Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Rez Collection

Go down 
+6
Fundy
oteis
Guilty/Forgiven
bassdude
Xid
BearDad
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:09 pm

Sorry, I know this is a bit boastful, and I don't usually like to say "see what I got", but I'm pretty stoked about this. Rez is my all-time forever favorite Christian band, and while I haven't been actively trying to collect all their releases in every format available until recently, I have been sort-of doing it since the early eighties. I am just kicking myself right now for tossing out several cassettes after getting the CD's, as now I have had to buy them again.

Today I got another step closer to completing the collection with the arrival of The Best of Rez on vinyl. It has a slight warp in it, but it doesn't seem to affect the playing; other than that the record is in excellent condition. Sadly, the sleeve is not. Clearly a previous owner was less concerned about keeping that portion in good condition. Oh well.

So here's my collection thus far:

My Rez Collection Rezcollection

Here's a chart of what I have, need, etc. (in case anyone wants to help fill the "need" spots! Smile )

AlbumVinyl8-TrackCassetteCD
All Your Life --  -- ! -- 
Music to Raise the Dead --  -- x -- 
Awaiting Your Replyx!xx
Rainbow's Endx!x
Coloursx!xx
Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymorex!xx
D.M.Z.x -- xx
Live Bootlegx -- xx
The Best of REZ: Music to Raise the Deadx -- x
Hostagex -- xx
Between Heaven 'n Hellx -- x
Silence Screamsx -- xx
REZ: Compact Favorites --  --  -- 
Innocent Blood Sampler --  --  -- x
Innocent Bloodx -- xx
Civil Rites --  -- xx
XX Years Live --  -- xx
Reach of Love --  -- xx
The Light Years --  -- ?x
Lament --  -- xx
Ampendectomy --  -- xx
Music to Raise the Dead 1972–1998 (Boxed set) --  --  -- x

Legend:

x       - I have it
$       - I have purchased it and am awaiting its arrival
*       - An awesome fellow forum member has promised to send these to me.
--      - It is not available in this format
?       - It is supposedly available in this format, but I haven't found proof of its existence
blank - I still need this one (yes, I need it ... it's like a "fix" man ... I cannot live without it! Very Happy )

The ones with the exclamation points are my "golden ticket" items. I have seen no proof that they exist, only the Wikipedia article on Rez to indicate they do and the say-so of fellow forum members, but if I ever come across them I will do just about anything to get them. Well, anything legal and moral, that is! Cool

Last edited by BearDad on Fri May 22, 2015 3:45 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Live/Bootleg was the first cassette I had ever purchased.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:46 pm

Innocent Blood is my favorite from Rez....actually it's the only one I have kept a physical copy of.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 8:56 pm

One of my huge mistakes I made a few years ago was trading REACH OF LOVE for credit at a place called Crossings Music (don't think they're around anymore).  I bought it years ago in a bargain bin for about 4 bucks.  Ripped myself a copy before I traded it in.. but years later I decided I wanted to build my REZ collection back up. Got quite a few back in my collection until it came to ROL (which, btw, is one of my fav REZ albums) and was shocked to see even Amazon was asking around 40 bucks  !!!! I couldn't believe it ! It's still on my want list.... gonna get it someday.

I love my boxed set though. It has a great choice of songs and despite it being a little chintzy, it was totally worth the 12 bucks.

If you or anyone else has an extra Reach Of Love and want to part with it for a good price for me... please lemme know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BearDad

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
One of my huge mistakes I made a few years ago was trading REACH OF LOVE for credit at a place called Crossings Music (don't think they're around anymore).  I bought it years ago in a bargain bin for about 4 bucks.  Ripped myself a copy before I traded it in.. but years later I decided I wanted to build my REZ collection back up. Got quite a few back in my collection until it came to ROL (which, btw, is one of my fav REZ albums) and was shocked to see even Amazon was asking around 40 bucks  !!!! I couldn't believe it ! It's still on my want list.... gonna get it someday.

I love my boxed set though. It has a great choice of songs and despite it being a little chintzy, it was totally worth the 12 bucks.

If you or anyone else has an extra Reach Of Love and want to part with it for a good price for me... please lemme know Very Happy

it is difficult to find, but here it is for $12! Grab it quick, because if you don't I will, and then I'll charge you $20 for it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 10:02 pm

GOT IT !!!! Thanks SO much !!! That's the cheapest I've seen it in years !
Back to top Go down

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 2:34 am

Very impressive...you have me excited about this band. I broke out what I have and threw it on to listen to tonight. I have seen their first 4 albums on 8 track for sure...back in the early 80s I had colors on 8 track...
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 2:54 am

Great collection. I'm still looking for a few of those on vinyl. Innocent Blood has been released on vinyl as well.

http://www.discogs.com/REZ-Innocent-Blood/release/5204491
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
BearDad

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 10:22 am

I made a couple of changes to my list.

