Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation

Go down 
+3
Redeemed Fool
MikeInFla
Staybrite
7 posters

Pick Your Favorite
The Spirit
Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Vision
Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ride to Kill
 0% [ 0 ]
He Reigns
Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_vote_lcap22%Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
On and On
 0% [ 0 ]
The 7th Trumpet
Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_vote_lcap11%Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
The Mark
Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_vote_lcap22%Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Bowls of Wrath
Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_vote_lcap11%Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Babylon the Great
 0% [ 0 ]
Reap the Flesh
 11% [ 1 ]
Gog & Magog
 0% [ 0 ]
Alpha & Omega
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation   Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 3:00 pm

Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation TheMark_zpsfced286dFavorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation Therevelation_zps7ccd02fe

The Mark-2006 / The Revelation-2012

The few years between the release of “In The Battle” and “The Mark” saw the band rerecord their classic debut album “Warriors of the Sun” which we already covered previously.  In addition they released their first live album simply titled “Live ‘05” which captured the band’s performance at the Tomfest in southern Washington State (no I didn’t go, I didn’t even find out about the performance until several months later…yes I was quite bummed).  In addition to that Josh traveled to  Germany and performed a few shows with members of the bands “Ivory Knight” & “Adorned Grave”, these live performances were captured on tape and released on the CD titled “Josh Kramer – Headbanger’s Night 2.  The set list contains only Saint songs.

"The Mark" was released on the band’s Armor Records label in 2004 and was re-mixed, remastered, and retitled “The Revelation” by Retroactive records in 2012.  Despite that fact that both albums contain the exact same songs from the same recording session the difference in the albums is substantial.  So much that I refuse to even listen to the original release.  The Mark was probably one of my least favorite Saint albums, but the remixing/mastering treatment done by Retroactive finds me really liking “The Revelation” version of the album much more.

For a favorite track I would have to go with “He Reigns” (although I find “The Mark” and “Alpha & Omega” quite enjoyable as well)

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation   Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 3:09 pm

I picked The Mark (the song), although the album is chock full of good and heavy songs. I don't listen to The Mark (album) anymore either. The Revelation is much better. The drum tracks were completely remixed with the exception of "Ride To Kill". When I asked Rich about it he said the file was corrupt (or something like that) and they were unable to remix the drums on that one track. The drums and the guitars sound so much better on The Revelation, so much so you would swear the drums were re-recorded but it is the original drum tracks just remixed. I also like Reaping The Flesh. That one and The Mark are the ones I play the most.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation   Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Alpha & Omega, what a strong finish to this album.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation   Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Bowls of Wrath. Stinkin' heavy verse riff and praising chorus. Nothing gets better than that.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation   Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 11:00 pm

5 votes and 5 different picks!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation   Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 10:09 am

I will go with the worship song "He Reigns".  While it is more of a ballad than their other stuff, it still rocks but shows that Saint is more than just a Judas Priest ripoff act.  They can step outside their box and still craft a great song.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation   Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 11:40 am

This is a tough choice in that "The Mark/Revelation" is my favorite Saint album.  But I went with closing track "'Alpha & Omega" in that I feel it sums the albums subject up well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation   Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 12:22 pm

Went with "The Mark" although "Bowls of Wrath" and "He Reigns" aren't far behind.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation   Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 1:37 pm

This seems to be a universally liked album by most Saint fans.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation   Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Saint Song - The Mark/The Revelation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: