Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How did you met her?

Go down 
+14
Samson
kerrick
MikeInFla
oteis
ishmael81
topshot rhit
Staybrite
Hardkore
BearDad
Fundy
xenonlion
Xid
metaldude
rockerVu2
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

How did you met her? Empty
PostSubject: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 4:06 pm

With the celebration of our anniversay in some weeks I wonder how you've met your wife/girlfriend.

For those who are searching for the woman of your dreams.
I hope you'll find her.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 5:15 pm

I met my wife at church. We didn't talk much, just occasional "hellos", but she had this little curly-haired baby boy who was dangerously cute. I was walking past them at service one night, and kinda reached out for him to come to me. I was a little surprised when he reached back, but his mom let him come, so I picked him up. While I was holding him, I noticed he has these beautiful blue eyes (so beautiful you would think they are fake). I said something like "you sure have pretty blue eyes" and when I  looked at his mom, it just fell out of my mouth, "you got 'em from your Momma". After some schoolboy-like akwardness, we started to see each other outside church. She was a single parent with three kids, so dating was hard. I would get pizza or ice cream and rent movies and go and visit them. One night, while watching a movie, I told her that I  would ask her to marry me if I thought she would say yes. She said "you'll never know if you don't ask". I didn't ask... too nervous, I guess. What I did do was call the only pastor that I  wanted to do the wedding and set a date. Then I told her when to be there. Still, to this day, I have never asked her to marry me. It's been almost ten years. I still catch a lot of grief over that.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 5:36 pm

My wife and I met online in a Christian Chatroom we hung out at.  We started having private conversations and then met when she was in the area, she lived in Montata and I in Western Washington.  We endured about a 2 year long distance relationship and then got married and I moved to Montana.  That was 15 years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 5:42 pm

The women in my dreams do weird things. One contaminated a pool. Another may have eaten my face.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 5:47 pm

xenonlion wrote:
The women in my dreams do weird things. One contaminated a pool. Another may have eaten my face.
I'd suggest avoiding them.  Especially the face eater.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 1:24 am

Xid wrote:
xenonlion wrote:
I'd suggest avoiding them.  Especially the face eater.
lol!   I agree with that!  Face eaters are best to keep away from!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 5:00 am

For the women on CHM it's a him of course.
I only think CHM has more men than women.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 6:40 am

I was living in Denver when a friend from college came to visit, bringing her cousin with her.  We all wanted to go to Elitch Garden's (the local amusement park.), but as we had an odd number of people I called another friend from college that also lived in Denver and asked him to come along. He said sure, but asked if he could bring his girlfriend. As that again put us at an odd number my friend brought along his girlfriend's roommate. She and I hit it off and six months later were married.

Last edited by BearDad on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 7:47 am

I am still single but am keeping a look out for her.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 11:18 am

Hardkore wrote:
I am still single but am keeping a look out for her.

Praying you find her soon.  If there is something a married man wants more than anything it's for all of his single male friends to be married too.  I think they want someone to share the misery with.
lol!

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 11:27 am

I met my wife in high school, 10th grade to be exact.  She was dating a guy who was a friend of a friend, and I was dating another girl from her circle of friends.  I found out early on that the girl I was dating was someone I wasn't really that compatible with so we didn't last, but I kept hanging out in her circle of friends.  The guy my future wife was dating was a complete waste of flesh (no seriously, he was a real scumbag), and eventually she figured it out and dumped him. 

Over the next few months our friendship blossomed into more and we started dating.  The longer we were together the more our fondness and then love grew.  When we married 3-1/2 years later, we were madly in love with each other.  Including the time we dated, we have been together for 31 years.  I have never thought my life would have been better with another partner, she is the best gift that God ever gave me.

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 3:03 pm

I was recently separated and was invited to a church group party. While I saw her there (there were not many folks as it was just a class party) we didn't really converse as everyone was trying to hook me up with the hostess. I did start attending church with them that Sunday. The first hostess and I didn't click but my now wife was interested in me though we didn't talk much until after the party she hosted the next month. I mostly stayed in the corner as there were many more folks there in a tiny duplex (don't like crowds) and she was too busy serving everyone. However, it took off very quickly within a couple weeks after that though.

ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 3:50 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I met my wife in high school, 10th grade to be exact.  She was dating a guy who was a friend of a friend, and I was dating another girl from her circle of friends.  I found out early on that the girl I was dating was someone I wasn't really that compatible with so we didn't last, but I kept hanging out in her circle of friends.  The guy my future wife was dating was a complete waste of flesh (no seriously, he was a real scumbag), and eventually she figured it out and dumped him. 

Over the next few months our friendship blossomed into more and we started dating.  The longer we were together the more our fondness and then love grew.  When we married 3-1/2 years later, we were madly in love with each other.  Including the time we dated, we have been together for 31 years.  I have never thought my life would have been better with another partner, she is the best gift that God ever gave me.
Yeah you definitely married up dude.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 3:54 pm

My wife and I met in sixth grade but weren't really friends. I moved at the end of sixth grade, she moved in the middle of seventh grade and we both ended up at the same school. Over time we got to be best friends and actually dated other people but I was better friends with her than any of the guys I ran around with. 

At some point I  realized I liked her more then as just a friend so I just put it out there one night. That's right, I straight up kissed her. From that point on we dated, got married when we were 20, and i couldn't see myself without her.
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 4:51 pm

My wife and i met at the christian bookstore. I had a weekend job there and was responsible for the music department. My wife is a big music fan as well and a regular customer who would ask me if i had some interesting new stuff in. 
Anyway years passed, i left my job at the christian bookstore and started a new job at the GMI Music (European distributor for Provident Integrity during those days) and we met every year at a christian event she was attending, still asking me for new music tips.
More years past and out of nowhere she sended a friend request on Facebook. The first time i declined, a year later i accepted. Again she started talking on the chat about music. Apperently this was her reason to friend me on Facebook. Anyway, i was way more interested in who she was and what she was doing nowadays. We ended up chatting on a daily basis. A few weeks later we had our first date. Three days later we were in a relationship and i married her about 15 months after our first date.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 5:10 am

In high school I was a pretty shy kid. Not extremely introverted, just quiet. I only had one girlfriend in high school. After high school and taking a public speaking class I came out of my shell and no longer had a problem talking to people (particularly the opposite sex). I excelled at public speaking, while most people dreaded it I looked forward to it. So once I got in college I went out with a lot of girls but none of it was really ever serious except one (where we were exclusively dating). 

I was working at a top 40 radio station while in college. We had tons of callers always wanting to know what we look like, if we were married, etc. And most of the callers were 13 year old girls with a crush onthe voice on the radio, not neccissarily the person.

But one caller was different. She would call to request an occasional song, win a prize or just call to say hello. She never asked for any personal information. One time on a call I mentioned I was a student at UT and she said she was too. And sometimes younger girls might say the same thing but when someone mentions an area of the school or a specific teacher you know they are probably telling the truth about it. Anyway, we talked and talked. Mostly about school and classes then life in general. This was probably June of 1993. We never talked away from my work and much of that work was on weekends running syndicated shows (meaning I only had to play commercials during breaks about every 20 minutes so I had time to talk on the phone). A few months earlier I had broken up with my college girlfriend whom I adored at the time (her brother was a professional wrestler in USWA Wrestling and a former football player for the Vols and she was shall we say "high maintenance"). It wasn't a bad break up, just an unusual one that left me confused and a lot of unanswered questions. To this day I don't know why we broke up (and there's more stories about her that I won't get into with her meeting my new girlfriend -- whom I married 2 years later). 

So I continued to talk to the voice on the other end of the phone for quite some time that summer, even giving her my home number (which she didn't call because I had moved back home for the summer) and I had hers and would call her on days I didn't work. She was a single mom with a 10 month old son. Her folks would watch him while she went to class. 

