Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3122
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android?   Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 7:00 am

I have no use for it or Google Newsstand but can't seem to figure out how to remove them. The next day they are back. I wonder if there is a way to remove them permanently without affected other Google services.

Thanks,

Mike
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android?   Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 7:12 am

I was able to disable it but the icon is still on my phone. On Apple products, you just hold the icon and then delete. On this phone the icon is still there and I want it gone. I see nothing in the App settings to permanently remove it.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android?   Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 8:10 am

Droids and Google are pretty much surgically attached to each other. I don't think you can remove it. I've only been able to restrict it in the Google settings.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android?   Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 9:26 am

metaldude wrote:
Droids and Google are pretty much surgically attached to each other. I don't think you can remove it. I've only been able to restrict it in the Google settings.

That's what I figured so I also restricted it in the settings. Google+ is something I will never use but it may be stuck on my phone for now.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android?   Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 10:56 am

Generally, carriers require you to keep what they preinstall which of course includes all the Google stuff. The only way you'll really be able to remove certain items is to unlock your bootloaders, root the phone and load a custom ROM. Of course, there are certain dangers in that if you don't follow directions exactly (if it's even possible to begin with for you model and software version) and there may be some quirks in the ROM you load but well-known ones like Cyanogenmod are usually pretty good. If you really wish to pursue this, see if you can find your exact device at XDA.

I did this with my old Samsungs and REALLY wish I had with the Razr M since Verizon's last update has really messed it up. Verizon is really good at making the phone vendors plug any exploits ASAP so I am stuck until June. Grrr.

Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5520
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android?   Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:02 pm

If you give the phone a good crack with hammer, Google+ will go away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android?   Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Xid wrote:
If you give the phone a good crack with hammer, Google+ will go away.

Yeah, thought would probably do the trick but considering I have only had it a week and Google+ is my only gripe I will stick with it for now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android?   Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know how to remove Google+ from an android?
Page 1 of 1