Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience

Go down 
+3
kerrick
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  Empty
PostSubject: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 11:50 am

Wow, THAT was fun !  
I SO wish my CHMer family could've been there with me.

I totally would love it if we could create our own "predominately-Christian-music-swap-meet" similar to this secular one.  Now THAT would be awesome ! 

Though this one was super cool, it had way too much anti-Christian, pro-satan crap everywhere.  Satanic, occultic,and Jesus/God-hating stuff for sale.  Some of the shirts these kids were wearing just broke my heart.  Such hatred for Jesus, makes me wonder sometimes if they wear that crap as a "cry-for-help"... like maybe they're fighting the LORD who's knocking on their hearts.  Walter Martin once said that if you throw a rock into a pack of angry wolves, the one that cries out loudest is the one who got hit. In other words, the person who is the most vocal and against Jesus, is sometimes the one who's closest to breaking and receiving Him into their lives.  I guess it's possible, Idk.  

But on a positive note, I got quite the haul at this shindig ! Records, CDs, pictures, books...
I was gonna start listing one album at a time on the thread for "New albums" but I have so many that I didn't want to end up holding that thread hostage.  So I created this thread where I can post all the goodies I scored.

I'm not gonna post the autographed book I got yet, as i want to wait til Kerrick gets his in the mail and is surprised by the cool signature/drawing that Derek Riggs did. Once Kerrick gets his, then I'll post my picture of it :-)

so we'll start with some random CDs that I snagged from Bill and Scott at the ROXX booth.  Such a great time hanging with them and chatting away. They're such humble souls.

ok, enuff talk... lemme start taking pix....Bouncing smiley
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 11:57 am

Awesome, can't wait to see the pics!!!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 12:13 pm

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  20150410

These were the cool promo posters that they were giving away - Scott Waters signed the Ultimatum one :-)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 12:20 pm

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  20150411

Got there only 15 minutes early, and was only 5 people back from the doors... less than 10 minutes later, the line wrapped around the building !!!! So happy I got there at just the right time.. Whew !!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 12:34 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I'm not gonna post the autographed book I got yet, as i want to wait til Kerrick gets his in the mail and is surprised by the cool signature/drawing that Derek Riggs did. Once Kerrick gets his, then I'll post my picture of it :-)

Dude, you are THE MAN!  Ah I am so stoked to get that book!!!  Thank you again so much!!!  sunny I will be sure to post a picture or two here once it arrives.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:01 pm

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  20150412
Met the very talented and humble soul, Mr Derek Riggs -creator of Iron Maiden's EDDIE. 
Amazing artist !  His wife was there with him (she was a sweet old gal, both with a cool British accents).
We talked a while and he signed both mine and Kerrick's books with a cartoon of Eddie in his autograph.

OMG I also had him sign my Maiden album flat... so while he's writing all over the band's name, he said,in his British accent, "I always sign right over the band's name, cuz when the band members sign album covers, they always write over my artwork...So I always write over their band name" Haha -I had a good laugh on that one !!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:09 pm

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  20150413

Couple autographs - Scott Waters and Derek Riggs (note how he signed RIGHT over Iron Maiden's name -LOL)
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:15 pm

That's too funny about signing over the band's name!  For some reason, that just seems so British.  I love it.  And it's really great to hear how neat of a guy Derek sounds to be.  Stories like that make me enjoy the artists' work that much more.  Thanks for sharing Jim!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:18 pm

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  20150414
Such an honor to meet the legendary vox man for Ultimatum and creator of No Life Til Metal website,  Mr Scott Waters.  We chilled out for a while as I asked him about bands/albums they had for sale... dude's a walking Metal Encyclopedia! !!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:39 pm

Not a bad haul !  I had a financial limit, yet I still scored a heap of great stuff !!  The ROXX booth was especially generous !  I snagged titles I've been wanting for years (but didn't want to pay 15+ bucks for them) most titles were only 3 bucks !!! Some were 5 and though the vinyls were 20 a piece, they still discounted my final total another 30 bucks off !!!!!!!

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  20150415
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:51 pm

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  20150416

Here's my pile of goodies - I shall now begin to post the albums a few at a time....
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 2:31 pm

Holy dang that is quite the haul indeed!  You need to make a list of everything too so we can see all that you got!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 3:12 pm

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Are Ultimatum and Deliverance colored vinyl? I have the black vinyl of Heart of Metal and it was signed too, the pic of Scott has his signature over it. 

Would have been so cool to see all of that stuff! Was Bill Roxx there too?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Haven't opened em yet, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they only had black regular vinyl left.

Bill ? Bill who ??  Razz the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  2015-010
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 4:28 pm

Nice haul bro. Looks like you had a great time.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 5:25 pm

Here we go with all my scores - four at a time 

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  20150417
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 5:45 pm

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  20150418
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 5:50 pm

I really really like that Century Sleeper album.  It took a while to grow on me, but once it clicked...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Right on ! It's gonna take me at least a month to get around to listening to all of these..... Whew !!!!

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  20150419
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 6:08 pm

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  20150420
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 6:09 pm

Stupid cell phone ^
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 6:12 pm

Ooh, Menchen - Red Rock is probably one of Bill Menchen's best albums, along with Dominion & Power which was released around the same time. Great pick.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 6:20 pm

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  20150421
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 6:22 pm

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  20150422
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 11:55 pm

Here's the vinyls I snagged.....

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  Lps_111

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  Lps_210

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  Cds_110
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience    the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the Heavy Metal Swap Meet experience
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next