Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Red - Of Beauty and Rage

Go down 
+2
Neal_Morse_fan
BearDad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Red - Of Beauty and Rage Empty
PostSubject: Red - Of Beauty and Rage   Red - Of Beauty and Rage I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 pm

The release date is 2/24.

Posted on Red's FB page on Monday, 2/9

Red wrote:
Tomorrow night! You will be able to stream our new album, of Beauty and Rage, in it's entirety for 1 HOUR ONLY at 9pm/8pmCST! Don't miss it. The streaming link will be provided when the stream goes live.

I understand the album is also on Spotify already; strange, as it hasn't been released yet. It is currently available for pre-order ...

Amazon - $11.98 (11 songs)

iTunes - $9.99 (15 songs) <= the best deal $$-wise, but not exactly fair. Why keep the four extra songs away from those of us that prefer CD over digital!? Smells like a rotten apple sell-out.  Mad
Back to top Go down
Neal_Morse_fan

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2015-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Red - Of Beauty and Rage   Red - Of Beauty and Rage I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Yeah, that is weird.  Most bands put the bonus tracks on the CDs, in my experience.  But I guess that's just how it goes.  Or, perhaps, maybe Amazon has their info wrong?  Wouldn't be ther first time...
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Red - Of Beauty and Rage   Red - Of Beauty and Rage I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:36 pm

Night Ranger did the same thing a few years ago. iTunes had an exclusive track and Amazon had a different exclusive track, neither of which were on the CD.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Red - Of Beauty and Rage   Red - Of Beauty and Rage I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 8:12 pm

Hey! I just thought of a good use for the iTunes gift cards I got for Christmas! I have no interest in digital downloads, but if those extra songs aren't on the CD I have a way to get them without paying a dime. woo hoo! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red - Of Beauty and Rage   Red - Of Beauty and Rage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:25 am

I have waited so long for this album. They streamed it online tonight, and I kept thinking that if they've got the music ready enough to stream it, and since I've already pre-ordered it, why can't I just have it now? It's a record label thing I guess! Rolling Eyes

Either way, I'm guessing the bonus songs should be available somehow when the record has been out a while. I can't see them holding back music from their fans in the long run.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Red - Of Beauty and Rage   Red - Of Beauty and Rage I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 9:08 pm

I like Red, but I rarely find myself listening to them.  I buy their CDs and play them a few times when I buy them and then hardly ever play them again.  I don't know if I will get this or not.  To be honest, their songs tend to just run together after a while as one long song.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Red - Of Beauty and Rage   Red - Of Beauty and Rage I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 7:14 am

Since I'm a Red fan I want to listen to the samples of the new CD.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Red - Of Beauty and Rage   Red - Of Beauty and Rage I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 3:37 pm

Releases tomorrow (2/24). New video out today.

http://loudwire.com/red-darkest-part-exclusive-video-premiere/

Looks like a sci-fi flick! Smile
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Red - Of Beauty and Rage   Red - Of Beauty and Rage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 9:40 pm

I picked this up yesterday and I'm still trying to digest it. My first impressions aren't great. At this point I don't think this is nearly as strong as Flawed By Design's album last month.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Red - Of Beauty and Rage   Red - Of Beauty and Rage I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:39 am

metaldude wrote:
I picked this up yesterday and I'm still trying to digest it. My first impressions aren't great. At this point I don't think this is nearly as strong as Flawed By Design's album last month.

I don't like to compare one band's product to another's, or even to a previous product, except in cases where the latest one literally sucks. I think this CD is great and don't regret spending my $$ on it. I'm not a huge Red fan where I think everything they touch will turn to gold, but I like this one and I think it fits well in their catalog.

Last edited by BearDad on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Red - Of Beauty and Rage   Red - Of Beauty and Rage I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 7:50 am

I have the rest of their catelog and like it but rarely listen to the individual albums after the new wears off.  I listened to clips on Amazon yesterday and was largely underwhelmed.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Red - Of Beauty and Rage   Red - Of Beauty and Rage I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 8:54 am

A song of some CDs.
I like red, but I agree that they still have the same sound as on their previous CDs.
Sad
Maybe more fans agree about having the same sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red - Of Beauty and Rage   Red - Of Beauty and Rage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red - Of Beauty and Rage
Page 1 of 1