Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RECORD STORE DAY

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

RECORD STORE DAY Empty
PostSubject: RECORD STORE DAY   RECORD STORE DAY I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 9:56 am

So last saturday was National Record Store Day...did anyone besides me participate?
I bought Rush 2112 180gram hologram edition..it even came with a vinyl rip download and 2 Rush Stickers.....here is a video explaining it I found on youtube...

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

RECORD STORE DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECORD STORE DAY   RECORD STORE DAY I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 12:03 pm

My intention was to buy Farewell To Kings and I was disappointed when I didn't find it. Now I know why, it isn't released until TOMORROW. 

I did pick up Hendrix Purple Haze 7 inch from Atlanta July 4, 1970. 

RECORD STORE DAY Uz1pW08

RECORD STORE DAY HDDlq7O

Got a low number, 155 out of about 4500. This was the only copy they had and the only thing i got but the A-ha! "Take On Me" picture disc was cool but i refuse to pay 17.99 for a 45. The above hendrix 45 is already on eBay for around $25-$30.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

RECORD STORE DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECORD STORE DAY   RECORD STORE DAY I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 12:31 pm

I don't do vinyl, so no "record store" day for me. 

I do need to order the new Impelletteri and Worldview discs, though.  However, there are no music stores nearby me anymore that would remotely consider carrying these.  The three biggest music retailers around me nowadays are Walmart, Best Buy, and Lifeway.  All three have scaled back their music departments until they are almost a mockery of music fans.  We have music--just not what you really want.  Please buy our crap!  LOL

Even the mom and pop places are mostly gone around Nashville.  The used CD shops are almost completely gone, and that is saying a lot.  The physical medium, for the most part, is dying.  Heck, I imagine that most youth don't even bother to steal music anymore--they just stream it.  Why pay for it at all or even own it?  That is the mindset of the new music consumer.  This is the answer to why concert tickets have to cost so much.  The band AND the label have to make some money somewhere.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

RECORD STORE DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECORD STORE DAY   RECORD STORE DAY I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 1:54 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I don't do vinyl, so no "record store" day for me. 

I do need to order the new Impelletteri and Worldview discs, though.  However, there are no music stores nearby me anymore that would remotely consider carrying these.  The three biggest music retailers around me nowadays are Walmart, Best Buy, and Lifeway.  All three have scaled back their music departments until they are almost a mockery of music fans.  We have music--just not what you really want.  Please buy our crap!  LOL

Even the mom and pop places are mostly gone around Nashville.  The used CD shops are almost completely gone, and that is saying a lot.  The physical medium, for the most part, is dying.  Heck, I imagine that most youth don't even bother to steal music anymore--they just stream it.  Why pay for it at all or even own it?  That is the mindset of the new music consumer.  This is the answer to why concert tickets have to cost so much.  The band AND the label have to make some money somewhere.
Same here, we have 3 or 4 WalMarts close by but each of them has the standard A-Z section with titles not going where they are supposed to. Only select artists even have names anymore. Usually Journey, AC/DC, Katy Perry or Taylor Swift but everyone else is somewhere in A-Z... Then there is a $5 mish-mosh bin of random stuff. I haven't checked Best Buy in quite a while but last time I was there the section was so small I didn't bother looking. We do have FYE in the mall and they have a great selection but they are WAAYYYY overpriced.  Family Christian Bookstore mostly has praise/newsong/pop/NO ROCK so I don't even bother looking there anymore. And our one vinyl store has about 80-90% $1 records and less new records than I have bought in the last 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RECORD STORE DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECORD STORE DAY   RECORD STORE DAY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RECORD STORE DAY
Page 1 of 1