Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Star Wars movie

Go down 
+10
Driven
messiaen77
Hardkore
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
BearDad
Staybrite
Livna
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Livna

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

New Star Wars movie Empty
PostSubject: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 5:18 pm

And now for a nerdy topic! I'm a total Star Wars geek. I love everything about that whole saga even with poor acting by the likes of Hayden Christensen and Mark Hammil. But now with Disney buying the rights to the movie I'm skeptical of how it's gonna be. Will it be true to the true storyline or will it become your typical Disney rubbish? What's your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:10 pm

I'm a bit skeptical as well, but Disney has made some edgier and darker films than their usual animated and family fair (remember the National Treasure movies? they were Disney).  So I think Disney can produce a decent film....but you never know until you see it.

What do you think of the animated stuff?  I've only seen some of the Clone Wars episodes, and thought they were pretty decent.

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 8:01 pm

I liked them but I thought some of the acting was cheesy
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 10:21 pm

There will be a stable hand that hears about a beautiful princess being held captive by a dark sorcerer.  He'll hook up with an old wizard, and together, along with some non-human friends, they'll hire some pirates to help them rescue her. Tragically, the dark sorcerer will kill the kind, old wizard, but the stable hand and his pirate band will successfully rescue the princess.  After learning that he has a natural ability to wield magic, the stable hand will seek out another wise old wizard to teach him white magic so that he can defeat the dark sorcerer, and during his training he will learn he and the princess are actually siblings. What is more, during a battle with the dark sorcerer, the young stable hand, now a white wizard, will learn that his opponent his actually his father. As the story continues there will be many battles between the armies of the father and the white wizard and his friends, most of whom aren't human and don't even speak the same language. As the war rages on it is revealed that the dark sorcerer isn't the most evil one, that he himself actually answers to an even more powerful dark wizard, and during a battle between the young white wizard and this extremely evil and all-powerful god-like sorcerer, the stable hand's father will see the error of his ways and turn on his evil master, helping the young wizard defeat him, but sadly dying in the process.

Yep. Sounds like a Disney movie.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 7:16 am

I am looking forward to more Star Wars. I don't care if they are bad I will love them anyway!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 4:19 pm

Hayden Christiansen was horrid!  The rest of the cast was really good.  I like how the prequels were a bit more of a political thriller than just a sci-fi movie.

I think that Disney will nail the new one.  Look at the cool stuff they've done since buying Marvel Studios.  They want this franchise to succeed to sell tickets, merchandise, bring people to Disneyworld's Hollywood Studios to ride Star Tours, etc.  Disney will make sure that this is one amazing thrill ride.  They know what the fans expect, and I look for them to deliver.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 3:46 am

Aha, I love Star Wars too.  I actually thought The Phantom Menace was a very good movie and fitted well with original three.  Unfortunately due to pressure from the fans George decided to take the movies on a darker journey, ending on the third one being too dark for young kids to watch.  Shame, 'cause it's a good movie.  Attack Of The Clones was okay, but the acting was SOOOO bad, and Hayden was almost unwatchable that I find it embarrassing to watch.

As for Disney, I think they will do an okay job, but let's face it, none of the Star Wars movies are brilliant.  My favourite is The Empires Strikes Back, but there are countless problems with it.  

I'll be watching the new ones and enjoying them, but I'm not holding out for 'the greatest movie of all time.'

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 11:58 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Hayden Christiansen was horrid! 

Fundy wrote:
Hayden was almost unwatchable that I find it embarrassing to watch.

I certainly won't argue with any of that.  Probably the worst casting in the entire film franchise.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 1:45 pm

I, too am looking forward to it, good or bad... it's star wars. I see them as a favorite TV series: Some episodes are great, some are weak.

My only regret is, I didn't hang onto my complete collection of original SW trading cards for all three early movies and all the action figures. Sold them all when I was 17 for 40 measly bucks. Now I wish I still had them. Could've given them to my grandkids.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Also looking forward to the Star Wars. I can remember going to the theater and seeing episode 4 : A New Hope when it first came out. I was hooked from that day.

