Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)

Go down 
+4
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
topshot rhit
ishmael81
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) Empty
PostSubject: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 11:23 am

So I'll put it here.

Any Early Black Sabbath/Ozzy fans? Ozzy's one of those guys I've been a fan of but never bought any of his stuff for whatever reason... likely too much punk rock I wanted to buy first.

Anyway - thoughts? Love him? Hate him? Hate the lyrics? Wondering what the crap was up with the dove incident?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 11:28 am

I was a huge Ozzy and then BS fan (up through Mob Rules).

He was a showman all right and I suspect a thinker. Just hope he gets saved like anyone else.

ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 11:32 am

I hear ya but what about this, this and this? The first two report that Ozzy is a Christian and attends the Church of England and in the third Ozzy himself says "I'm a Christian."

Regardless, he's got an amazing voice.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 11:41 am

The dove incident happened when Ozzy & Sharon were doing a promo for a record company.  As part of the promo they released doves.  The record folks seems rather ho-hum about it all and not really paying attention so Ozzy grabs a dove and bites its head off.

That got their attention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 11:51 am

I was a peripheral fan growing up - could take him or leave him. 
Musically I have assorted songs by BS and solo that I like, but no full albums. 
As for the person, like Topshot said, I hope he has or does come to a saving relationship with Christ. We'll never know here though.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:21 pm

I like a few songs from the early Black Sabbath years. After Forever, Into The Void, War Pigs, and Snowblind (notwithstanding the lyrics) are favourites of mine.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:40 pm

I've never been a Black Sabbath fan but have liked a lot of Ozzy's music.  The only album I owned of his was Blizzard of Ozz.  I picked it up to find out what the big deal about Randy Rhoads was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:52 pm

I guess I'm probably the total opposite of most of you.  I really dug a lot of early Sabbath but I never really dug Ozzy's voice that much.  I was tickled pink when he left and Dio joined the band (well at least for two albums).  Never even owned a single solo album by Ozzy.

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:57 pm

I am a huge ozzy fan as well as a black sabbath fan...I have almost everything these two artist have put out on both cd and vinyl....My favorite Ozzy albums are The Ultimate sin and Diary of a Madman and my favorite sabbath albums are Sabbath bloody sabbath and the dio led album Heaven and Hell...
Back to top Go down
Deepfriar

Deepfriar

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2014-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 6:31 am

Black Sabbath is good.  I'm no fanatic, but I respect them a lot because they are one of the reasons we have the heavy metal genre.  My favorite album is Master of Reality, if that helps.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 10:35 am

ishmael81 wrote:
I hear ya but what about this, this and this? The first two report that Ozzy is a Christian and attends the Church of England and in the third Ozzy himself says "I'm a Christian."

Hopefully it's true, but going to church doesn't make anyone a Christian, of course. Can't say I've followed him or anyone else since giving up secular music so don't know what kind of fruit he's producing.

ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:03 am

Thanks gang for the input. I may buy a cheap-o hits disc and go from there.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Well, if you were wanting album recommendations...

I have no idea how good any of the compilations are since I never looked into one as I had all the albums up until Ozzmosis. I'm generally not into compilations anyway unless the artist didn't have many overall singles.

While his debut was my first exposure (listened to it every day after school), Diary of a Madman is my all time favorite. I'd have to say Blizzard of Ozz was my first true exposure to metal even. Got me hooked. It was all downhill from there. affraid

metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 3:11 pm

My favorite Black Sabbath album is Master of Reality. Considering the year it was released, it was an extremely heavy album. My favorite Ozzy album is Diary of a Madman. Randy Rhoads was amazing. Ozzy has also always had a knack for finding really good guitar players. Randy Rhoads, Brad Gillis, Jake Lee, Zakk Wylde, and Gus G are names I first heard with Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)   Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not sure where this would go... (any Ozzy fans?)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: