For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I have officially relapsed with my weight problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Driven

Number of posts : 5641
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: I have officially relapsed with my weight problem   Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:30 pm

You're a great friend of mine, alldat, and if ever I can encourage you, I will. I've seen pictures of you here and there on Facebook, and you've slimmed by a lot. I'm impressed, man.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: I have officially relapsed with my weight problem   Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:47 pm

You're not a bad friend. Please don't beat yourself up. We can all help each other. Everyone makes mistakes. I totally understand what it's like to plan to do something and then never do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have officially relapsed with my weight problem   Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:54 pm

I really need to do something about my weight.. The dermatologist told me that the extra weight stretches the skin out and makes it thin and created scars and that this summer in the heat the scars and anywhere the skin rubs will be a rash nightmare..so I want to lose weight...i am definitely reaping from what I sowed ...
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14685
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I have officially relapsed with my weight problem   Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:14 am

Chris, for so many years we are friends now. 
You have encouraged me and now it's my time to encourage you.
You started this and have seen results ... new pants and t-shirts.
Yep, because the old ones are to big for you. Very Happy

It's not always easy to continue this way of lose more and more weight.
It goes with ups and downs.
Remember ... after each down comes an up and it will gives you the strenght of contine to lose more weight.
So pick up this battle and start again to get your goal.
You are in my prayers to continue this.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Samson

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: I have officially relapsed with my weight problem   Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:17 am

As of yesterday, I have pledged to fast one meal every day until I get to the weight that I asked for. I have also restarted my walking routine, where I walk around the park every day, listening to a Petra album (or a Schlitt solo album). Not a casual walk, but not exactly a running walk, either. Depending on the album, my walk will vary from 34 minutes to just under an hour. Petra's self titled "Sand" album is 34:04, and Double Take is 51:55, and Back to the Rock is just seconds shorter than that one at 51:46

Pray for me. Pain will no doubt be a part of this journey, but I will not stop. Don't you give up either, Chris. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Your methods may differ from mine, but YOU...CAN..DO..THIS!!!
Back to top Go down
https://gabrielkinson.wordpress.com/
BearDad

Number of posts : 2056
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: I have officially relapsed with my weight problem   Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:05 am

^^ Good plans.  I have started walking to and from work when the weather permits (45* or more, no rain, etc.) for at least one trip (1.4 miles) and replacing at least one meal each day with a protein shake.  The hard part with skipping or replacing a meal is to not compensate with the other meals; gotta keep the portions smalls and not snack on high-calorie stuff (I WANT CHOCOLATE!!!).  Also, I really struggle with not eating anything late in the evening; when I don't I wake up hungry during the night. Sad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18236
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I have officially relapsed with my weight problem   Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:31 am

Samson wrote:
As of yesterday, I have pledged to fast one meal every day until I get to the weight that I asked for. I have also restarted my walking routine, where I walk around the park every day, listening to a Petra album (or a Schlitt solo album). Not a casual walk, but not exactly a running walk, either. Depending on the album, my walk will vary from 34 minutes to just under an hour. Petra's self titled "Sand" album is 34:04, and Double Take is 51:55, and Back to the Rock is just seconds shorter than that one at 51:46

Pray for me. Pain will no doubt be a part of this journey, but I will not stop. Don't you give up either, Chris. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Your methods may differ from mine, but YOU...CAN..DO..THIS!!!

Whatever you do don't skip breakfast!  Seems like every time I skip breakfast I stall in losing weight.  Seems like I have had more success just eating less at each meal then I have when I skip meals (I use the little plate now for all my meals).  I do well during the day, but much like BearDad I have a problem in the evenings with wanting to eat more.  I had a small omelet last night for dinner and then found myself in the kitchen an hour later smearing natural peanut butter on some toast (gotta stop that).

Number of posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: I have officially relapsed with my weight problem   Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:22 pm

I lost 35 pounds last year.....if I can lose 35 this year I will be at my goal weight of 185.

Slowly but surely I'll get there......
Back to top Go down
Samson

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: I have officially relapsed with my weight problem   Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:14 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Samson wrote:

Whatever you do don't skip breakfast!  Seems like every time I skip breakfast I stall in losing weight.  Seems like I have had more success just eating less at each meal then I have when I skip meals (I use the little plate now for all my meals).  I do well during the day, but much like BearDad I have a problem in the evenings with wanting to eat more.  I had a small omelet last night for dinner and then found myself in the kitchen an hour later smearing natural peanut butter on some toast (gotta stop that).

Depending on what my work schedule is (I work retail, so I'm on flex-time), I will skip either lunch or dinner. I plan a couple days in advance, and on my days off, I skip supper, just in case they call, needing someone. In other words, I'm not eating anything at work.
Back to top Go down
https://gabrielkinson.wordpress.com/
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18236
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I have officially relapsed with my weight problem   Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:32 pm

Praying that works for you.  Keep up with the exercise as well.  Thumbs Up

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: I have officially relapsed with my weight problem   Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:48 pm

I don't really recommend skipping meals. That can make it harder to get the amount of calories that you need in a day. Eat foods that are filling and healthy. Allow yourself to have treats in reasonable amounts. Moderation is important. I don't recommend diets because they are often restrictive and not practical. Have healthy snacks like fruits or vegetables if you can. Learn recipes. There are so many things out there. Each meal needs to be satisfying, including dinner. Make sure you drink enough water in a day. So important. Try water with lemon or lime juice. Smile Do not fall into the trap of disordered eating. Eat what you enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have officially relapsed with my weight problem   

Back to top Go down

I have officially relapsed with my weight problem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3