Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tourniquet is losing me.

Go down 
+14
Samson
messiaen77
Fundy
kerrick
BearDad
Through The Dark Radio
xenonlion
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Driven
Xid
topshot rhit
Guilty/Forgiven
Redeemed Fool
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Driven wrote:
I have no problems with not eating meat or even not using any animal products, as a personal choice. I'm going semi-vegetarian, where I don't use meat in all of my meals, simply because store-bought meat is expensive and isn't that great. But I won't go out and say that we're not supposed to eat meat ever at all. Yes, in the original creation, everything ate plants, but God has increasingly allowed his people to eat meat. To say otherwise is scratch

Very wise for someone your age.

My wife and I eat a plant based diet 90% of the time or better - meaning no meat, dairy, eggs, or processed/junk food. We allow for that 10% for birthdays, weddings, etc. - special occasions.

Our reasons are mainly health based, but I also took a vow of non-violence about 18 months ago and this includes animals. I also think that we have the liberty to eat meat but if you read prior to Genesis 7 (maybe 6) when the flood happened (or was that just an allegory?), God told Adam and Eve that the plants will provide all their food.

But, Paul tells us that some have the freedom to eat meat and some don't. So please don't let my own decisions affect yours.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 12:19 pm

And that's not what bothers me. What does bother me is how Ted has seemingly disregarded any Scriptures that others have tried to bring up, making them subservient to his cause. See his response when an old friend brought up Romans 14.

https://www.facebook.com/ted.kirkpatrick.98/posts/10154827441205011?comment_id=10154828090250011&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Candlemass wrote:
"All of God's creatures will be in Heaven, including every pig that ever lived." --Ted Kilpatrick

Awesome, bacon in Heaven! cheers
lol!
Only just seen this post.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 4:26 pm

Samson wrote:
Move along, nothing to see here

https://www.facebook.com/ted.kirkpatrick.98/posts/10154827441205011
Sorry Ted, Franklin Graham deciding not to do something might just encourage me to double down on it.
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 7:57 pm

Samson wrote:
And that's not what bothers me. What does bother me is how Ted has seemingly disregarded any Scriptures that others have tried to bring up, making them subservient to his cause. See his response when an old friend brought up Romans 14.

https://www.facebook.com/ted.kirkpatrick.98/posts/10154827441205011?comment_id=10154828090250011&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

Love that meme; "You're forgetting someone!"

Someone ought to clue Uncle Ted in that animals are not a "someone"...
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 7:57 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Samson wrote:
Move along, nothing to see here

https://www.facebook.com/ted.kirkpatrick.98/posts/10154827441205011
Sorry Ted, Franklin Graham deciding not to do something might just encourage me to double down on it.

ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Candlemass wrote:
Samson wrote:

Love that meme; "You're forgetting someone!"

Someone ought to clue Uncle Ted in that animals are not a "someone"...

That was the exact same thing I thought as well.

Pro-Zak

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 8:21 am

Never heard Ted talk about how non-human animals eat other animals, apparently they don't hold to his worldview...
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 9:40 am

Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 15895110
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 9:43 am

Full disclosure:  I have no problem with vegans.  I do have a problem with ANYONE who tries to impose their dietary choices on me and/or demeans me for not sharing their view on anything.
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 3:28 pm

I wonder if Uncle Ted is willing to go into the jungles of Africa and reason w/the animals on how they are supposed to be companions...
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 11:08 am

Ok fine, let's give animals the same rights as humans, but what about insects, viruses? Those hornets have a right to their home as much as we do, and leave all those ant hills alone! Stop trying to cure all these diseases, it's simply a matter of population control, and the virus asserting it's right to survive...you murderers!
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Animals can have human rights the day they speak up and assert them for themselves.

As for "sport hunting", it falls completely in line with the concept of good stewardship. What often happens with uncontrolled animal populations is a boom-bust cycle. Plenty of resources, you get plenty of deer. Deer start to outgrow their resources, and they start to starve, and pass around diseases. (Imagine succumbing slowly to disease, without medical care. Tell me that's more humane than hunting?) Deer dwindle, and the resources grow back, leading to another cycle. Same thing with predators, in which case the deer are their resources.

Now insert man into the equation. We can analyze the carrying capacity of a certain ecosystem, do a census of the animal populations, and issue the appropriate number of licenses to cull the populations to a stable, sustainable level. Whether you eat the game, or mount it on a wall, really makes no ethical difference, IMO.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:28 pm

^Agreed, though I think of "sport hunting" as hunting purely for the "sport" of it (the thrill of the chase, obtaining a trophy, etc.), not necessarily at all with regard to the effect it may have on the ecosystem and such. I would argue that killing animals simply to kill them would be particularly bad stewardship. Hunting for food or to stabilize an animal's population or the like on the other hand, would be good stewardship. My two cents anyways. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:51 pm

The sport hunters I know donate the meat.  It doesn't go to waste.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 5:26 pm

I hate to take the conversation this direction but my understanding is that Ted isn't against hunting necessarily but is more opposed to huge factory farms like Cargill and Purdue where the animals are mass produced like so many pairs of sneakers.

In this regard, I agree that isn't really good stewardship. I don't have a (good) solution (that anyone in the industry will listen to) but there it is.
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 4:32 pm

kerrick wrote:
^Agreed, though I think of "sport hunting" as hunting purely for the "sport" of it (the thrill of the chase, obtaining a trophy, etc.), not necessarily at all with regard to the effect it may have on the ecosystem and such.  I would argue that killing animals simply to kill them would be particularly bad stewardship.  Hunting for food or to stabilize an animal's population or the like on the other hand, would be good stewardship.  My two cents anyways.  Smile
That's not hunting. That's killing. Killing is not a sport. They are not "sportsmen".

I get real tired of hunters being portrayed that way when some TV show with green leanings needs a bad guy.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 5:42 pm

A sportsman with a gun, in my opinion, would be someone shooting at various targets (paper, metal, etc.) competing for marksmanship.   They could be shooting for distance, speed, or moving (either targets or the shooter moving).

Hunting is hunting.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet is losing me.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4