Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mix Tape (CD) game

Go down 
+7
topshot rhit
Staybrite
BearDad
Through The Dark Radio
Driven
Xid
alldatndensum
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Remember when we used to make cassette tapes from the radio of all our favorite songs?  Or, we'd make a tape of certain songs for road trips, or Halloween, or date songs, etc.?

Well, what if we did a mix CD of some of our favorite songs?  Then, we could mail them to one person (me) and they could be randomly sent to other members?  Would anyone be willing to participate?  If you wanted more than one CD sent to you, you would simply have to provide more than one mix CD yourself.  The 2nd (or however many you want to do) would have to have a totally different set of songs.   Each mix CD should be unique and be themed (favorite songs, road trip songs, Christmas, resurrection songs, etc.)  Just keep in mind that most of us love our rock/metal, so keep it leaning that way.

Who would want to play?  I'm willing and would gladly do a couple of these.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 11:15 pm

Interesting idea.  There are 2 mix tapes I remember making.  I named them Strata Various and From Angelica to Zaffiro.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 7:49 am

Hmm… I might be in. I'd first have to compile a few playlists and see. What's the target for number of songs?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:40 am

I have actually done some CDs where I had one song from each artist in my metal collection from A to Z Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 4:15 pm

I'd like to see between 12 to 20.  That should be aplenty.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 4:27 pm

While in college I made a mix tape of mostly Christian love songs (Amy Grant's "I'll Be Waiting", Sweet Comfort's "Just Like Me", etc.) for a girl I was crazy about. It was for her, but really for me if you know what I mean; I didn't really want to give it to her. One day while with her and some other people I put it in the car's tape player, and after hearing one or two songs on it she stated they were exactly how she felt ... ABOUT ANOTHER GUY!   Shocked

Now that I think about it, that is about when the suicidal thoughts started.  What a Face
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 4:57 pm

Then don't put those types of songs on it.  Just play the game, send the discs to me, and I will redistribute randomly.  Just put your choice of songs on it, and add a track listing for whoever gets it.

I am willing and will probably do two or three discs to swap out.  I think it could be fun.

I am thinking:

Classic metal bands I like
Indie metal bands I like
Blues

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 12:27 pm

This sounds really cool, and I would like to participate but I don't think my cd-burner works correctly anymore.

Number of posts : 3874

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 3:50 pm

This is an interesting idea, but I won't have time to do it properly. Those fortunate enough to have downloaded my shows (or have me send them) already have a few mix tapes of mine. Twisted Evil

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Staybrite wrote:
This sounds really cool, and I would like to participate but I don't think my cd-burner works correctly anymore.

Mine works fine.  Send me the list of songs and I will see if I have everything.  If I don't, you can send just those tracks to me and I can burn the whole list for you.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Just made a 14-song thrash playlist, because it was easy to do. Man, it's hard not to put a couple of Metallica songs on there… Razz

Next up shall be a driving song playlist!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 8:33 pm

I'm in. It might be easier to upload them via a large file transfer like MediaFire ? Or would that spoil the nostalgia of this game ?

I have many a compilations I've made over the years with cool themes and could get into this big time.  I think a file sharing program would be cool since some have broken CD burners and others don't have the time to pack up a Cd and mail it. Jus' sayin'

Lemme know if I'm spoiling the original intent...  affraid
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 8:32 am

The upload part could be cool.  However, with the CD idea, there would be the mystery of not knowing what people were getting.  I was hoping to receive the discs, mix them up, and mail them back out without actually looking at track lists so that even I don't know what everyone is getting.

But, if the bulk of you would rather go digital with it, that could be done.  If we all used Dropbox, we could make our list (keeping it to under 80 mins.) and upload it.  I could take the names of who is playing along, mix those up, and then you'd just share your list with the person you get assigned by random luck of the draw.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 12:54 pm

Sounds fun. I'm game either way. I have tons of blank discs and could do it that way, or digital. Whatever the majority prefers. Also have 50 GB on my DropBox account... can store a LOT of songs  Rockin'
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 9:30 am

This is interesting.
I remember I "borrowed" my dad's empy cassettes to make.

Can I ask if this is only for musicians?
Or can songs you like be sended too?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 9:38 am

I'm fine with physical CDs but can do Dropbox as well.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 10:44 am

Driven wrote:
Just made a 14-song thrash playlist, because it was easy to do. Man, it's hard not to put a couple of Metallica songs on there… Razz

Next up shall be a driving song playlist!
I would love to see, or hear the thrash list.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 12:37 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
This is interesting.
I remember I "borrowed" my dad's empy cassettes to make.

Can I ask if this is only for musicians?
Or can songs you like be sended too?
He's meaning take songs you like from other recordings and put them on one CD.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 12:40 pm

Sounds fun, count me in!  So we are talking about a full CD worth of music with a theme of our choosing.  Do we label the disc in any way?  Should we a track listing or just let it all be a surprise?  Christian only I assume?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 3:52 pm

Thanks messiaen for the help.
Could be fun this idea.
I think I'm going for some blues.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Eric and I could throw in some jazz to mix things up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:48 am

I think this will be an extreme cool CD.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 9:17 am

So leader, how's this plane gonna get off the ground ? What are the final ground rules and when's the date to begin ?

Let's get this party started  Rockin' Drums Headbang KISS Woo
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:13 am

Yeah, let's get this bus moving!!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:13 pm

Let me put up a poll about this.  Then we can set the final rules and completion dates.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mix Tape (CD) game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mix Tape (CD) game   Mix Tape (CD) game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mix Tape (CD) game
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next