For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Prayers for a friend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18174
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Prayers for a friend   Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:50 pm

I have a friend named Darrell that, in the past couple of days, has had a major crisis of faith and is publicly cursing God and His followers.  Please pray for Darrell.  Also, pray that God will use some of his Christian friends or family to help draw him back to the fold.  I am sure that he would say that he doesn't want us wasting our time praying to a fictional character, but that isn't what we know, is it?  Pray for this man so that the Holy Spirit will again penetrate his heart and lead him back to Christ.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

Number of posts : 2353
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend   Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Praying.  Hearing of someone choosing to turn away from God is one of the worst things...  Lord, please bring Darrell back to You.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14671
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend   Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:10 am

Praying for your friend Darrell.
Praying is a strong weapon.

Yes Lord, bring Darrell back to You.
Listen to the prayers we pray for him.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend   Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:02 pm

He is less angry at God today, but he is far from coming back into the fold.  Sadly, Darrell is listening only to his "friends of Job".  You remember those guys from the book of Job how they encouraged him to blame himself, blame God, and just be miserable.  When God hears enough, he straightens out those guys and then gives a long rebuke to Job.

Pray that the voice of the Holy Spirit is louder than the voices of the other friends Darrell has who have also walked away from God.  Several of these guys have commented on Darrell's Facebook posts and have revealed that they stopped believing because God didn't give them what they thought He had promised them.  Someone needs to remind them lovingly that God keeps His promises.  We also have to remember that, except for salvation through faith in Christ, not all of God's promises are meant for everyone.  God never promised me that I would receive a promised land to make a nation for me.  He never promised me that I would see again if I washed in the pool of Siloam.  I could keep going on and on.  Too many times churches teach that we can almost tell God what to do by quoting Biblical promises to Him.  However, God will do what He will do and will keep His word to you.  If He did not promise you to do something, then don't get your panties in a wad when you don't get what you want.  Jesus ain't Santa and never promised to be.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18213
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend   Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Praying that Darrell with see his need for God.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend   Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:44 pm

It is hard to remain a friend to Darrell as he keeps heaping insults against God and against Christians.  I can be friends with a lot of people, but being constantly insulted just makes the relationship sour.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend   Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:01 am

Praying for you for patient with Darrell.
For Darrell that he's listening to what God's Holy Spirit will tell him.
For less influence of his other friends.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend   Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:52 am

alldatndensum wrote:
It is hard to remain a friend to Darrell as he keeps heaping insults against God and against Christians.  I can be friends with a lot of people, but being constantly insulted just makes the relationship sour.
I bet it does, praying for you too.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend   Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:40 am

Darrell had a major downturn and was insisting that all of his Christian friends and family get out of his life.  His rants against God and against us were so bad that I responded and told him that he would have to own this.  Our leaving wasn't what we wanted in the relationship.  God didn't want that either.  However, if that is what he really wanted, then we would grant him that.  I removed myself from his friends list at Facebook promptly.  I have not heard from him since and don't expect to.  At first I just thought he was angry.  Now, I feel that if he truly was a believer that he has gone full blown apostate.  I feel more like that his faith was just not real, though, and that is why it was so easy to chuck it in the trash.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend   Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:08 am

Very sad.  Crying or Very sad

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend   Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:16 am

Yep, that's very sad.
Back to top Go down