Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Artsy Fartsy

Go down 
+14
Fundy
metaldude
BearDad
Through The Dark Radio
messiaen77
Xid
Redeemed Fool
Driven
rockerVu2
kerrick
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 10:44 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
But I have to disagree with #1 on your statement Staybrite. I DO use references in everything I draw. Many works were direct drawings or scratchboards of an existing photo. And when I DO create something from "my head" it's actually my brain drawing on images that I remember, I can then combine several images into one to create something that looks original. When I was a kid studying art, I clipped thousands of images from magazines and old books and newspapers and actually had a file cabinet with alphabetical "things" -
Files like "Sports", "Old people", "babies", "vehicles", "landscapes", "houses"  etc... Whenever I would go to the drawing board, I would draw from images, combining many of them to "create" my own "original" piece.

Well, now that is exactly what I was talking about.  Creating composite images from things either remembered (or visualized) in my head has always been beyond me.  Not saying artists who can't do that are not talented, I just think you are on a different level than myself (or even Alldat where he is right now)

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I've watched Alldat's work, just in a short time, improve a hundred-fold cuz he's working that art muscle and it's getting stronger and way better than when he first started out.

I would completely agree with that.  And I agree that I could probably get back to my former level if I would spend the time on it....the hard part is just finding that time.  My daughter would like to paint a Mickey/Minnie Mouse themed mural on her bedroom wall, and I would need to be the one to pencil that out.....might be the inspiration I need to dedicate some time to drawing again.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 5:49 pm

Hey, if I can tackle trying to build a guitar out of a cigar box then you can absolutely start drawing again.  We'd even excuse you from posting here quite as much so you could have time.  Why do you think that I've cut back some?  I need time for my artwork practice.

Right now, I am finishing a lesson I started last week and am sketching three cans of Sprite Zero.  It was supposed to be cans of beans from the book, but those were boring.  So, I got something that is a bit more my style.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 12:17 pm

I have my cigar box cut and am now working on the neck.  I just hope this turns out amazing.  I have spent enough on boxes, parts, etc. to have bought a finished 4 string guitar.  I just wanted to be able to say that I did this myself!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:59 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I just hope this turns out amazing.  I have spent enough on boxes, parts, etc. to have bought a finished 4 string guitar.  I just wanted to be able to say that I did this myself!

I know that feeling.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Me too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:40 pm

If it does not turn out well, then I will just buy one from a reputable builder.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 11:55 am

Sorry for the terrible, not-very-Christian content, but these are doodles that I did while on the phone at work.... very inspired by this well meaning little gal who just TALKS NON-STOP !!! She drives me batty !!! So I release my feelings on paper. All better  Very Happy 

Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 Tina_t11

------------------------------

Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 Tina_k10
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 11:58 am

If that's a little TOO much for this board, I will take them down  Laughing 
I just thought it might make ya'all laugh.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 12:02 pm

They're funny!  Great stuff.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 3:48 pm

I can recognize a definite caricature of your face in the first one. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 3:51 pm

Who says that's me ???? I've never been SO insulted in all my life !!!!

-
----

-
-
-
--

-
-
-
 JK   Razz
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 9:57 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
If that's a little TOO much for this board, I will take them down  Laughing 
I just thought it might make ya'all laugh.

They aren't that graphic!  They are just meant to be a caricature of what you are feeling, right?  If it was really done to be gory or evil, then I would be worried about it.  However, I just see this a you visually blowing off some steam so that you don't mistreat someone who annoys the crap out of you.  Well, done!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 7:23 am

Getting closer with the guitar build.  Today, the cigar box will be closed with corner caps.  The electric pickup (piezo) were installed yesterday and the circuit worked fine.  After the box is sealed, it's time to string it up and set the intonation.  I can only imagine what a chore that will be.

Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:30 am

Maybe the next MO1 album should be called The Cigar Box Chronicles.   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 10:53 am

LOL metaldude! Maybe he'll get Justin Murr to contribute tracks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:34 pm

metaldude wrote:
Maybe the next MO1 album should be called The Cigar Box Chronicles.   Very Happy

lol! 

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 8:37 am

Staybrite wrote:
metaldude wrote:

lol! 

Depending on how much the guitar ends up on the next CD, that isn't really a bad name!  Maybe I should get Justin Murr to do bass on a couple of songs so that people would really get the LnJ pun as well.

I will get a video up of me playing this after I get the intonation set.  For the time being, though, the grand unveiling will have to suffice!

Are you ready to be amazed?

Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 10492510

Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 10474910

It is literally a neck through body design.  Although I did use an electric drill and a jigsaw on some of the cuts, this is still a hand made instrument.  Even the cutting I did to scoop out the wood to allow the box to close was done by hand with a coping saw.  Before this, I had no idea that there even WAS a coping saw or how you used one!  Now, I am sitting back thinking that having a drill press and a band saw would have made this easier.  An electric sander would also have been nice.  For sanding, I used pieces of loose sandpapaer and even metal files.  I can't wait to try her out hooked to am amp.  After all, while it is meant to be able to be played acoustically. this is an electric guitar.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 9:20 am

Good job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:17 am

Hey that looks pretty cool!  Nicely done sir!  It looks real good.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 12:56 pm

I just hope that I can get better with this and build a 6 string electric guitar from a box for a distinct one of a kind instrument.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 12:57 pm

That is truly a cool work of art !  I made cardboard guitars when I was a kid, cuz I got tired of "air-guitar" and wanted to make a non-functioning look-a-like. Obviously NOTHING compared to one that actually works ! You should record some pluckings from it and upload them for us to hear, since I know for myself, I've never heard an instrument like this played. That would be cool !
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 1:07 pm

So this is what I wanted for Father's Day. A cart that holds all my stuff, projects, books I'm currently reading, Bible study stuff, headphones, CDs, etc. So when we have company coming over, I don't have to grab a laundry basket and throw all my stuff in it and hide it in my bedroom.

Now I have everything in a neat cart on wheels, built to the specifications I wanted. Now it just needs sanding and staining and a clear-coat.
My wife and I agreed on it's official title: The Crap-Mobile.  Laughing  No man should be without one !

Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 Chm_ca10
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Heh, I want one. Nice dog and nice turntable, too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 2:10 pm

My pups were with me the entire project as my little helpers (or so they thought).

Oh, and I've been waiting for someone to notice my living room turntable  Very Happy . It's one of those cheap all in one deals - LP, CD, Cassette.
Ahh, but can you see what I was rockin to while working on the cabinet ?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 2:16 pm

Scarlet Red Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artsy Fartsy
Page 8 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: