Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion #25

Go down 
+6
messiaen77
Guilty/Forgiven
Driven
Xid
alldatndensum
Staybrite
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Seems like it has been a while since we did one of these.  Having a hard time coming up with a good one....so I used this one instead!

If You were going to write a book what would you call it and what would it be about?

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 6:13 pm

I don't have a title, but I've always wanted to do a sci-fi novel about astronauts finding accidentally a planet just like Earth that was hidden behind the sun that had the same orbit.  Think of the two planets being at the 12/6 positions on a clock.  Anyway, they meet a powerful entity claiming to be God and even gives the astronauts powers.  When the astronauts return to earth, they tell people about the entity and terra-colonization begins as people want this all powerful being to "bless" them.  Eventually, the truth comes out as the people become more and more obsessed with their abilities and gaining more power as the entity has more and more sadistic ways for people to gain his "blessings".  The entity would be a demon that was cast out with Satan but was bound there by God.  Hey, I'd read that story, anyway!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 6:25 pm

Interesting concept!

I'll have to think about this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 6:50 pm

I've always wanted to write a story about a sort of "island in the sky" where if you fly a plane at a specific altitude at a specific location, you can land in a strange world that's invisible from any other angle. A pilot discovers this land by accident, by suddenly crash-landing into it, and spends the whole rest of the story trying to escape. It would be a bit in the vein of The Lost World.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 10:02 pm

I've written a bit. Mostly studies over a period of years that came together. They're not really "books", rather "packets". I've written packets on Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormonism that include photocopies right out of their own publications. I had ads in the newspapers and got several anonymous requests for these packets that I mailed out for free - in unmarked manila envelopes (in case their family sees them reading "apostate" material).  I also wrote a packet called "Not a Blind Faith" which was 80% research compiled on the existence of God and 20% my actual writing to bring it together as a booklet. We gave away at least a hundred of those.

As for the question at hand, I'd love to write a more extensive book on apologetics and a building up of our Faith.
I'd also like to write a book chronicling the ups and downs of my struggles with a "head knowledge" of God's grace, love and our faith...compared to my "heart knowledge" of grace. Much of my walk, I find myself walking this journey feeling the need to "please" God and most of the time feeling as though He's not pleased with me... at other times, actively understanding in my heart that He's forgiven me and it's not about my "goodness" that keeps me in His Hands... rather it's His completed work that keeps me on His good side - it's HIS decision to accept or reject me, not my actions. It would just be good for me as well as others to read about these struggles of sin, repentance, sin, repentance... and the realization that it's not our activities that maintain a "level of salvation" - rather, our salvation is sure and complete - it's our "level of relationship" that's on a rollercoaster... and that's normal for all sinful fallen humans.. and that's ok. Anyways... without writing the whole book HERE (as I'm practically doing), that's the gist of it all. I'd like to write a book to help Christians understand their relationship with God better.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 11:20 pm

I have kicked around a title but have no idea what exactly the subject would be--How to Lose Friends and Influence With People.

I have also dabbled a little bit with writing a story based around a character named Dennis Anderson but I haven't figured out exactly what to do with him that isn't cheesy and formulaic.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 12:52 am

I've written about twenty thousand words of a novel about a hit man hired to kill a priest that ends up returning to his faith. I don't know where to go with it now though.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 7:18 am

ishmael81 wrote:
I've written about twenty thousand words of a novel about a hit man hired to kill a priest that ends up returning to his faith. I don't know where to go with it now though.

Ted Dekker did a two book series where the priest WAS the hit man and returns to his faith.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 11:34 am

The History of Christian Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Forums and Their Influences on Musicians Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 12:11 pm

Or how about a book on the Theology Realm's favourite topics… nah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 12:53 pm

I've been meaning to write a book based off of a culmination of my many strange and bizarre dreams sewn together into one cohesive story.  I have a title and basic plot so far, but don't want to share it publicly just yet.  Smile  (PM me if you want more info, I just don't want to post my ideas to the public yet.)  It's going to be pretty psychedelic, dark, abstract, and hopeful - much like my dreams.  It'll take place in modern times, deal with people becoming "evilized" (i.e. the good being sucked out of them and just the evil left) and empowered, have some pretty strange creatures including talking mountain lions, probably some romance (no, not with the talking animals!), grandiose locations I've only dreamt up, and probably include a quasi-apocalypse haha.

