spend a lot of time waiting in lines to check out, driving from store to store, searching for decent parking spaces, etc. There is a lot more waiting than shopping to be done.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 11:27 am

Quote :
I resemble that remark.

Me and my 2 brothers have been saying that exact line since the 70s when we sat around watching the 3 stooges and Curly said that line. We were die-hard Stooge fans and got all episodes pretty much memorized.
Geniuses before their time.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 1:55 pm

It takes more time to find the store to buy what you need.
Hummmmm parking, that's a big problem here too.
Here it's very busy in the store the weekend and the week before we celebrate Sinterklaas.
The stores are open till 9 pm then
Before Christmas it's busy in the stores too.
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 7:36 pm

My sister went, she said that there was people in line to get in some of the stores at 4:30. She said it was crazy but she loved it Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 10:56 pm

Some of those people camped out overnight. People are just nuts when it comes to these sales.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Friday
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: