Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lyrical Clues

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Lyrical Clues Empty
PostSubject: Lyrical Clues   Lyrical Clues I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Silly little game where you read the short story and figure out the Mystery Band based on words from the band's song lyrics.

Some are easy, some are more challenging.

The mystery band may be mainstream or Christian. Also, this game is a free-for-all. You may submit your answer and not have to make your own "Hidden Band Story" - or you may make your own story with a band you've chosen (so I don't have to do all of these Very Happy  ).
Also, the rules aren't too strict, but try to avoid song NAMES - as this would make it too easy. Stick to lyric snippets.
I know we have some talented folks here at CHM who can come up with some clever stories with a band's lyrics buried in them... so let's get going !!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Lyrical Clues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Clues   Lyrical Clues I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Here's the first example (anyone here should get this one)

The other day a Salesman came to my door and began talking about equality of stock in trade
and how power isn't all that money buys. He told me I should keep my money closer to the heart.
I told him to leave immediately as he was speaking of a Cinderella story, or better yet, a tumble of the dice.

He left, but not before telling me that I committed my weekly crime. I yelled at him to go hop the turbine Freight !
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Lyrical Clues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Clues   Lyrical Clues I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Rush.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Xid

Xid

Lyrical Clues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Clues   Lyrical Clues I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 3:47 pm

"I tell you right now, they've got nothing to lose," Nicky screamed while finishing the chalk outline upon the wall. "Let's forget the past?  How do you do that when you've never built it?"

In the background the TV News Anchor is saying, "Meanwhile, in other news, another church is burning to the ground...."

It fades into nothing as Nicky thinks to himself, "I've got to do something about the loathsome state I'm in...." as he watches the time tick, tick away.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Lyrical Clues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Clues   Lyrical Clues I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 8:06 pm

Any guesses?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Lyrical Clues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Clues   Lyrical Clues I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 9:24 pm

I don't think I'm very good at this.

Guilty/Forgiven

Lyrical Clues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Clues   Lyrical Clues I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 10:25 am

Though that one was well written XID, my brain didn't have it stored.. so I cheated a little and discovered that of ALL people here, Staybrite should've got that one immediately  Wink
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Lyrical Clues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Clues   Lyrical Clues I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 12:29 pm

Dang, I've read it three times and it's still not ringing a bell.

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Lyrical Clues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Clues   Lyrical Clues I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 1:56 pm

Queensryche?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Lyrical Clues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Clues   Lyrical Clues I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Samson wrote:
Queensryche?
We have a winner!

Breakdown:

"I tell you right now, they've got nothing to lose," (Empire) Nicky (Operation: Mindcrime) screamed while finishing the chalk outline upon the wall. (My Empty Room) "Let's forget the past?  How do you do that when you've never built it?" (Bridge)

In the background the TV News Anchor is saying, "Meanwhile, in other news, another church is burning to the ground...." (I Remember Now & Sign of the Times)

It fades into nothing as Nicky thinks to himself, "I've got to do something about the loathsome state I'm in...." (Disconnected) as he watches the time tick, tick away. (Jet City Woman)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Lyrical Clues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Clues   Lyrical Clues I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm so disappointed in you Staybrite  Sad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Lyrical Clues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Clues   Lyrical Clues I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 6:25 pm

I'm so ashamed. Stupid

Lyrical Clues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Clues   Lyrical Clues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lyrical Clues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: