For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:43 am

Saw a picture taken of both bands together in PR. Great picture btw. I'm surprised Stryper played with Petra. Giving everything Michael has said about Stryper and being a non Christain band. I don't think Stryper has ever played with another Christain band before have they? I was surprised they played with Petra. Petra being such an openly Christain ministry band.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17855
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:02 am

This may just have to do with who was organizing the event.  The promoter could have hired both bands.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 am

Stryper has played with other Christian bands.  I've seen them with Bloodgood twice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:57 am

Now THAT would be a show.  How about Petra, Bloodgood, AND STRYPER!  That would be hours of music, but boy would it be worth going to see!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:32 pm

They have also played with Rez and I believe Saint.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:38 pm

Did Stryper play with Bloodgood before Oz joined Bloodgood or after or both. Didn't know Stryper played with Rez and Saint. That must have been awhile back
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:12 pm

I don't know if Stryper & Bloodgood shared the stage with Oz on guitar in both.  When I saw them together Bloodgood had David Zaffiro was on guitar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:56 pm

I noticed for the PR concert Greg Bailey was on bass instead of Ronnie Cates and Louie Weaver wasn't on drums it was some guy I've never seen before. Not a big deal on both counts just an observation.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:11 am

Louie Weaver was fired by John Schlitt after Bob Hartman left.  He did work with the Classic Petra lineup.  However, with the actual PETRA, he is not a part of.  Ronnie Cates had departed from Petra some time before Hartman's departure, so it isn't really a surprise that he isn't there now.

I am glad to see that Bob is back in working with John.  I just hope that these concerts are them gearing up to release some new music.

Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:15 am

Louie was on drums and ronnie cates was on bass during Petra gig at the CCM anniversary concert. Why did John fire Louie
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:33 am

No one outside of the Petra camp knows.  I would say that Louie and Ronnie were just brought in as Petra had pretty much ceased to exist when the new song and 40th anniversary album came out.  Classic Petra, which was Bob's own band doing music from the Volz era, had already come and gone.  I prefer Schlitt's vocals, but I would have loved Classic Petra to redo more of their old music and even release new stuff.  I don't know why that has fizzled out.  I just know that Bob & John are doing shows, have started rebuilding the Petra website, and have the two guys you mentioned listed as the current lineup.  There is no keyboard player listed either.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 2831
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:44 pm

I remember seeing Stryper with Barren Cross opening for them.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:43 pm

What is the current lineup. If John fired louie why was louie drumming for Petra at thier gig at the CCM United concernt
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:44 pm

There again, you would have to ask Petra.  Perhaps they got their differences worked out.  It could be that they needed someone quick and he was already familiar with most of the material.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico   

Back to top Go down

Petra-Stryper Puerto Rico
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1