Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion #24

Go down 
+10
Through The Dark Radio
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
Driven
Xid
Redeemed Fool
MikeInFla
kerrick
Staybrite
Hardkore
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 12:56 pm

OK, first off you might have noticed this edition of the Dumb Kwestion is not coming from Staybrite but rather yours truly.I got in touch with him and he said I could go ahead and issue this round myself.

I had a thought that slapped me upside the head and left a mark that will likely leave a scar. I started thinking and realized that would be a dumb kwestion. So now I will share it with you and lets see what you have to say.

How many remote controls do you have?

Last edited by Hardkore on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 1:02 pm

Fantastic idea for a dumb question!  On the surface it would seem like we only have 3 or 4.  One each for the DVD player, vcr (yes we still have one), and the tv.  We also have to use one of the Wii controllers as a remote for Netflix.  But we also have two or three tower fans that have their own remotes.  So at least 6 remotes counting the fan.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 1:10 pm

I had to think to try to remember all of them.

one for each of my 3 TV's
my 3D blu-ray player
DVD/VHS player
converter box for the old tube TV
slide show controller for the camera
the stereo player/system

so basically I have 8
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 1:55 pm

Two: one for my TV and one for my Playstation 3 - both of which items function primarily as dust collectors haha.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 2:06 pm

In the living room, one for the dvd player, one for the dvd recorder, one for the TV (which has the Netflix button on it) and one for the cable box.

In my daughters room, one for each of the 2 dvd players, one for cable box, one for Wii and maybe more I don't know about. 

One in dining room for the stereo.

One in my truck for the stereo (which is pointless because I am about a foot from the controls anyway).
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Four. One for the DVD,VCR,T.V. and old T.V. the VCR is hooked to. Only have the VCR for a couple movies the girls still watch that I will not upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 2:28 pm

TV, DVD, Roku, Cable, CD Changer, so 5 at least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Umm… two for our computers (for the Front Row entertainment thing that never really went anywhere), one for our TV, one for our DVD player, probably one for our main and one for our TV stereo, one universal, and probably one for our DVD recorder. How many do I use? Clearly none, because I had to think for a while on this one. Razz

Oh, and if we're counting garage door openers, most likely two per door, which makes four. I'm not even sure, since we have the signals programmed into our cars.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 4:14 pm

AT HOME:  Four for now.  One for the tv, Blu-ray player, satellite, and sound bar.

AT CHURCH:  Two.  One for my DVD player and one for my projector.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 6:17 pm

1. Gotta have the TV remote to switch between "Sources"
2. DVD recorder has some functions that are not on other remotes, so gotta have that one
3. 1 of 2 Satellite controls. 1 for living room, 1 for dining room/kitchen
4. Oldest one I have is about 17 years old - for my CD-R deck. Still use it after all these years !
5. E.T. center amplifier remote
6. Cheapo dvd player (in case I want to burn a dvd to a dvd-r)
7. Roku (perhaps the most used remote, 2nd to the satellite)
8. Yes, we have a remote control for our fake fireplace... hey it's cool ! Very Happy  

Dumb Kwestion #24 Remote10

And for those times when I can't find a remote to just turn the tv on or off or change the volume or mute it.... my cell phone is always handy and the App works perfect ! Thumbs Up

Dumb Kwestion #24 Remote11
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 11:55 am

One for the BluRay/DVD player, one for the cable in the living room, one for the cable in the bed room and one for the stereo.  Those are the active ones.  I'm sure there are others laid to rest elsewhere in the house Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 2:36 pm

One for the DVD player
One for the Wii

That's it.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 2:51 pm

This is worse than when I had to count wifi connections.  Between tv, dvd, game systems, sound systems, fans and heater, I count 22. 26, if you count the remotes for the cars. No wonder I can't keep batteries in my house.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 3:56 pm

If only counting ones we actually use, two (DVD/BR players).

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 11:24 pm

If we're counting all remotes - I'd have to add in the 2 car remotes, 2 remotes for both fireplaces, 2 remotes for both AC units, 1 remote for our ceiling fan in the office... and 1 remote for the farting teddy bear... yes we have one of those (hours of fun, trust me) Laughing
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 9:03 am

One for the media box, one for the TV and one for the tuner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dumb Kwestion #24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #24   Dumb Kwestion #24 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #24
Page 1 of 1