After talking for 2 months we finally met face to face on campus before a class. Pleasant hellos, that sort of thing because classes were starting. Once classes were done for the afternoon we went to the University Center to look at posters for the poster sale. We walked down to the music store on The Strip and just hung out. Before long we were going to the movies, the mall, etc and dated exclusively. 

We got married in August of 1995 (will be 20 years this year). We got married in the church I grew up in and went to the Bahamas for our honeymoon. Our step son is now 22 and lives in Tennessee. He is married now and calls on occasion, usually to ask for something and sometimes advice he NEVER takes (which recently caused him some issues after he asked me and my dad and we both gave him the "don't do it" advice). He calls me dad and thinks of me as dad. He wants nothing to do with his biological father. We also have 2 daughters, 13 and 5.

Lastly, I do not know where the 20 years have gone. Seems like yesterday.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 6:09 am

Ironically, my story for my first wife is somewhat similar to your's, Mike, though it moved much faster. Get called by teenage girls during my college show. 6 months later, get called again by her friend who remembers what I said to her friend, which floored me. We talk for 50 hours over the next several weeks before meeting. I'll just say it went downhill from there and I knew I shouldn't get married, but I figured it was meant to be under such unusual circumstances. Lasted almost 5 years. Thankful it didn't.

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 6:36 am

Hardkore, I pray you'll find her.

Mu husband and I knew each other for many years when we both were a member of the local schouting group.

Years later my sisters decided to take dance lessons.
In that time we had a big groups of friends.
So some of those friends were already a couple.
But most of us were only friends.
Wile taking the dance lessons you know each other a bit better and so it happened they guy from the Scouting group became my husband.

I have to admit that I'm not really a fan of dancing tango's.
I liked the jive and the samba. 
But all those other dances were  scratch
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 8:35 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Ironically, my story for my first wife is somewhat similar to your's, Mike, though it moved much faster. Get called by teenage girls during my college show. 6 months later, get called again by her friend who remembers what I said to her friend, which floored me. We talk for 50 hours over the next several weeks before meeting. I'll just say it went downhill from there and I knew I shouldn't get married, but I figured it was meant to be under such unusual circumstances. Lasted almost 5 years. Thankful it didn't.

Interesting story as we pretty much did the same thing -- would talk for hours. I even remember talking to her one particular Sunday night. I was running a syndicated show from 7-midnight (probably Open House Party -- I was working part time at a Top 40 station while at UT but also worked at the campus stations). We talked from probably 8pm til 11:30. Then I called her when I got home and we talked until about 6:30 am and the only reason we hung up was because I had to drive 30 minutes or so to UT to do the morning news show on the college radio station (which was WUTK-AM "All News 850 AM"). So we talked all night and I hung up the phone and went straight to school. Luckily it was summer session and that was the only class I signed up for (which really wasn't class, it was just a shift M, W, F on the AM news station. I had worked the previous semester at the college rock station WUTK-FM 90.3). So after that shift I went home and crashed. 

But I too felt the circumstances were unusual and while we have had our ups and downs (and the downs seem to be a thing of the past) 20 years later we are still married. I stayed in broadcasting for about 18 years and finally burned out and left for good in 2005. Long story behind that one.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Aww I love these stories!  It's pretty awesome how God works to bring two people together.

Well, y'all probably already know my story with Veronika from the relationships thread, but in short: she came to the 20s/30s ministry I'm a leader in one night and we spoke very briefly.  That following Saturday she attended a hike our ministry did and on the drive up the two of us and another guy really connected and had great conversations.  I took them shooting the following day because she had never shot a gun before.  A week or two later she emailed me about carpooling to the Easter church service (since she doesn't have a car here).  We hung out together in groups for a good portion of Easter Sunday and then started doing some more one-on-one stuff.  I told her how much I've been loving spending time with her and that I'd like to continue doing so in the context of dating.  That went exceptionally well and in another week or so we were "official."  That was towards the end of April.  Now it's pretty dang serious and absolutely wonderful!

