For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18172
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:53 pm

I'm probably shooting myself in the foot by posting this here (and will likely have to delete the thread if it gets out of hand).  But I found this article/blog post interesting.  I'm not sure I completely agree with the author, but I certainly agree with most of what he says.  Interested what others might think about this (as I have said some of these things myself).

http://www.alreadyam.com/9-unbiblical-statements-that-bible-loving-christians-believe/

Number of posts : 3736
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:06 pm

I like his point six.  I have chatted with a few folk about that point as I believe all the 'main' faiths worship the same God, but others have a skewed understanding of who God is.  And I think he is right to say that God only accepts worship through Jesus Christ.

But hey, I know what you mean about sometimes these posts get out of hand, so I don't mind if folk disagree with me.  I've been wrong before.  It was a Tuesday if I recall....  scratch Hubba hubba

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:54 pm

Quote :
I'm probably shooting myself in the foot
me too..here is how I see it (no debate or argument Evil or Very Mad  but I will have a civil chat Smile )

1. agree to an extent with article...I believe mans actions dont get him to heaven but faith and relationship with our father in heaven gets us to heaven and that God changes us as he see's fit ...
2. disagree with article...to say God wants obedience is not part of my theology at all...God wants relationship ...not Obedience.. and I do believe that God wants us to be happy and blessed in all that we do..Obedience is law based thinking and I believe we are not under the law in any way..
3. Disagree to an extent with article.. I believe that God is the father to anyone who has a relationship with him be they Jews, Christians or anyone else... I believe that non Jews who have a relationship are grafted into what Jews already have and have had for century's with our Father in Heaven..
4. Evil or Very Mad  goofiness to say and believe this in my view..totally man made idea
5. Yes and No...I dont believe that life is to hard to handle however I believe the way man handles things doesn't always line up with Gods original plan so we need his help to make it through sometimes as well as to save us from the pits of hell...I do believe that a life with God yields a better life than one without...
6. disagree...again "I believe that God is the father to anyone who has a relationship with him be they Jews, Christians or anyone else... I believe that non Jews who have a relationship are grafted into what Jews already have and have had for centurys with our Father in Heaven.." this is why I have no use for religion be it organized or not..
7. disagree...I believe we are all born with an equal amount of good and bad and that is why I reject the idea of original sin..in fact I see that as a heretical unbiblical teaching..
8. Wow..I totally agree with this
9. I believe that those with a true relationship with God will have a place in the next world and those without will be destroyed...
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1541
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:55 pm

The first two strike me as very American ideas, particularly that God helps those who help themselves.  The whole idea of self-sufficiency.  I see where the blogger is coming from on 3, but I think it is possible to line up the idea of everyone being God's children with Biblical ideas.  Even an estranged child is still a child.  Anyway, 4 isn't so much "unbiblical" as it is "non-biblical."  Unbibical has the connotation of being counter to what the Bible teaches, and this is just something some nun or overzealous mother came up with.  5 sounds like one of those lies we tell each other to keep ourselves from sticking a gun in our mouths when things get really tough, but has no basis in any sort of reality.  For 6...I"m not sure I totally agree.  Is the worship of the devout Jew who faithfully observes what has been taught for thousands of years, from the days of Moses, not acceptable to God because it does not come through Christ?  What does it even mean to really worship God?  Is it the words we say and the songs we sing, or do we also worship God by the ways we treat others?  James tells us true religion is in that (ok, so he says caring for the widows and orphans) and Jesus tells us the way we treat "the least of these" is more important than the words we say.  So for that one, I just don't know.  7 I think he misses the point of the statement with his explanation.  He should have gone with "He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."  In everyone's life good stuff happens and bad stuff happens.  God isn't this giant force field that keeps all bad stuff away from his people.  Honestly, I think this ties in with the idea that God always wants us to be happy.  People believe that, so they just don't understand when bad things happen to "good people."  8 is another example of those things people say to make other feel better and because the whole "afterlife" concept is pretty hard to understand.  The Bible isn't really all that clear about exactly what happens when we die, so we hold on to things that we can comprehend.  Plus, I think most people who say this mean it more figuratively than actually believing we turn into angels.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2056
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:21 am

I have never agreed with any of those statements and more or less agree with the author for each one.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Number of posts : 5627
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:54 pm

I would agree with pretty much everything myself, but I have a little niggle about #7. There is also a passage in Isaiah 57 that says, "The righteous perish, but no one takes it to heart". And then there's Job, who was essentially the most "good" guy in the land, and who suffered immensely, and couldn't understand it. So I can see the author's point, but at the same time, most people recognize that humans aren't perfect.

Also, read through the comments. Reminds me of someplace else. Cool
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:35 am

Thankfully, all dogs still go to heaven.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:19 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Thankfully, all dogs still go to heaven.

lol!

Number of posts : 14629
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:01 am

lol! 

That's a big relief isn't it TTDR?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1541
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:52 pm

But cats are of the debil.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:55 am

messiaen77 wrote:
But cats are of the debil.

Amen
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3194
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:55 am

They forgot #10:  Money is the root of all evil.

Money isn't the root of all evil.
1 Timothy 6:10 wrote:
For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.  Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:12 am

Xid wrote:
They forgot #10:  Money is the root of all evil.

Money isn't the root of all evil.
1 Timothy 6:10 wrote:
For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.  Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

That's one of my favorites as well, I see that verse misquoted constantly.

Number of posts : 3194
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:49 am

I used to misquote it all the time until my brother pointed out to me the key missing words.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
LindKsEy89

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:24 pm

I agree with this article - good read, thanks.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18083
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:44 am

Even after months of this being posted, it still hasn't gotten nasty.  Thank you, all!

As for the article, I just re-read it.  I wholeheartedly agree with the article.  We Christians have created more fake scriptures and beliefs over the years.  That is why it is imperative for us to become simply followers of Christ.  What did He say?  What did He do?  Then why don't we just do those?  The rest of the New Testament becomes pretty easy pills to swallow and follow if we're just walking like Jesus walked.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:48 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Even after months of this being posted, it still hasn't gotten nasty.  Thank you, all!

Agreed!

PostSubject: Re: Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians   

Back to top Go down

Unbiblical Beliefs by Christians
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1