Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GX Project updates

Go down 
+3
deathisgain
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

GX Project updates  Empty
PostSubject: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 9:14 am

Update #1 From their page:

World Premier of the single 'She's Got Balls' from the brand new album 'Raze Some Hell' exclusively on Steel 93 radio http://steel93.com/Home_Page.html (see site for air times)

Update #2 From their page:

ALBUM UPDATE: CD's are done and have shipped out to us today ETA here on Friday the 26th. If they arrive on time presale orders will begin shipping this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 12:02 pm

It will be interesting, to say the least, to hear what this song and some of the others on this album are about.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 8:03 am

Before I decide to order this new GX Project album, I want to listen to samples.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 12:16 pm

I did order, but this could be my last time of supporting this band depending on what the subject matter is.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 7:32 am

Have you already listened to a song of the new GX Project album?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 7:47 am

No.  I have to wait just like everyone else.

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:20 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Have you already listened to a song of the new GX Project album?

I got to hear an unmastered version of one of the songs, and I have to say that the production was way better than the past stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:25 pm

I have to agree....I heard an early cut and I really liked it.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 7:52 am

Good to hear. But I still won't order until I hear some samples (not a sample but many).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 9:19 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Good to hear. But I still won't order until I hear some samples (not a sample but many).

I'm with Mike here.  Not necessarily because I'm worried about the lyrics so much, but more because I just wasn't that thrilled with the last album.  DIG's comment about the production does have me very hopeful.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 6:39 am

So does anyone have this yet?? If they have shipped out someone should've gotten it over the weekend. Curious to know how it is (and I still want to hear samples).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 7:19 am

He was signing a lot of them, including mine.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 9:19 am

Maybe I didn't request it or maybe it was because I gave Rex some grief about not posting lyrics, but mine was not signed.  Sniff, sniff.  Ok, what's next?

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 11:31 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Maybe I didn't request it or maybe it was because I gave Rex some grief about not posting lyrics, but mine was not signed.  Sniff, sniff.  Ok, what's next?
What's next? A complete review!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 12:02 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
What's next? A complete review!!

lol!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 12:46 pm

Me? Review?  Um....I don't think I'll do a full review.  From needing to finish putting together my VBS music program in two weeks to preparing for a trip to Cincinnati with a missions team, this week is slammed.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 1:18 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Me? Review?  Um....I don't think I'll do a full review.  From needing to finish putting together my VBS music program in two weeks to preparing for a trip to Cincinnati with a missions team, this week is slammed.
That is just unacceptable! You could play it while you are putting together VBS music (and maybe even use it at VBS) and listen to it while packing for Cincinnati!  Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 7:44 pm

Got my signed copy in today...

Quick listen thru and I am impressed.

Lyrics have a sense of humor, too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 8:24 am

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
That is just unacceptable! You could play it while you are putting together VBS music (and maybe even use it at VBS) and listen to it while packing for Cincinnati!  Cool

Our VBS has a song in the list that came with the curriculum that is a Skillet song.  I am taking it out because it just is heavier than what our older generation will appreciate.  I am leaving the Barlow Girl song in, though.  Hehehehe!

Listen while packing?  That's a great idea, but my wife will be in the house then.  I listen to very little music while she is around.  We don't share the same tastes in music at all.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 10:49 am

alldatndensum wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Listen while packing?  That's a great idea, but my wife will be in the house then.  I listen to very little music while she is around.  We don't share the same tastes in music at all.

Got it I understand completely but we do agree on The Beatles which we played some records the other night. Been a while since we both put something on the turntable and played it for the whole house to hear.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 5:26 am

So is GX still a thing? I wasn't a fan of the production on the last one but am ready to hear more if they have something new. I guess it has been quiet on the GX front.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 7:14 am

The only thing I know Rex has worked on was the Zion remaster and bonus track.  If we can't get X-Sinner, I would love for him to revive Zion.

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 11:15 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
So is GX still a thing? I wasn't a fan of the production on the last one but am ready to hear more if they have something new. I guess it has been quiet on the GX front.

Yes. There is an album that is pretty much done. It has some hold ups currently. I think all that needs to be done is some solos and mastering. That being said, the Zion album is closer. I'll be working on the layout soon. This one will be on vinyl as well.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2019 12:16 am

deathisgain wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Yes. There is an album that is pretty much done. It has some hold ups currently. I think all that needs to be done is some solos and mastering. That being said, the Zion album is closer. I'll be working on the layout soon. This one will be on vinyl as well.

Great news! (about both bands)

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9957
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2019 1:01 am

I echo Staybrite: Great news!.. great news!... great news!...

I actually love Zion as much or a little more than X-Sinner. And GXP has put out some killer feel good metal, both albums find their way in my CD player every so often. So I welcome more from his GX Project - Exciting !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GX Project updates    GX Project updates  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GX Project updates
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next