Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Petra to Perform at “We Will Stand” Event

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Petra to Perform at  “We Will Stand” Event Empty
PostSubject: Petra to Perform at “We Will Stand” Event   Petra to Perform at  “We Will Stand” Event I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 7:11 am

From the email I got:

PETRA TO PERFORM AT
“WE WILL STAND” EVENT
“The Greatest Night in the History of Contemporary Christian Music”

Wednesday, Jan. 21, 2015 – starting at 6pm CST

Celebrating 40 Years of the Music, the Memories, and the life-changing Message of Contemporary Christian Music

Vocals: John Schlitt
Lead Guitar: Bob Hartman
Bass: Ronny Cates
Drums: Louie Weaver
Keyboard: John Lawry

Overview
From its beginnings in 1975, Contemporary Christian Music has delivered hundreds of inspiring songs that have stood the test of time. Many of the artists and songwriters who led those formative years of CCM are still impacting audiences today while an entire generation of new CCM artists follows in their footsteps.

“We Will Stand” brings the songs of breakthrough recording artists, including Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith, Point of Grace, Petra, Twila Paris, 4Him, Steve Green, Steven Curtis Chapman, and many more together with today’s CCM top artists for an evening of hit songs and performances that have changed countless lives for four decades.

Details
The “We Will Stand” event is billed as “The Greatest Night in the History of Contemporary Christian Music” and will be broadcast online live through video stream Wednesday, January 21, starting at 6pm CST at live.ccmunited.com.  It will also be recorded and released as a DVD and companion CD (preorder available now).

How to Watch
Register for your FREE STREAM TICKET to see Petra and many great artists, as part of the “Greatest Night in CCM History.” This event is available for you to watch at home, with your small group, youth group or for streaming at your church. Simply visit live.ccmunited.com and register today!

Bonus
Get your free copy of CCM Magazine to read about the We Will Stand Live Streaming Concert, the 30 great CCM artists that will be performing and the ministries that are all standing together in unity for this special occasion. To download your FREE issue of CCM Magazine visit: bitly.com/ccmUnited

Mark it on your calendar!
Be sure to register for your FREE STREAM TICKET to see Petra and many great artists, as part of the “Greatest Night in CCM History” Wednesday, Jan. 21 starting at 6pm CST.  This amazing event is available for you to watch at home, with your small group, youth group or for streaming at your church. Just visit live.ccmunited.com and register today!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Petra to Perform at “We Will Stand” Event   Petra to Perform at  “We Will Stand” Event I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 7:13 am

Here's the schedule

All times shown are in CST.

Wednesday, January 21
6:30pm — Segment One - Opener
6:45pm — Segment Two - Radio Hits
7:00pm — BackStage Break
7:05pm — Segment Three - Inspirational
7:25pm — BackStage Break
7:30pm — Segment Four - Rock & Roll
7:55pm — Intermission - BackStage Interviews with Artists
8:05pm — Segment Five - Worship
8:30pm — Segment Six - Radio Hits 2
9:00pm — Segment Seven - Closing
9:15pm — BackStage Sign Off
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Petra to Perform at “We Will Stand” Event   Petra to Perform at  “We Will Stand” Event I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:37 am

Sounds interesting.

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Petra to Perform at “We Will Stand” Event   Petra to Perform at  “We Will Stand” Event I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 1:35 pm

Other then Petra i'm not interested in any of the named artists but good for them.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Petra to Perform at “We Will Stand” Event   Petra to Perform at  “We Will Stand” Event I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:15 pm

^ ditto, but Petra is why I posted it here. I'll have it streaming, but I won't be paying much attention to it.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Petra to Perform at “We Will Stand” Event   Petra to Perform at  “We Will Stand” Event I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 10:50 pm

I ended up watching the whole thing, and it was awesome. Sure, some of the older folks, like Russ Taff, really couldn't sing very well anymore, but it was still an excellent gather of artists. Petra was there, of course, during the five minute lip-service paid to Christian rock -- while Petra sang "I am on the Rock" the names and pictures of several rock groups, old and new, were displayed on the screen, including Deliverance, Demon Hunter, Holy Soldier, Barnabas, Resurrection Band, Whiteheart, White Cross, Stryper, and even Stryken.  Newsboys sang a couple of songs as well.

A lot of people don't like CCM, either the style or the people, but one thing is for sure ... they never say, "We're not a Christian band, we're just Christians in a band." Sure there not perfect, but they are people the open state, "We are Christians and we sing Christian music ... songs for and about Christ."

The are starting a repeat stream in about five minutes; perhaps the'll keep doing it.  The URL is http://live.ccmunited.com/ if anyone is interested in checking it out.

OK, enough soft stuff.  Time for some Demon Hunter!  Headbang
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Petra to Perform at “We Will Stand” Event   Petra to Perform at  “We Will Stand” Event I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 10:15 am

BearDad wrote:
OK, enough soft stuff.  Time for some Demon Hunter!  Headbang

I thought you said enough softer stuff? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Petra to Perform at “We Will Stand” Event   Petra to Perform at  “We Will Stand” Event I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 12:03 pm

Yeah, pffft.  I'm not into the "sounds like a diesel in low gear struggling up a hill" metal (death, black, and the like).  And while I don't usually listen to core stuff either (melodic, power, and progressive metal are more my forte), I do like DH and Disciple.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Petra to Perform at “We Will Stand” Event   Petra to Perform at  “We Will Stand” Event I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 4:13 pm

Actually, black metal usually sounds like a cat getting it's tail caught under a rocking chair.  COMPLETELY different from death metal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petra to Perform at “We Will Stand” Event   Petra to Perform at  “We Will Stand” Event I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petra to Perform at “We Will Stand” Event
Page 1 of 1