The bummer is that she's only here in the US of A because of the foreign exchange program.  She'll be beginning her trek back to Barcelona (where she's studying to get her PhD) at the end of this month which is gonna suck...  I'm invited to visit her parents in Slovakia (where she's from) probably this fall.  Veronika gets along super well with my family and already seems like a part of it.  She's godly, intelligent, beautiful, fun, caring, and overall absolutely amazing!  And the weirdest part of it all is that she seems to really like me a lot too!!!

Here's a picture of us on a hike last weekend:
How did you met her? 20150510

Went for a drive yesterday in the 'ol Mustang.  What a babe.
How did you met her? 20150610
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 3:47 pm

I met my wife at a wrestling pay per view party
Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 2:17 am

I met my wife on a BBS. They BBS's were around before the internet. Bbs's were setup on computers in peoples homes and you connected to them through the use of MODEMS. MODEMS connected a telephone line to a computer then a computer could communicated with another computer with a MODEM. BBS'S had message forums simulair to this forum. Anyway my wife was a member of. bbs that I started calling. I actually had met someone else whose name was the same first name. One day i wrote this other woman but I.addressed her as. Judy instead of her handle JudyG. I left out the G. So the message went to my wife instead. The rest is history.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 6:30 am

My wife and I met at a small party.  I went to school with a girl that my wife attended church with.  I was not the guy that usually got invited to parties, and I am sure I only got invited because of all the music I owned back then.  Anyway, my wife had brought another female friend with her to this party.  Everyone tried to fix me up with the friend, but she wouldn't talk and was just not that interesting to me.  My wife did talk and was fun to be around.  She also laughed at my jokes.  We talked and wrote letters for about three weeks.  Living in two different counties and going to different schools made it almost impossible to see each other.  So, she dumped me.

This was during my senior year of high school.  When we got our senior pictures, I sent one to my wife with a one sentence letter that simply said, "I always keep a promise."  I had promised her a picture.  Well, she came to see me, and we hit it off.  We got engaged a couple of months later while we both were still in high school--me in the 12th grade and she in the 11th!  We waited until after she graduated and were married a whole 3 weeks after she got out of school.  We've been together ever since.  On June 24, it will have been 27 years together.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 7:33 am

rich71 wrote:
I met my wife on a BBS. They BBS's were around before the internet.  Bbs's were setup on computers in peoples homes and you connected to them through the use of MODEMS. MODEMS connected a telephone line to a computer then a computer could communicated with another computer with a MODEM. BBS'S had message forums simulair to this forum. Anyway my wife was a member of. bbs that I started calling. I actually had met someone else whose name was the same first name. One day i wrote this other woman but I.addressed her as. Judy instead of her handle JudyG. I left out the G. So the message went to my wife instead. The rest is history.

Cool story, I used to run a BBS on my Commodore 64. I first went on line with it in 1985. I used a program called "6485 BBS Program". I was also the first BBS in the area to be active 24 hours a day (for the Commodore). Most bulletin boards would "go up" around 8 or 9 pm then go offline around 6 or 7 am. Was a very fun time. Reminds me of a story of someone I met on a BBS from another school. This was probably 9th or 10th grade but I had some buddies on the BBS and they each had a BBS too. We would talk on the phone, 3-way calling all the time. One of them had a girlfriend and she ended up being the one I married. We did not know each other at the time but when we started dating I was still using a Commodore 64 for everything (I used it from 1984-1994 for EVERYTHING -- no computer viruses, word processing, calling up BBS's, no need tp update softwate, it never ran slow, etc it still did what I needed it to do). Anyway she saw my computer and mentioned her bofriend in high school ran a BBS and I said I did too and i probably knew him. Turns out it was one of the guys I talked to regularly from 9th to 11th grade (I lost touch with them after that). 

How did you met her? 64screen
Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 8:36 am

A friend of mine had a commodore 64. I can remember when I was a kid kmart had a commodore 64 plugged in on display. I would use it and type in some small BASIC programs.. My first computer was in 86 was a Tandy 3000. HL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you met her?   How did you met her? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you met her?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: