Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron Empty
PostSubject: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:54 pm

I’m a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned this film here.  I don’t watch television at all and barely listen to the radio but I have been bombarded with internet ads for the film and suggested links to interviews with Kirk Cameron.  I will admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the film that Cameron did with the Kendrick brothers “Fireproof” and I even liked his documentary “Monumental”.   More recently I watched his film “Unstoppable” on Netflix and I have to confess that I was less than impressed.  I didn’t hate the film but it seemed like a befuddled mess that really didn’t say much of anything…and quite frankly I couldn’t mention to you one salient point about the film just a few days later.

So all that to say I am not even sure I will bother with his latest flim “Saving Christmas”…has anyone seen it, or does anyone have plans to see it?

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 10:25 pm

I don't have plans to see it.  Ebert didn't like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 10:57 pm

I plan to avoid watching it.  Maybe it will be good, but I just can't do it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 12:54 pm

Xid wrote:

I quit listening to Eggbert way back when Sisskull was alive.  I don't know if it was because they watch so many movies that they got jaded, but it seems like the only movies they liked were either foreign films with subtitles (not always a bad thing) or stuff that was so avant garde that most people didn't get it.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 12:55 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

Can I ask why?

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:

I quit listening to Eggbert way back when Sisskull was alive.  I don't know if it was because they watch so many movies that they got jaded, but it seems like the only movies they liked were either foreign films with subtitles (not always a bad thing) or stuff that was so avant garde that most people didn't get it.
I don't put a whole lot of stock in movie critics either but his down points made sense.  Along with the other things I've read about Kirk's Christmas perspective I've decided that this movie won't be worth my time.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:

I don't put a whole lot of stock in movie critics either but his down points made sense.  Along with the other things I've read about Kirk's Christmas perspective I've decided that this movie won't be worth my time.

Makes sense to me.  Although I haven't read anything about his Christmas perspective, I have caught a few comments on f.b. from people who seemed to question some of his current quotes/comments regarding Christian faith....not at all sure what that is about.

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 4:45 pm

I've only caught glimpses but one that stuck out is that he says that Christmas doesn't have its roots in pagan holidays and that we've been lied to blah, blah, blah.  Whatever.  If you want to celebrate Christmas, celebrate Christmas.  One man holds a specific day as special while another says all days are the same.

We celebrate Christmas as a time to get the family together, exchange gifts and thank God for the blessings He's given us.  I guess I don't need to be convinced that Christmas is Ok.

So if you don't celebrate Christmas you may want to stay away from our house during the month of December.  What a Face
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 9:14 am

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Can I ask why?
Yes.

Oh...I just have some issues with Kirk and the way he goes about things.  It may even be more of a me thing than a him thing.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 10:08 am

Staybrite wrote:
Although I haven't read anything about his Christmas perspective, I have caught a few comments on f.b. from people who seemed to question some of his current quotes/comments regarding Christian faith....not at all sure what that is about.
Yeah, I was surprised when I read similar stuff. Christians were even trying to boycott the movie, inferring he's gone off the deep end. He used to be quite bold and evangelical (eg, his stuff with Ray Comfort) so not sure where this came from if it is true. Though I think some get too worked up over the pagan holiday stuff - many of the Christian holy days were takeovers of pagan rituals.

kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 1:28 am

I don't know who he is, but I saw this article on Yahoo movies:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/kirk-cameron-fails-to-reverse-rotten-tomatoes-103584440697.html
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:03 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Can I ask why?
Yes.

Oh...I just have some issues with Kirk and the way he goes about things.  It may even be more of a me thing than a him thing.

That's understandable.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:04 am

kerrick wrote:
I don't know who he is, but I saw this article on Yahoo movies:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/kirk-cameron-fails-to-reverse-rotten-tomatoes-103584440697.html

Interesting read.

PostSubject: Re: Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron   Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saving Christmas - Kirk Cameron
Page 1 of 1