Plus Disney also did John Carter(of Mars). For what it was, I really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 8:34 am

John Carter was fun!  What it needed was a better title to sell it.  With the title, it really was doomed to fail even if it was the greatest sci-fi flick ever (which is wasn't because it isn't part of the Star TREK) series).

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 11:01 am

Hardkore wrote:
Also looking forward to the Star Wars. I can remember going to the theater and seeing episode 4 : A New Hope when it first came out. I was hooked from that day.

Plus Disney also did John Carter(of Mars). For what it was, I really enjoyed it.

I saved all my figures and playsets and my son played with them. He was young when Phantom Menace was released and it was as much fun watching him play with my old stuff as it was for me to play with it when I was a kid. I don't know where they are now, he probably still has a lot of it.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I'm a bit skeptical as well, but Disney has made some edgier and darker films than their usual animated and family fair (remember the National Treasure movies? they were Disney).  So I think Disney can produce a decent film....but you never know until you see it.

What do you think of the animated stuff?  I've only seen some of the Clone Wars episodes, and thought they were pretty decent.
I'm enjoying the new one, Rebels, so far.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 12:33 pm

Fundy wrote:
Aha, I love Star Wars too.  I actually thought The Phantom Menace was a very good movie and fitted well with original three.  Unfortunately due to pressure from the fans George decided to take the movies on a darker journey, ending on the third one being too dark for young kids to watch.  Shame, 'cause it's a good movie.  Attack Of The Clones was okay, but the acting was SOOOO bad, and Hayden was almost unwatchable that I find it embarrassing to watch.

As for Disney, I think they will do an okay job, but let's face it, none of the Star Wars movies are brilliant.  My favourite is The Empires Strikes Back, but there are countless problems with it.  

I'll be watching the new ones and enjoying them, but I'm not holding out for 'the greatest movie of all time.'
I don't see how the prequels could not be darker than the originals since they are basically the the chronicle of Anakin's transformation from innocent slave boy to one of the great movie villains of all time.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 4:18 pm

I'd need to actually watch Star Wars first. I've only seen bits and pieces of it.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 4:36 pm

Driven wrote:
I'd need to actually watch Star Wars first. I've only seen bits and pieces of it.

WHAAAA???? affraid
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 6:40 pm

New Star Wars movie Yikes_10 Did I just read what I think I read from Driven ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 2:22 am

I always find it surprising to hear of people over the age of ten who have not seen the original Star Wars trilogy.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:35 am

I find it hard to believe, actually, when I hear this.  They've never even seen one episode?  But, then again, not everyone will watch a sci-fi flick.  One of the ladies I work with won't watch Star Wars, Star Trek, any super hero movies, etc. even though her husband loves them.  She'll make him endure countless hours of chick flicks.  She says she has never seen a full Star Wars movie.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:08 pm

My parents were never into it, and neither were most of my friends. Sorry to disappoint. Razz
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:22 pm

Well, you're not alone Driven... my family was into Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars, but not Star Trek (I just heard Alldat gasp). So we never watched Trek growing up. When the older bros moved out and I had the tube to myself, I never watched it either. Wasn't until my adult years I watched a few episodes and then just a couple of the movies. Kinda sad I missed out  Sad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:23 pm

I remember watching all of them Battle Star Galactica, Star Trek, Star Wars.  Also used to watch Space 1999 (not all that great) & Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (uber cheesy, but fun....at least in the late 70's)

Space 1999 @ IMDB

Buck Rogers @ IMDB

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 9:00 pm

I remember Buck Rogers but not the other one.  I also watched the original Battlestar Galactica.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:12 pm

I remember Duck Dodgers  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:29 pm

We watched Space 1999, Star Trek, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica (even the movie), Star Blazers and even the old Flash Gordon when it would run from time to time.  As kids we thought the models on wire with the sparkler sticking out of the back was funny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Star Wars movie   New Star Wars movie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Star Wars movie
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next