• Savage Amusement reminded me that he once had Colours on 8-track, and he indicated Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore was released on 8-track as well, adding two items to my "holy grail" list.
  • I found this article/interview in which Glen specifically references the All My Life demo cassette, giving proof to its existnce. I don't expect to ever find it, making it another item on in the "holy grail" list, but I sure hope to.  It is supposedly available for download here, but comments from others indicate that the files downloaded are actually something from 1976; they refer to them as demos, but I suspect they are bootlegs.
  • Oteis has indicated that Innocent Blood was also released on vinyl, along with a link giving apparent proof.  Apparently there are some available, all from the other side of the ocean, which makes me wonder if it was ever released in the U.S.  No matter; next paycheck baby! Very Happy
  • Xid is THE MAN! He is sending me two cassettes I had not yet located, as well as an Innocent Blood sampler CD that I didn't even know existed! That's like getting an extra chocolate egg in your Easter basket! Woo hoo! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 12:33 pm

I have the REZ Compact Favourites on CD.  You can have that if you like.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 12:51 pm

The only one I ever had was DMZ on vinyl. It was my youth pastor's and he gave it to me. No idea where it is now. I need to find a good compilation album of Rez because I have always enjoyed them but never had any albums other than DMZ. And I love their version of "Bargain".
Back to top Go down
BearDad

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 2:20 pm

The best compilation you can get is the Music to Raise the Dead 1972-1998 boxed set.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 9:40 am

Light . . . light . . . carry my light on high
Light . . . light . . . carry it on

cheers
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 11:38 am

I've got Colours on vinyl ,a few of the cassettes and most of the latter years on CD. I first got into them "Between Heaven and Hell".

Back when I was still in high school, a local Christian radio station and a Christian music shop had an annual/bi-annual event called a Video Party. There were only a few vids that were played at every video party. One of them was Rez Band's Love Comes Down.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Woo hoo!  Eight of the cassettes I ordered came today ...

Awaiting Your Reply
Colours (so stupid that I didn't have this anymore; it was my first Rez tape)
Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore
DMZ
Best of ...
Innocent Blood
Civil Rites
Reach of Love

ALL STILL SEALED! I know items can be resealed, but some still have the stickers on them, and all of them have pristine jackets (or whatever the paperwork in cassettes is called).  No way am I opening these babies! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 12:28 pm

BearDad wrote:
...or whatever the paperwork in cassettes is called...
That would be a J-Sleeve.

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Would be cool if Lament would be reissued on Vinyl.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 6:43 pm

Getting closer .... Very Happy  (updated OP)
Back to top Go down
BearDad

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 8:51 pm

Arrived today!  Woo hoo! Very Happy

My Rez Collection 2015-03-26%2020.31.55
Back to top Go down

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Nice...cool to see your awesome collection..
Back to top Go down
BearDad

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 3:58 pm

Finally made a little more progress, but this one was bittersweet.

My Rez Collection 2015-05-22%2015.37.03

Oteis pointed me to discogs.com where several copies of Innocent Blood on vinyl were listed by various sellers. After three tries I finally connected with one that still had the LP, and they only wanted £8 for it ... about $13.  The problem with discogs is you don't know the shipping before saying "I'll buy it," so after committing to buy it I learned it would cause £8.5 to ship, making it a $27 purchase ... for a used LP! I might have been able to tell the seller "never mind" at that point, but by then I had made up my mind that I wanted it, so I pulled the trigger and paid for it.

Discogs listed the record as VG+/VG+.  Well, the vinyl sure seems to be so, and while the sleeve has a little mark on the back it might have been VG+ on the seller's shelf, but by the time it got to me it wasn't even G! The seller didn't even put it in a box, just stuck it in a flimsy non-corrugated cardboard envelope with two pieces of corrugated cardboard for padding, put a "fragile" sticker on it, and assumed it would get to me unharmed. WRONG! Two of the corners were bent, one of them so bad it shows the curve of the record where it is bent! I was sure the record was broken, which fortunately it was not.

Still, bent sleeve or not this is an awesome addition to my collection. As near as I can tell this album was not released in the US on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 5:39 pm

Congrats on the score!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 7:37 pm

Xid wrote:
Congrats on the score!

Thanks, but considering the cost I'm not sure I scored anything! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 7:47 pm

I look at it as $27 closer to completing the collection.  Obviously you'd like it cheaper but sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 4:47 am

Man that sucks when people don't wrap packages well. Fortunately the record plays. You can always contact the seller and ask what shipping costs. $13,- from the UK to US is actually pretty cheap. To ship 1 vinyl from The Netherlands to the US is €24,- (about $26,-).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Rez Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rez Collection   My Rez Collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Rez Collection
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next