For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 1705
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??   Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:10 am

A few weeks ago my daughter came home from school and told my wife about this "Charlie Charlie" 'game' kids are "playing" in schools. My wife told her not to do that. The way my daughter described it was like playing with a Ouija board. My wife forgot about it until bed time and told me about it and i had never heard of it. My wife said they ask these question to a Mexican Demon named Charlie and he gives yes or no answers. My first thought was it sounded incredibly stupid. My daughter was still up and I asked her about it and she pretty much said the same thing but that she thought it was dumb and didn't do it, kids at school were doing it. I made a smart-alek remark about if the kids at school were speaking in Spanish and she said "No, why?". And I said "then how is Charlie going to understand what they are asking if he is Mexican?". But we did have a good talk with her and let her know demons are real and not to mess around with that type of thing. We then explained to her what a Ouija board was and said this seemed similiar to that. 

Anyway, she came home from school the next day and said the principal (remember princiPAL is spelled with PAL because he is your PAL!!!) got on the announcements and said they will not tolerate people playing Charlie Charlie and if anyone sees activity of it to report it to a teacher.

Then on Sunday our pastor put this image on the screen and asked if anyone knew what it was:

I had no idea nor did my wife but my daughter's hand shot up and I looked around and all the hands were young people. He then went to say he is an 8th grade teacher (he is not our normal pastor he was filling in) and that kids all over the school were doing this. He saw a group of them hudled around like they were playing marbles. When he asked what it was he too had never heard of it but when it was explained he talked about how dangerous it was to summon an evil spirit and then he asked the students why didn't they just talk to Jesus instead? he teaches at a different school than the one my daughter goes to so apparently this is a problem, at least in my area.

Anyone else know what this is??? A month ago I had no idea what it was and after we told our daughter not to do it I forgot about it until it was mentioned in church.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2056
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??   Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:29 am

Never heard of it, but I'll be asking my 8th grader about it for sure. 

It sounds like a homemade version of a ouija board, which sadly many think is a game. If they only knew ...

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places."  Ephesians 6:12 (NASB)
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 2900
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??   Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:47 am

MikeInFla wrote:
My wife said they ask these question to a Mexican Demon named Charlie and he gives yes or no answers.

Your wife is spot on. I just heard about it at church here this Sunday as we had a guest speaker that specializes in spiritual warfare. Bloody Mary has been another popular "game". These kids have no idea what they are messing with (or perhaps some do).

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??   Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:42 am

http://jezebel.com/that-charlie-charlie-demon-challenge-was-a-viral-market-1708196890
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17866
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??   Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:37 am

I had wondered if this was a marketing push to get people to watch a soon to be released movie.  I know that the teacher I work with tried the challenge to find that nothing happened.  She is not a Christian, so surely something malevolent would have transpired at least in her mind.  Nothing happened.  Of course, there were two Christians in the room praying against whatever should happen and for protection for the students in the room who were oblivious to what was transpiring.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??   Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:17 am

This saddens me SO much. Sad They don't need to be doing this. Demons mess with your mind and make you think you're in control. They lie and use subtlety. There may be kids that go even further, using ouija boards and it can go further than that like it did for me. Really, to me, this is NOT okay AT ALL. Sad

It shows, though, that demons are real. Now, I'm a Christian and I can never be atheist because I know that there are spirits beyond us. These kinds of things can become addictive and people who get sucked in should receive help. You don't need demons to make you happy. Sad
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8827
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??   Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:01 am

^^ Amen ^^
Back to top Go down
Driven

Number of posts : 5588
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??   Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:42 pm

When I went to the Native community not too long ago, I met a man who is a Christian, but has had experiences with animism. He talked a bit about the reality of shamanism and of evil spirits, and he described some practices. But I love how he ended on the note that the Holy Spirit is greater than all of these. Since having heard this man's testimony, and a couple of others during the school year, I'm a whole lot less skeptical of the proximity of the spirit world. Reading about it is one thing, but when you talk face-to-face with believers covered and filled by the Holy Spirit that were once afflicted by evil spirits, it's really troubling - and then comforting, because we have the Holy Spirit.

Funny how it's almost only our culture that denies the supernatural - most of the rest of the world acknowledges it, let alone tries to seek and use it. That should be a big hint toward the reality of spirits.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2056
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??   Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:01 pm

Driven wrote:
Funny how it's almost only our culture that denies the supernatural - most of the rest of the world acknowledges it, 

That is because we are more "civilized" and "sophisticated."   Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??   Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:15 pm

BearDad wrote:
Driven wrote:
Funny how it's almost only our culture that denies the supernatural - most of the rest of the world acknowledges it, 

That is because we are more "civilized" and "sophisticated."   Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Yes, we have evolved beyond those silly superstitions.  We are masters of our own fate!  Unless something really bad happens and then we can't understand why God would let that happen.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3106
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??   Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:17 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Yes, we have evolved beyond those silly superstitions.  We are masters of our own fate!  Unless something really bad happens and then we can't understand why God would let that happen.
Classic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??   

Back to top Go down

So what is this "Charlie, Charlie" stuff??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1