Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Musical Emotions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Musical Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Musical Emotions   Musical Emotions I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Sometimes, it's easier to express an emotion with music rather than with words. Does that happen to anyone else? I'm not even talking about songs with words necessarily. I'm mainly talking about songs without words. There are probably words for what I feel, but I just don't know them maybe. I can relate to songs that don't have words. When I'm not totally out of touch with my emotions, I may feel a really STRONG emotion that I don't know the word for. Certain songs make me feel that way and I feel like I can relate to them? Maybe that doesn't make any sense. I can give examples.

Also: I'm the type of person who thinks in pictures and ideas. My brain is kinda like a soup of thoughts, which makes it hard for me to express my feelings in words at times. (When I can, I tend to do well, though. When I'm serious, I write carefully and it takes forever.)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Musical Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musical Emotions   Musical Emotions I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:06 am

With the description of your thoughts being a soup, you sound very much like me.  I have an intolerance to gluten that makes it much worse.  I am considering asking my doctor to test me for ADD/ADHD as I have all the syptoms of Inattentive ADHD (formally called ADD):

1. Inattentive Type: A person with this type must have at least six of these nine symptoms, and very few of the symptoms of hyperactive-impulsive type:

• Not paying attention to detail
  • Making careless mistakes
  • Failing to pay attention and keep on task
  • Not listening
  • Being unable to follow or understand instructions
  • Avoiding tasks that involve effort
  • Being distracted
  • Being forgetful
  • Losing things that are needed to complete tasks

These are all things that I have dealt with for years but it is really starting to bug me.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Musical Emotions
Page 1 of 1