Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some Alternative

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
ishmael81
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Those of you that post at CMR may have seen my post about some alternative/post-punk bands. In looking at some of the recommendations, I stubmled onto Day of Fire. What's anyone think of them?

Also, what does anyone think of Creed and Scott Stapp's solo work? I know Creed was/is secular but the lyrics always spoke to me. I've been a fan for a long time but never bought any of their stuff.

I'm thinking about lyrical content as I've heard samples but not had much chance to look at lyrics...

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Also, any fans of Josh Brown's first band, Full Devil Jacket? He's the guy that went on to for Day of FIre...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:38 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Also, any fans of Josh Brown's first band, Full Devil Jacket? He's the guy that went on to for Day of FIre...

I haven't heard a ton of the Full Devil Jacket's discography but what I have heard was rather secular and stylistically a bit different from Day of Fire.  Count me in as a huge DOF fan, wish they would have continued to record music.

Staybrite

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:44 pm

If you are looking for alternative stuff you might want to try Forevertree.  They have a grunge/alternative sound to them and some (but not all) of their lyrics are quite good.  They have three albums and to my ears they have gotten sonically better with each new release.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Forevertree is amazing!

Day of Fire was a good group.  I thought that they were getting back together?  I had heard that several months ago.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:16 pm

I never listened to FDJ and feared Josh left the faith when he returned to it but a quick search seems that isn't the case (though he may have some Jewish leaning now). He doesn't seem as bold, but what little I could find of the new lyrics still has religious overtones at the least. However, there's also swearing if that offends some. He mentioned he was trying to write as real as he could this time. I don't have a problem with that if it fits the song. I have not actually listened to any FDJ yet, but it's supposed to be heavier, rawer and more aggressive than DOF.

I had not heard the DOF reforming rumors.

ishmael81

ishmael81

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I'm liking the DOF stuff I've heard (about 10 songs on youtube). The swearing won't bother me as I have been known to use the occasional swear word. I was asking more about content - pro-drug, sexual, etc.

Once I have enough points for some amazon cards at swagbucks I may be buying some DOF... Smile
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 1:41 pm

No swearing at all on DOF. Personally, I preferred the debut over Cut and Move but never heard the third one.

ishmael81

ishmael81

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 2:24 pm

Sorry - I was referring to the swearing on the Full devil Jacket stuff... lol...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 3:44 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
No swearing at all on DOF. Personally, I preferred the debut over Cut and Move but never heard the third one.

I agree, and I think the third album (Losing All) was better then Cut and Move but not quite as good as the first....but I still really liked it.

pershing1134

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-11-05

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 8:03 pm

I really like Day of Fire, all three albums! As far as I'm concerned, you can go wrong on any of them!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 7:24 am

I like all three, but enjoyed them a little less with each release.  I loved the first one.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 9:13 am

As far as Creed is concerned,  I was a fan. Their lyrics sounded like someone who knows the truth, but doesn't live it. I also like Scott's solo albums, although I like Proof of Life best.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Okay, I admit it - I like the Creed sound. While not overtly Christian lyrics, as metaldude states, they were clean and hinted at the faith. I was actually pleased when I got their first two albums free (digital) for buying something else on Amazon.

Sponsored content

Some Alternative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Alternative   Some Alternative I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Alternative
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: