Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE Empty
PostSubject: Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE   Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 1:52 pm

Argghhh! Here we go again.
Skillet's Comatose album is set to be rereleased as a "Deluxe Edition" on Dec 27, 2007 (too late for Christmas, unless you order directly from their site).
So what is so "Deluxe" about this reissue you ask? Just look at what you get!

Deluxe Edition Content
- New cover art
- Comatose CD
- 5 acoustic tracks
- 1 NEW studio track
- 3 videos (Rebirthing, Whispers in theDark, Looking for Angels)
- Making of the record
- FREE Wallpaper
FREE RingtoneNote: instructions for free wallpaper and ringtone included with CD

Their site has the bonus songs listed as....

Live Free Or Let Me Die (brand new studio track)
Rebirthing (acoustic)
Yours to Hold (acoustic)
The Older I Get (acoustic)
Whispers in the Dark (acoustic)
Say Goodbye (acoustic)

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE   Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 4:00 pm

Again a reissue?
It seems it's very modern to reissue older albums.
Is this only a negative sign that bands are not working anymore on new stuff?
Or is this only meant to make the record companies richer?
When there are reissues of old bands who are out of print like Apostle or A.N.D. I will buy the reissues, but buying reissues of stuff that was released sosme years ago no I don't do that.
Whar are your thoughts about the resissues?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE   Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 4:29 pm

avdb11 wrote:
When there are reissues of old bands who are out of print like Apostle or A.N.D. I will buy the reissues, but buying reissues of stuff that was released sosme years ago no I don't do that.

I'm completely with you there Yvonne. I am not keen on buying reissues for albums that just came out a few years ago (Comatose actually came out this last year!). But I am more than willing to shell out money for a rerelease of a classic album that is out of print. Or even an old album that is getting remastered to improve it's sound quality.
Many of the 80's (and even 90's) Christian hard rock and metal albums I own are reissues from Retroactive or Millenium Eight records.

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE   Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 6:17 pm

There's apparently money in it or the labels wouldn't do it.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE   Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 9:43 pm

What happens is that sales lag for a project after a while. The record execs know that they can lure some hardcore fans to buy another copy by adding bonus features. They also know that people who may not have bought this before now will be more likely to purchase with the bonus features.

I have a better idea for these reissues. How about putting the bonus stuff on there to begin with? Then, only make a limited number of CDs with the bonus stuff. I bet that the initial sales would be more strong with tactics like that.

For me, I would prefer them to just stop doing senseless reissues. If the bonus stuff was really that good, it would have been on the CD to begin with.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE   Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:55 pm

I will agree with alldat on this one. I am getting sick of the reissues. it almost is getting to the point to where it is better to just wait till later to buy the cd since it is going to be reissued later anyways.

On a side note I am going to see Skillet this friday night at a church outside of Des Moines. I can't wait. The band that is opening up for them has been mentioned on this very sight, Fate of Angels from Omaha nebraska
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE   Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skillet - Comatose.......REISSUE
Page 1 of 1