Driven wrote:

Fight
Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 1:02 pm

Title: No More Religion

idea: A book telling how I went from being raised in all the denominational churches and how I got to where I am now...no more religion. i would discuss how I believe the modern day church is way way off base (with proof) and how I believe that God didn't stop this from happening because he doesn't interfere with our free will. I would discuss how I came to a conclusion that truth is found more in a combination of Jewish ideas, free grace ideas and gnostic ideas and how I would tie it all together. I would dedicate a chapter to the idea that original sin is wrong and another chapter in doubt of the trinity... I would discuss how God isn't interested in any form of religion or religious behavior and how he wants relationship with mankind...I would discuss how some books that have been doubted and not in the bible should be there and how the bible isn't exactly 100% right (with proof)... I think my book would be huge Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 1:27 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

Ted Dekker did a two book series where the priest WAS the hit man and returns to his faith.
Didn't know that. I'll probably trash mine then. Don't want to rip off an already popular artist.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Wow you guys all have some fantastic book ideas!

I have about 4 or 5 (short) chapters into a book I am writing about my time in the military (with my wife).  It will probably be around 20 chapters if I ever finish it.  I posted most of it to a blog a few years ago and it inspired my sister-in-law to do the same thing....only she finished and published her book already (but she didn't credit me with the inspiration...grrr).  Not sure if I will ever finish it.  My tentative title (which I'm sure I will change if I ever finish it) is "Army Daze"

G/F wrote:
I've written a bit. Mostly studies over a period of years that came together. They're not really "books", rather "packets". I've written packets on Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormonism that include photocopies right out of their own publications. I had ads in the newspapers and got several anonymous requests for these packets that I mailed out for free - in unmarked manila envelopes (in case their family sees them reading "apostate" material).  I also wrote a packet called "Not a Blind Faith" which was 80% research compiled on the existence of God and 20% my actual writing to bring it together as a booklet. We gave away at least a hundred of those.

I would love to see those (maybe if you have some scans or something)!

Guilty/Forgiven

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 4:00 pm

I did a basic HTML site containing most of "Not A Blind Faith" - it's come in handy on multiple occasions where I'd be talking to a believer who's struggling with faith, or someone who thinks it's all a fairy tale. I give them the link and have had a couple people give me good feedback.
http://guiltyforgiven.com/not/not.html
(The site reads like a book with pages you have to turn...).
The "packet" turned website is basically "An introduction to the firm foundation we have as Christians"- but by NO means exhaustive. The paper packet actually has chapters on actual archaeological discoveries and prophetical fulfillments. But I wanted to keep the website version more concise and less boring to those who aren't into all that evidence. Again, it's not all mine, I only compiled the research in order and wrote small parts throughout the work. 
It only takes about 15 minutes to read through and is VERY thought provoking.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 4:06 pm

The packets on the cults I began creating HTML webpages with intentions of uploading, but haven't finished them. I also learned from my friend (who use to work at the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society) that the JW's are starting lawsuits on those who use photocopies out of their publications (clever way to continue to keep the truth from their followers).... so I'm hesitant at uploading my research. I may go back to anonymously mailing packets or even CD-Roms so I don't get sued affraid
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 4:20 pm

Driven wrote:
It's already been done

Dumb Kwestion #25 Ashamp10
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 7:22 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
lol!

x2. That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 7:55 pm

Since I'm big time into BACON, I would write about a pig.  Not just any pig mind you, but an amazing pig.  This little porker would be on a farm, about ready to go to the slaughter house.  A scurvy little she-spider would decide to help him by spinning words into her webs to make the hungry farmer think the hog is special.
The book would likely include a secondary story line about some of the other farm critters, like maybe a drunken rat that chases women, food and booze, a true opportunist.
The end of the book would probably be where the pig ends up being slaughtered and his meat being sold at WalMart where a drummer turned trucker ends up buying lots of his body parts to consume and get really fat.

Or maybe it could end by the hog finding a sow and making BACON bits (piglets) and they could collectively rise up, kill the farmer and run the farm as communists.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Staybrite

Staybrite

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:00 pm

I like your first idea Sabidoo....but it does sound a little familiar.  I might suggest loosing the "spelling spider" bit, it's so silly nobody would buy it...even in fiction.

The second idea is pure drivel...nobody in their right mind would read that.  Next your going to tell me you are thinking about writing a book about a dystopion future where some big brother type government controls the people through artificial war and redacting or rewriting the history books and making thoughts a crime.  Certainly a double-plus-ungood idea.  Laughing

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:14 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Certainly a double-plus-ungood idea.  Laughing
Hmmmmm.
Now the wheels are spinning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Driven

Driven

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:32 pm

A sabidoo sighting. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dumb Kwestion #25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #25   Dumb Kwestion #25 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #25
Page 1 of 1