Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NYVES - Anxiety

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

NYVES - Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: NYVES - Anxiety   NYVES - Anxiety I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:47 pm

NYVES is a collaboration between Ryan Clark of Demon Hunter and Randy Torres, formerly of Project 86.  I was very intrigued and really liked the sample songs, so I helped fund their efforts via Kickstarter, and a couple of days ago I got the advance digital download for the album that will be released in June.

First of all, this is not Demon Hunter, and it is not Project 86. There are no screamo vocals, just pure singing, and IMO Ryan Clark has a great voice.  It is electronica, which isn't my normal fare but still enjoyable on an occasional basis. One song even reminded my of Men Without Hats' "Safety Dance" LOL!

One thing I really like is that Ryan's lyrics are much less cryptic than any of his Demon Hunter stuff; the songs' messages are quite clear.

Pre-order is available here: http://spartanrecords.limitedrun.com/products/550575-nyves-anxiety
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

NYVES - Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYVES - Anxiety   NYVES - Anxiety I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:52 pm

I just don't care for the whole electronica sound.  That is precisely why I did not buy the new Fireflight record.  I won't be getting this either.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

NYVES - Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYVES - Anxiety   NYVES - Anxiety I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I just don't care for the whole electronica sound.  That is precisely why I did not buy the new Fireflight record.  I won't be getting this either.

I wasn't interested in the new Fireflight album either, as I don't really like it when bands drastically change their sound like that.  However, I don't mind it when it's something like this, a collaboration between two artists from a different genre.

Not to rabbit trail, but a prime example would be Neal Schon.  He continues to do AOR type music with Journey, but on his own he often goes back to his jazz fusion roots, making his solo work nice to listen to because it is not Journey under a different name.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

NYVES - Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYVES - Anxiety   NYVES - Anxiety I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:12 pm

I'm not a big fan of electronica either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

NYVES - Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYVES - Anxiety   NYVES - Anxiety I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NYVES - Anxiety
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: