Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23419
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015   Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 5:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have to confess that I wasn't all that happy to read this.  For some reason I don't care for most worship albums (although I thought Seventh Day Slumberss first worship offering was fantastic).  The utter lack of rock guitars in the last Third Day album had me thinking the band was heading permanently into "soft rock" territory.  Mac Powell's second country album (solo release) just this last month also didn't leave me with much hope for the direction of Third Day.

However, I am slightly more optimistic after hearing the first single from the new worship album.  While the rocking guitars are still sadly absent from the song, the driving percussion in the track gives the song some real bite.  Having said that, I will certainly be streaming the entire album prior to sinking any money into purchasing it.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015   Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 6:21 am

Sounds ok... but I'm with you on the lack of shredding, unbridled rock sounds. All this cookie cutter worship music is growing stale. Time for a serious shift in the worship industry - a move towards a totally new fresh sound that makes people stop and listen.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015   Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 6:06 pm

I love Third Day, and this is just bland.  If this is the best they can put out, then retirement is in order.

I agree with the state of Christian music right now.  It is very cookie cutter with very few discernable riffs or singers.  The industry seems to be making music with their Xerox machine and producing as much as possible that sounds exactly like the last artist.  To be honest, it has gotten so bad that I have even bought a few secular albums this year by Samantha Fish, Shane Speal, and even Eric Gales.  I might even get the 2 album set by Stevie Ray Vaughn.  I don't really want to start listening to secular stuff, but the Christian market as a whole just sucks.  If it weren't for Saint, Letter 7, and a few others, there is little I want to hear anymore in the Christian scene.  Hopefully, I will find some rock stuff or blues stuff that I love.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015   Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:01 am

My collection CDs has many Third Days CDs.
Their Christmas CD is one of My favorite Christmas CDs.
I'm not very interested anymore in the new releases of Third Day.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015   Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Somehow, the idea of a "new" worship album is incongruent to me. I say this as a guy who sometimes plays in worship bands (and whenever I do, I try to go beyond the basics of my instrument, so as to fill out the sound a bit), but a lot of worship songs, mostly the "new" stuff from bands like Hillsong or whatnot, are samey-sounding (Laughing). The same chords, same structure, same lyrics, etc. Hymns are somewhat repetitive to some extent as well, but at least the lyrics run deep and there is some cleverness to some of the music as well. That isn't to say that all worship songs sound the same, because there are some with key modulation, and some with very thought-provoking lyrics. However, most P&W is there to provoke an emotional, not intellectual, response, and as a stoical person, I have extreme difficulty playing tearjerkers without feeling like a hypocrite (i.e. "This song is so annoying to me, but somehow I have to pretend I like it ..."). Give me some slightly updated jazzy hymns, and I'll be more sincere in my worship.

"Some of you are starting to complain… You think the songs all sound the same… well of course they sound the same… they all sound WORSHIPPY!"
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015   Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 5:36 pm

Sorry for my rant. I had to say it somewhere, and why not in a thread about a worship album. Neutral
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015   Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:32 am

I lost interest in Third Day when Wire was released. It somehow just didn't click anymore. If their new worship album is like the two offerings albums i might give it a listen.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015   Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 7:42 am

Wire was an attempt of theirs to go secular.  It didn't work.  When they came back with new music after that, the sound was intact as was their lyrical approach.  I am guessing that the new worship album is coming since the last one did not do as well.  It might be that the last album had too big of a style change for many of the fans.  OK, it sucked.  LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015   Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 8:38 am

They started following trends and have lost much of what made them unique.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015   Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 4:26 am

They are guilty of chasing some trends.  Some of that may be due to label pressures, though.  However, on "Move", "Revelation", and even "Wherever You Are", I felt that they had gotten their southern rock groove back on and found their way again.  "Move" and "Revelation" are right up there for me with "Time" and their debut album.  These albums were unique for the Christian market. 

When "Miracle" came out, though, you don't hear southern rock.  You hear the equivalent of pop bands like MercyMe, Sidewalk Prophets, or Sanctus Real with the music and Mac Powell singing.  It is almost like he had the wrong band in the studio with him.  It was just too much of a departure from their signature sound.  I have favorite Third Day albums, but this is the only one I despise.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015   Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 4:12 am

The album is out now.  I got to hear clips on Amazon yesterday.  Unless I find it really cheap, I think that I will have to pass this time.  This is a great album that showcases how a once great rock band panders to CCM radio and label execs to stay popular.  Man, how I wish they'd come back to their roots and do something outstanding.  They've done it before and could do it again if they wanted.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23419
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015   Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:44 am

I'm listening to the clips on Amazon now and I'm just not feeling it.  I'm going to pass on this album.  Hopefully they can return to their southern rock roots for the next album and quite recording "easy listening CCM"

PostSubject: Re: Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015   Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Third Day to Release New Worship Album March 3rd 2015
Page 1 of 1